Spartans IV's and other UNSC stuff

In my personnal opinion Spartan IV’s suck they are worthless, they are just augmentated marines with more durability, also wtf is that -Yoink- of imprisioning Dr.Halsey i mean she is probably bitchy but she -Yoinking!- saved the humanity, what the UNSC should do is to free Halsey fire all spartan IV’s specially that -Yoink- of Palmer, and start taking orphans into spartan II program cuz the spartans IV will never be like the spartan II , i mean if you have read the books and done some research, a bunch of spartans fought 300 wraiths on bare hand to hand combat and almost win, on the other hand you have this… spartan’s IV hiding behind some rocks because they cant follow orders and do -Yoink- about some promethean knights…nuff said.

Obviously spartan 2s are better but training more spartan 2s would be immoral.

You need to read more books.

Spartan 3s where orphans.

Spartan 2s where kidnaped children.

Although your post has a lot of emotion behind it…I’ve got to agree.

Spartans seem to be getting worse and worse with every iteration. Really, the IV’s don’t deserve the Spartan moniker. They should just be a level higher than an ODST.

They should probably just continue with the SIII program imo. Noble Team FTMFW

Well if you read the books you would know that Spartan IIs were the best, due to the intense (and highly immoral) nature of their training and augmentation. Future Spartans, while still being pretty badass, are cheaper to create and not trained as intensely from such an early age.

Also, if you read the books you would know that Halsey started the Spartan II program as a means to fight insurrectionists, a cause that hardly justified kidnapping and essentially experimenting on children.

If someone set off a nuke that destroyed a a major city, but just so happened to unknowingly kill someone that was building a bomb that would destroy a Country, does that excuse this person’s actions?

Halsey is a war criminal and a massive human rights violator with no sense of ethics. And a scientist with no ethics is a very, very dangerous person. Especially one as intelligent as her.

So yes, she did end up saving humanity, but that was not her goal when she started the project. While they were useful at the time, there was no need for Spartans. She created them because she could, everything else was just an excuse.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Halsey is one of the most interesting characters in the series. I’d even go so far as to say that she’s one of my favourites.

> <mark>Well if you read the books you would know that Spartan IIs were the best,</mark> due to the intense (and highly immoral) nature of their training and augmentation. Future Spartans, while still being pretty badass, are cheaper to create and not trained as intensely from such an early age.

False. The SPARTAN-IIIs were actually superior to the SPARTAN-IIs. they underwent safer augmentation procedures, and were actually physically stronger than the IIs. the reason they sucked was because they were twelve-year-olds given advanced but crappy equipment and sent on suicide missions.

The SPARTAN-IVs, however are an advanced version of the ORION Project, which was later renamed the SPARTAN-I Program. Basically they are all adult volunteers given III augmentations. they are not as strong as the other Spartans due to the fact that the is only so much that can be done to the adult body. However, they do have something that the Spartan-IIs and IIIs didnt have. Experience

> So yes, she did end up saving humanity, but that was not her goal when she started the project. While they were useful at the time, there was no need for Spartans. She created them because she could, everything else was just an excuse.

Also false. The first two Spartan programs were actually made to save humanity. The Insurrection got to the point where the UNSC had to nuke whole planets to stop the Insurrectionists.

Experience? tell that to Master Chief

> False. The SPARTAN-IIIs were actually superior to the SPARTAN-IIs. they underwent safer augmentation procedures, and were actually physically stronger than the IIs. the reason they sucked was because they were twelve-year-olds given advanced but crappy equipment and sent on suicide missions.

They were also much cheaper to make. The point of the S-III project was to “mass-produce” Spartans, to sacrifice quality for quantity. So along with cheaper augmentations and a less stringent selection critera, they were also not trained quite as well. They were meant for suicide missions, not long military careers.

> The SPARTAN-IVs, however are an advanced version of the ORION Project, which was later renamed the SPARTAN-I Program. Basically they are all adult volunteers given III augmentations. they are not as strong as the other Spartans due to the fact that the is only so much that can be done to the adult body. However, they do have something that the Spartan-IIs and IIIs didnt have. Experience

Agreed. Although this experience came at the expense of the intense training programs the S-IIs and S-IIIs went through.

> Also false. The first two Spartan programs were actually made to save humanity. The Insurrection got to the point where the UNSC had to nuke whole planets to stop the Insurrectionists.

