Spartans need to die more realistically.

When Spartans die in Halo 4 their bodies seem to have no skeletal structure at all. It’s like they turn into stuffed teddy bears or something and twist and bend in unnatural ways. Also, when they slowly roll down slopes, it sounds like they’re pounding the ground over and over like when they first hit the ground, but they’re just rolling.

These are little things, yes, but I think it’s worth mentioning.

More death animations would be a nice bonus, but if you die by explosions I would still prefer the rag doll deaths.

Agreed. I don’t like the death animations in h4 at all. Why? Because there are particular death animations. It’s kinda annoying and very unnatural. Whenever i take out somebody with a BR headshot, they would always fall down the same way. Same with dying from explosions, the struggling and pedaling move with arms and legs is already so drab.
There shouldn’t be particular dying ways when getting killed a certain way. You should fall down and die indeterminated…simply someway as never seen before… naturally (i know a game can’t be natural but u know what i mean)

> More death animations would be a nice bonus, but if you die by explosions I would still prefer the rag doll deaths.

Yeah, current power of the physics engine doesn’t do the best job at creating a realistic ragdoll, but they’re still fun.

I’m pretty sure what you’re describing is the imperfection of ragdoll physics in any game. At least it’s not as bad as Thief: Deadly Shadows.

But… Spartans Never Die :frowning:

Sorry guys someone had to say it

> But… Spartans Never Die :frowning:

If only that were true.

> > But… Spartans Never Die :frowning:
>
>
> If only that were true.

Halo 4 MP is all a simulation no one dies. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather gameplay be perfected than some silly complaint about realism.

I can agree. Though I have absolutely no problem with it. After I die, I watch the deathcam and laugh my heart out. It does add humor content, I will say. Also, there’s one that’s pretty realistic: that one where the Spartan starts to slump to his knees with his gun in the air, then crumples to the ground. And who says assassinations aren’t cool?

> I’d rather gameplay be perfected than some silly complaint about realism.

I agree with this. :slight_smile:

I would rather have the Halo 3 mechanics when you beat someone down and sometimes they go flying across map.

Well if you want the H1 death animation without realistic ragdoll physics… (It was even creepier than H4 D:)

I thought people loved the ridiculous ways in which Spartans acted upon death, depending on how they were fragged. That’s, like, one of the charms of Halo.