Spartan-V/Spartan-II vs Spartan-IV

When halo 5 comes out will they be adding spartan-Vs or just sticking withs IVs?

> 2533274961317993;1:
> When halo 5 comes out will they be adding spartan-Vs or just sticking withs IVs?

I think they’ll probably stick with 4’s.

Spartan-V’s, grouchy old men waving BR canes at each other.

Spartan V’s might be just be the new Spartan armour with the Spartan abilities.

From reading the Kilo-Five trilogy (why’d I do that to myself?) I read that Spartan-IV’s were the “culmination” of the Spartan Program.

Spartan-IV are not the best Spartans they have the best armor but the spartan-II are the strongest maby in halo 5 they will restart the spartan-II program.

> 2533274961317993;6:
> Spartan-IV are not the best Spartans they have the best armor but the spartan-II are the strongest maby in halo 5 they will restart the spartan-II program.

Frankie O’Connor has stated that S-IVs are superior to S-IIs, even going as far as to say that a IV would best a II in hand-to-hand combat (albeit likely due to the more advanced armor and augmentations).

As for re-initiating the Spartan-II Program, it’s highly unlikely. Everyone views Halsey as a monster for her actions involved with it, and the amount of time needed to acquire and train 6-year-olds into supersoldiers (considering the child abductions are no longer considered sanctioned by ONI and, genetically speaking, not just anyone can be a Spartan).

> 2535440283237581;7:
> > 2533274961317993;6:
> > Spartan-IV are not the best Spartans they have the best armor but the spartan-II are the strongest maby in halo 5 they will restart the spartan-II program.
>
>
> Frankie O’Connor has stated that S-IVs are superior to S-IIs, even going as far as to say that a IV would best a II in hand-to-hand combat (albeit likely due to the more advanced armor and augmentations).

Get the hell out of here. You are not going to tell me these dude-bros that are constantly messing up are better than IIs.

> 2533274915926813;8:
> > 2535440283237581;7:
> > > 2533274961317993;6:
> > > Spartan-IV are not the best Spartans they have the best armor but the spartan-II are the strongest maby in halo 5 they will restart the spartan-II program.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Frankie O’Connor has stated that S-IVs are superior to S-IIs, even going as far as to say that a IV would best a II in hand-to-hand combat (albeit likely due to the more advanced armor and augmentations).
>
>
>
> Get the hell out of here. You are not going to tell me these dude-bros that are constantly messing up are better than IIs.

I didn’t tell you that. I told you that Halo’s Franchise Director told you that :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, what’s wrong with supersoldiers that aren’t socially awkward e.g. skilled volunteers that show humanity? How are these newer Spartans “constantly messing up”?

Screw the S 4s, a S 2 could easily take down multiple S 4s. 2s ftw!

Take note that Spartan IV’s aren’t just some cannon fodder. They are elite soldiers given elite armor. They’re the best of the best. Sure, the ones we have seen have been portrayed in a “I don’t care” way, but it wasn’t during a time of war. Blue Team was Spartan II’s, but now they’re Spartan IV’s.
So I hope to see the new Spartans expanded with deeper emotions.

> 2533274877056440;11:
> Take note that Spartan IV’s aren’t just some cannon fodder. They are elite soldiers given elite armor. They’re the best of the best. Sure, the ones we have seen have been portrayed in a “I don’t care” way, but it wasn’t during a time of war. Blue Team was Spartan II’s, but now they’re Spartan IV’s.
> So I hope to see the new Spartans expanded with deeper emotions.

The spartan II’s aren’t spartan IV’s now. Blue Team and Gray Team are still independent of the spartan IV program and are a part of navspecwar and ONI. The III’s were given the choice between staying with the II’s or being integrated into the spartan IV program.

> 2535440283237581;9:
> > 2533274915926813;8:
> > > 2535440283237581;7:
> > > > 2533274961317993;6:
> > > > Spartan-IV are not the best Spartans they have the best armor but the spartan-II are the strongest maby in halo 5 they will restart the spartan-II program.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Frankie O’Connor has stated that S-IVs are superior to S-IIs, even going as far as to say that a IV would best a II in hand-to-hand combat (albeit likely due to the more advanced armor and augmentations).
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Get the hell out of here. You are not going to tell me these dude-bros that are constantly messing up are better than IIs.
>
>
>
>
> I didn’t tell you that. I told you that Halo’s Franchise Director told you that :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Also, what’s wrong with supersoldiers that aren’t socially awkward e.g. skilled volunteers that show humanity? How are these newer Spartans “constantly messing up”?

In the books the spartan II’s and III’s show plenty of humanity. They are also normal in the company of fellow spartans. They even joke about each other. Kurt was especially sociable. He was even friends with the drill instructors. Jerome was friends with John Forge. Only the ONI interrogator described them as having difficulty socializing. They prefered to stay with their own, but had no issues interacting with fellow soldiers.

Regarding how the IV’s are messing up, I’ll just copy something I wrote earlier.

I don’t hate the spartan IV’s, I just feel like most of them are poorly disciplined. Like Hoya when he broke rank and almost got killed. He not only endangered himself, but the entire fireteam. We also have Demarco and Madsen, who thought it would be a good idea to make a move on the first girl they saw. Palmer having severe rage issues, insulting non-spartans/scientists and staging competions at the risk of the other spartans. That being said, the spartan IV’s are definitely giving me a better impression in Halo: Escalation though. Palmer got better writing, they all seem more professional and i think Thorne and Ray are likeable characters.

