Sparton Ops and Medals won with Announcer...

I know it is trivial, but would it be possible to add the medals won/earned and the announcer to Spartan ops like it was in Firefight? … I always liked the pat on the back for doing something meaningless like killing a few bots or two :slight_smile:

Guess I am the only one :frowning:

Spartan Ops is more of a campaign. You have Palmer and Miller constantly talking to you as it is. Having the Announcer yelling “DOUBLE KILL” as well could get overwhelming.

Palmer: CRIMSONZ DO DIS!

Miller: PROMETHEANS! AAAH!

Palmer: MILLER SHUT UP!

ANNOUNCER: DOUBLE KILL!

Miller: ENEMIES HERE! ENEMIES THERE! AAAH!

ANNOUNCER: OVER KILL!

Palmer: Eggheads…

ANNOUNCER: KILLING FRENZY!

Miller: MERGH!

I can see that at certain parts of the missions, but for the most part Spartan Ops feels a lot like ‘dry toast’, i.e. I think a little ‘double kill’ from time to time might keep me playing more… just a thought.

> Spartan Ops is more of a campaign. You have Palmer and Miller constantly talking to you as it is. Having the Announcer yelling “DOUBLE KILL” as well could get overwhelming.
>
> Palmer: CRIMSONZ DO DIS!
>
> Miller: PROMETHEANS! AAAH!
>
> Palmer: MILLER SHUT UP!
>
> ANNOUNCER: DOUBLE KILL!
>
> Miller: Crim-
>
> ANNOUNCER: OVER KILL!
>
> Palmer: Eggheads…
>
> ANNOUNCER: KILLING FRENZY!
>
> Miller: MERGH!

pop
Dead Grunt :yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

No op you are absolutely right. Drop the banter, put jeff, medals and scoring in and you have it! Awesome! A member was posting these same ideas on launch day.

> Spartan Ops is more of a campaign. You have Palmer and Miller constantly talking to you as it is. Having the Announcer yelling “DOUBLE KILL” as well could get overwhelming.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

So much win!

I think, on an aside, again, this game feels a little without, i.e. ‘dry toast’, without charm, without ‘Bungie’, and just ‘too’ new. It is a ‘great’ game, especially the wargames even though I suck… I give it a go :slight_smile:

Back to Spartan Ops, and firefight, and whatever… a little feedback would be nice, i.e. it would not hurt to hear ‘double kill’ instead of some scripted actor’s voice telling me what this and that… or how about both, any, and all… we have all played Spartan Opts… it gets boring… just like firefight.

Lets hear Jeff tell us… “Spartan Opts” … “Kill’em all” :slight_smile:

Would make about as much sense as adding “DOUBLE KILL” announcements to campaign.

Good idea if some way could be found of not having it interfere with in-game speech like someone else pointed out.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

That would actually convince me not to mute the game while playing Spops

yes it would make as much sense, and it might make the game a little more interactive, i.e. a game…

…double kill!!! :slight_smile:

overkill…

…Killtacular :slight_smile:

After you have already beat the mission the VO from Palmer and Miller is repetetive, Jeff would add some much needed spice. Maybe an option for private Spartan Ops missions.

> > Spartan Ops is more of a campaign. You have Palmer and Miller constantly talking to you as it is. Having the Announcer yelling “DOUBLE KILL” as well could get overwhelming.
> >
> > Palmer: CRIMSONZ DO DIS!
> >
> > Miller: PROMETHEANS! AAAH!
> >
> > Palmer: MILLER SHUT UP!
> >
> > ANNOUNCER: DOUBLE KILL!
> >
> > Miller: Crim-
> >
> > ANNOUNCER: OVER KILL!
> >
> > Palmer: Eggheads…
> >
> > ANNOUNCER: KILLING FRENZY!
> >
> > Miller: MERGH!
>
> pop
> Dead Grunt :yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

This is hands down, the best thing I’ve ever read on these forums.