The Insurrectionists, while a serious threat, were not a threat to all of humanity, just the UNSC. They were like any revolutionary group today, who felt neglected and poorly treated by the governing powers, just on a much larger scale. Yes, they caused a great deal of collateral damage, but there goal was to overthrow what they saw as an incompetent leadership, not destroy humanity.

The S-II project was far too extreme relative to the threat to be justified. Something similar to the S-IV program would have been more than sufficient.

As I said, Halsey did what she did because she could, not because it was necessary.

> You need to read more books.
>
> Spartan 3s where orphans.
>
> Spartan 2s where kidnaped children.

were*

kidnapped*

> In my personnal opinion Spartan IV’s suck they are worthless, they are just augmentated marines with more durability, also wtf is that -Yoink!- of imprisioning Dr.Halsey i mean she is probably bitchy but she -Yoinking!- saved the humanity, what the UNSC should do is to free Halsey fire all spartan IV’s specially that -Yoink!- of Palmer, and start taking orphans into spartan II program cuz the spartans IV will never be like the spartan II , i mean if you have read the books and done some research, a bunch of spartans fought 300 wraiths on bare hand to hand combat and almost win, on the other hand you have this… spartan’s IV hiding behind some rocks because they cant follow orders and do Yoink! about some promethean knights…nuff said.

Halsey was taken detained due to her taking some very VERY important players off of the board when the UNSC needed them most. Mendez and the remaining Spartan IIs and IIIs. Maybe her reasons were justified to herself. However, at a pinnacle of a war that could result in ending all life in the galaxy, I’d like all the best soldiers on the frontline to prevent that from happening.

Are Spartan IIs superior? Yes.
However, you have to consider the failure rate during augmentation and just how long it takes to produce a Spartan II

Spartan IIIs were “safer” to produce, but were mentally and socially unstable. They were made in large numbers to mostly overwhelm hot spots with shear force. No matter how many were lost. They were made with the intent of dying.
Look back at Noble Team. Carter was the only one that really acted like a soldier.

Spartan IVs have pretty much been streamlined probably mostly for public moral. Not only do they prevent the public from asking where Spartans come from, but it also gives marines an even more elite status to aspire to. Do they suck? NO! They are still the best among the military at that time.
And the world doesn’t have to wait another 10+ years for another wave of Spartans trained from childhood.

Now they can practically put together a new wave of essentially augmented ODSTs overnight.

A hand full of Spartan IIs in 10 years or a few hundred Spartan IVs tomorrow?
Each has its pros and cons.

> > Well if you read the books you would know that Spartan IIs were the best, due to the intense (and highly immoral) nature of their training and augmentation. Future Spartans, while still being pretty badass, are cheaper to create and not trained as intensely from such an early age.
>
> <mark>False. The SPARTAN-IIIs were actually superior to the SPARTAN-IIs.</mark> they underwent safer augmentation procedures, and were actually physically stronger than the IIs. the reason they sucked was because they were twelve-year-olds given advanced but crappy equipment and sent on suicide missions.
>
> The SPARTAN-IVs, however are an advanced version of the ORION Project, which was later renamed the SPARTAN-I Program. Basically they are all adult volunteers given III augmentations. they are not as strong as the other Spartans due to the fact that the is only so much that can be done to the adult body. However, they do have something that the Spartan-IIs and IIIs didnt have. Experience
>
>
>
> > So yes, she did end up saving humanity, but that was not her goal when she started the project. While they were useful at the time, there was no need for Spartans. She created them because she could, everything else was just an excuse.
>
> Also false. The first two Spartan programs were actually made to save humanity. The Insurrection got to the point where the UNSC had to nuke whole planets to stop the Insurrectionists.

That is not even close to being true. The S-llls augmentation process was toned down, that is why it was cheaper and safer than the S-ll augmentation process. I also remember that some of the drugs used for the S-lls were illegal and highly dangerous.

Careered Marines that have been augmentated are supposed to act like indoctrinated super augmentated kids? Seems legit…

> Careered Marines that have been augmentated are supposed to act like indoctrinated super augmentated kids? Seems legit…

And which would you think would have more respect? I think Marines that have had training and know how to follow orders would be more respectful and less, douchey, than kids…