Spartans are still too shiny

This is the only thing I really hate about the latest images which were shown. Armors seems to be plastic-made, just like Halo 4, and they’re way shiny. They should be darker and rougher, like in Halo: Reach.

But I’m not a hater, so I can live with it.

they look pretty good but yes the blue color still look a bit too plastic ish for my taste

Yeah, this is one thing 343 can’t seem to get right.

It could use a bit of less shine, but I wouldn’t say make it like Halo Raech. That’s just too gloomy.

I completely agree with you on this one. I noticed the spartans looking really tacky and plastic looking a few weeks ago. They dont look like they fit in with the remastered maps at all. I really liked the halo 3 armour, had a nice colour. Not to bright and not to dark.

You people are crazy.

Halo 3

Halo 2A

But that’s just my opinion.

> You people are crazy.
>
> Halo 3
>
> Halo 2A
>
> But that’s just my opinion.

/
This
If you make the armor metallic people say it’s too shiny.
If you make the armor matte people say it looks like plastic.

We as whole need to stop being so nitpicky about everything.

MP Spartans in 3 looked like cake, with waxy frosting. I’m sure in 1080p/60FPS they’d look better.

Honestly, I think that the armour looks more than fine. So what if it’s not exactly like Halo Reach, Halo 2, etc.? No Halo game has had the exact same art style as past ones, so why should Halo 2 Anniversary do the same? The game looks gorgeous, and the Spartans are fantastic. I have no complaints whatsoever.

I can understand complaining about gameplay mechanics and other MAJOR features in the game, but armor? Facepalm

> I can understand complaining about gameplay mechanics and other MAJOR features in the game, but armor? Facepalm

It’s a legit complaint, at least in my opinion. I couldn’t stand looking at the plastic looking spartans in Halo 4 after seeing the awesome gritty/battle torn look of Reach’s spartans. The Halo 4 spartans in particular look like they have never been in even a minute of combat.

> > I can understand complaining about gameplay mechanics and other MAJOR features in the game, but armor? Facepalm
>
> It’s a legit complaint, at least in my opinion. I couldn’t stand looking at the plastic looking spartans in Halo 4 after seeing the awesome gritty/battle torn look of Reach’s spartans. The Halo 4 spartans in particular look like they have never been in even a minute of combat.

That’s because they haven’t. They were meant to look new and shiny, and it was a nice change of pace from Halo Reach’s dark and gritty (albeit very nice) look. Plus, the Spartans in Halo 1 and 3 looked new and shiny as well, but it didn’t really change anything, did it?

> > I can understand complaining about gameplay mechanics and other MAJOR features in the game, but armor? Facepalm
>
> It’s a legit complaint, at least in my opinion. I couldn’t stand looking at the plastic looking spartans in Halo 4 after seeing the awesome gritty/battle torn look of Reach’s spartans. The Halo 4 spartans in particular look like they have never been in even a minute of combat.

How logical would it have been for Thorne’s brand-new armour, straight off the manufacturing line, to look, as he first put it on, like it had been dragged through the dust of Reach twelve times? The H4 armours were NEW. New things look new!

343 is giving us literally the best thing that has everr happened in the gaming industry, and youre complaining about how shiny the armor is? Some people are just so ungrateful. Wow.

Putting two and two together, the multiplayer settings in Halo 4 are entirely simulated (canon)…

OP was just making an observation, one that I agree with. The armor is a little too “shiny” for my liking. That doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate all that 343 is doing with the collection; I’m gonna play the hell out of it, and I thank them for all the work they put into it. Still, the armor looking too clean is a minor, personal gripe that I also had with Halo 4.

My favorite style was from Reach, because they truly looked experienced and made for heavy engagement battles. Don’t know really know how to describe it but I just thought they looked great. It’s how I imagined a spartan I guess. Tough, well worn and experienced.
That being said that Reach had my favorite armor, I think this armor looks incredible. The visor blows me away. It just…it just looks SO good. Sure I wish they had a grittier darker look, like the blue and red colors from 3 and Reach, but man…that’s good looking armor.

> > > I can understand complaining about gameplay mechanics and other MAJOR features in the game, but armor? Facepalm
> >
> > It’s a legit complaint, at least in my opinion. I couldn’t stand looking at the plastic looking spartans in Halo 4 after seeing the awesome gritty/battle torn look of Reach’s spartans. The Halo 4 spartans in particular look like they have never been in even a minute of combat.
>
> That’s because they haven’t. They were meant to look new and shiny, and it was a nice change of pace from Halo Reach’s dark and gritty (albeit very nice) look. Plus, the Spartans in Halo 1 and 3 looked new and shiny as well, but it didn’t really change anything, did it?

Thanks for adding another reason to my list on why campaign canon should stay out of a game’s multiplayer. The spartans in Halo 4 look far more plastic than any other game. And I don’t know what Halo CE you played but they did not look plastic or shiny. In Halo 3 its to a less extent than Halo 4 and I have complained about the Halo 3 spartans because the Halo 3 Beta spartans looked FAR better and even had battle damage like Chief in the campaign. As far as spartan design goes, Halo 2 and Halo Reach got it right.

> You people are crazy.
>
> Halo 3
>
> Halo 2A
>
> But that’s just my opinion.

It wouldn’t let me thank you 30 times, so I’m just quoting it here again in case anyone missed it.

> > > > I can understand complaining about gameplay mechanics and other MAJOR features in the game, but armor? Facepalm
> > >
> > > It’s a legit complaint, at least in my opinion. I couldn’t stand looking at the plastic looking spartans in Halo 4 after seeing the awesome gritty/battle torn look of Reach’s spartans. The Halo 4 spartans in particular look like they have never been in even a minute of combat.
> >
> > That’s because they haven’t. They were meant to look new and shiny, and it was a nice change of pace from Halo Reach’s dark and gritty (albeit very nice) look. Plus, the Spartans in Halo 1 and 3 looked new and shiny as well, but it didn’t really change anything, did it?
>
> Thanks for adding another reason to my list on why campaign canon should stay out of a game’s multiplayer. The spartans in Halo 4 look far more plastic than any other game. And I don’t know what Halo CE you played but they did not look plastic or shiny. In Halo 3 its to a less extent than Halo 4 and I have complained about the Halo 3 spartans because the Halo 3 Beta spartans looked FAR better and even had battle damage like Chief in the campaign. As far as spartan design goes, Halo 2 and Halo Reach got it right.

I’m going to say that armor in a stimulation doesn’t have to be shiny and new.