Most of the hate is simply due to them being named spartans, which makes it natural to compare them to the II’s and III’s, many aren’t even aware of the I’s.

Also, do you have a source regarding Frankie’s statement? I fail to see how someone that was trained to be a soldier from an early age and have fought for more than 30 years could be worse. The spartan II’s are also being issued the newer armors. Naomi-010 is using the MK VII whilst the IV’s are using the Gen 2.

> 2533274915926813;8:
> > 2535440283237581;7:
> > > 2533274961317993;6:
> > > Spartan-IV are not the best Spartans they have the best armor but the spartan-II are the strongest maby in halo 5 they will restart the spartan-II program.
> >
> >
> >
> > Frankie O’Connor has stated that S-IVs are superior to S-IIs, even going as far as to say that a IV would best a II in hand-to-hand combat (albeit likely due to the more advanced armor and augmentations).
>
>
> Get the hell out of here. You are not going to tell me these dude-bros that are constantly messing up are better than IIs.

well the spartan II’s had a lot of problem. One being able to sort good and bad out. several accounts have been state with spartan II’s a mission vs. saving citizens. and also the clones only lasting a few weeks after the swap. sometimes the spartans II’s would go back home just to see that the clone is there, and kill the clone in cold blood just for being it(those are the once that snap) Most of my information here comes from the Halo Legacy and books

I’ve wondered how long it would take before someone brought this topic up! :3

I think they’re Spartan IVs, only because they look just like Spartans in Halo 4 and I doubt 343 would forget about Spartan IVs after just one game; both valid points I guess.

> 2533274868062286;14:
> > 2533274915926813;8:
> > > > Spartan-IV are not the best Spartans they have the best armor but the spartan-II are the strongest maby in halo 5 they will restart the spartan-II program.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Frankie O’Connor has stated that S-IVs are superior to S-IIs, even going as far as to say that a IV would best a II in hand-to-hand combat (albeit likely due to the more advanced armor and augmentations).
> >
> >
> >
> > Get the hell out of here. You are not going to tell me these dude-bros that are constantly messing up are better than IIs.
>
>
> well the spartan II’s had a lot of problem. One being able to sort good and bad out. several accounts have been state with spartan II’s a mission vs. saving citizens. and also the clones only lasting a few weeks after the swap. sometimes the spartans II’s would go back home just to see that the clone is there, and kill the clone in cold blood just for being it(those are the once that snap) Most of my information here comes from the Halo Legacy and books

If you are referring to Halo: Legends, the clones weren’t killed in cold blood. Daisy didn’t kill her clone and Ralph killed his because of the clone being severly ill and he felt sorry for it.

> 2533274868062286;14:
> > 2533274915926813;8:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> well the spartan II’s had a lot of problem. One being able to sort good and bad out. several accounts have been state with spartan II’s a mission vs. saving citizens. and also the clones only lasting a few weeks after the swap. sometimes the spartans II’s would go back home just to see that the clone is there, and kill the clone in cold blood just for being it(those are the once that snap) Most of my information here comes from the Halo Legacy and books

No.
S-II don’t sometimes go to their clones to kill them. It happened once, and it wasn’t planned and caused a psychological breakdown to the candidate, that was still very young. Also, he wasn’t a Spartan yet, and never became.
Never said they weren’t able to sort out bad and good.
spartan completed their mission, once chief noted as this had required the death of (insurrectionist) civilians, but that’s a problem for the command that planned the mission and gave the orders.

And when did frank say that S-IV are more powerful? Please post the exact quote and not your interpretation. In the halo universe section we discuss a lot on this and most believe the S-II are overall better, this is what the halo canon suggests.

> 2533274858646258;15:
> I’ve wondered how long it would take before someone brought this topic up! :3
>
> I think they’re Spartan IVs, only because they look just like Spartans in Halo 4 and I doubt 343 would forget about Spartan IVs after just one game; both valid points I guess.

Indeed. All the other spartan programs has served a purpose. The spartan I’s were normal marines just given augmentations and an attempt to avoid the use of mjolnir armor. The II’s were children trained to be soldiers, given augmentations and mjonir armor. The III’s were supposed to be a cheaper and expendable version of the II’s. They weren’t issued mjolnir either, but were given SPI armor instead (with the exception of Noble Team). They also tried to avoid some of the morale issues by only accepting children that were orphans and voulunteered. The IV’s are the culminations of all the other spartan projects without the morale implications. I don’t see how a spartan V program would be necessary or different enough to justify it.

The only good thing about the 4’s that I’m aware of is the fact that they’re cheaper to produce than 2’s. I guess quantity over quality is the new motto of the Spartan Program…

> 2535440283237581;9:
> > 2533274915926813;8:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> I didn’t tell you that. I told you that Halo’s Franchise Director told you that :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Also, what’s wrong with supersoldiers that aren’t socially awkward e.g. skilled volunteers that show humanity? How are these newer Spartans “constantly messing up”?

thorn was bested by a few elites, chief never would have been.