Spartans are shiny

I know, from this title you could say i’m Captain Obvious, because many people talked about it.
I think we should take consideration one more time. I think 343 could consider this as a feedback (one of the many).

From the Halo 5 beta to the final version we saw a lot of changes, some of these were good, some bad.
One of my personal change i hated so much is the fact the Spartans are shiny. If you are under a shadow, they continue to keep their light, like if they’re fluorescent.
I personallly found this very odd, but i imagine there is a motive if they chose to make spartans shiny.
What i think is they chose this according to pro gamers. At the release of Halo 5, Team colors weren’t exactly the colors we have now. The colors, in both red and blue team, were really dark. So i think that the pro gamers asked to 343 to make the spartans shiny according to team colors BEFORE the last updates we had.
In fact, some updates ago we received new bright colors for teams, and this makes the spartans even more shiny.

What i think 343 should do now is the following:
In the last update, Monitor’s Bounty, they divided Ranked playlist to Social one, and so on…
My idea is to turn on the shiny mode only in ranked playlist. Pro players can, then, play the game as they want.
In the other hand, instead, the Spartan is regularly with the right light in forge and social playlist.
Forgers, or whoever makes the mode for the map, could set the shiny mode in options before to start the match (like Machinina mode).

This should make the spartan cool, with the right light and shadows, and for pro players nothing changes (since they play for ranked games).
Tell me what you think about it.
Have a good day.

> 2533274880210770;1:
> I know, from this title you could say i’m Captain Obvious, because many people talked about it.
> I think we should take consideration one more time. I think 343 could consider this as a feedback (one of the many).
>
> From the Halo 5 beta to the final version we saw a lot of changes, some of these were good, some bad.
> One of my personal change i hated so much is the fact the Spartans are shiny. If you are under a shadow, they continue to keep their light, like if they’re fluorescent.
> I personallly found this very odd, but i imagine there is a motive if they chose to make spartans shiny.
> What i think is they chose this according to pro gamers. At the release of Halo 5, Team colors weren’t exactly the colors we have now. The colors, in both red and blue team, were really dark. So i think that the pro gamers asked to 343 to make the spartans shiny according to team colors BEFORE the last updates we had.
> In fact, some updates ago we received new bright colors for teams, and this makes the spartans even more shiny.
>
> What i think 343 should do now is the following:
> In the last update, Monitor’s Bounty, they divided Ranked playlist to Social one, and so on…
> My idea is to turn on the shiny mode only in ranked playlist. Pro players can, then, play the game as they want.
> In the other hand, instead, the Spartan is regularly with the right light in forge and social playlist.
> Forgers, or whoever makes the mode for the map, could set the shiny mode in options before to start the match (like Machinina mode).
>
> This should make the spartan cool, with the right light and shadows, and for pro players nothing changes (since they play for ranked games).
> Tell me what you think about it.
> Have a good day.

Yes they looked better in the beta more gritty and then people complained and they made them shiny. Same thing happened to halo 3 multiplayer back in the day, the beta Spartans looked more like the gritty style of halo 2 covered in scratches a dirt but when the game released they had made them all pristine and glowy for the same reason… I can’t see:(. Whatever mate the only game to have a gritty multiplayer spartan design since halo 2 is reach so don’t expect to see change anytime soon.

Shadows and lighting do not affect spartan appearence so you can’t hide in the corners very well.

> 2533274976607648;3:
> Shadows and lighting do not affect spartan appearence so you can’t hide in the corners very well.

Yes. I imagined this was one of the reasons. You (pro players) have rules in eSports, and i guess this “shiny mode” will help you with whatever you do in the game.
But still, what i’m talking / and asking / is if it’s possible to take off this “shiny mode” in social playlist, or at least give the decision to whoever wants to host a map.
It won’t affect rank playlist, so it shouldn’t be a problem to anyone.

No?

I just played a bit and this shiny mode is annoying.
It’s like if Spartans are…i don’t know. Toys? Unreal?