Spartan V.S Elite

Who would have the odds in a hand to hand combat fight, an Elite or Spartan? Explain your opinion.

Depends on the person fighting, but it would be Elites due that they are raised and have more experience at fighting then Spartans.

I thought the equivalent to a Spartan was an Elite Major Domo (Red Elite). Or is that just for Spartan IIs?

> 2533274812438213;3:
> I thought the equivalent to a Spartan was an Elite Major Domo (Red Elite). Or is that just for Spartan IIs?

Not sure buddy.

Spartan.
Plot armor.

I feel as spartan 2s and spartan 3 with mjolnir armor would have a better chance then the spartan 4s cause of experience. But even 4s, the armor is so powerful I don’t think it would matter. Unless you arr talking no armor.

The spartans have a clear advantage, however it all comes down to the individual fighters and what they are equipped with.

Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.

> 2533274974597111;8:
> Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.

Yet we have moments like in Hunters in the Dark where the Sangheili warriors were clearly out preforming the Spartans. Like in the duel. An elite fighting causally nearly beats a Spartan taking the fight seriously.

We also have to note that MC “The Best Spartan” lost to Thel Lodamee in The Package in a sword duel and Fal is without a doubt far more lethal on the battlefield than any Spartan could ever hope.

He literally killed 3 hunters the size of buildings and a supporting army with vehicles with just his swords.

> 2535454215292573;9:
> > 2533274974597111;8:
> > Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.
>
> Yet we have moments like in Hunters in the dark where the Sangheili warriors were clearly out preforming the Spartans. Like in the duel. An elite fighting causally nearly beats a Spartan taking the fight seriously.
>
> We also have to note that MC “The Best Spartan” lost to Thel Lodamee in The Package in a sword duel and Fal is without a doubt far more lethal on the battlefield than any Spartan could ever hope.
>
> He literally killed 3 hunters the size of buildings and a supporting army with vehicles with just his swords.

Spartan-IVs were in Hunters in the Dark, they aren’t on par with IIs or IIIs because they don’t have as extensive augmentations nor where they trained for most of their lives. And that Spartan-IV was using an alien weapon that he had never trained with as extensively as an Elite. It’s not an even comparison.

And please, Master Chief isn’t the best Spartan in every situation. You can’t use him as a metric to judge every other Spartan when there are other Spartans clearly better at close quarters combat than he is. And you’re providing no actual source for your claim about Fel.

> 2533274974597111;10:
> > 2535454215292573;9:
> > > 2533274974597111;8:
> > > Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.
> >
> > Yet we have moments like in Hunters in the dark where the Sangheili warriors were clearly out preforming the Spartans. Like in the duel. An elite fighting causally nearly beats a Spartan taking the fight seriously.
> >
> > We also have to note that MC “The Best Spartan” lost to Thel Lodamee in The Package in a sword duel and Fal is without a doubt far more lethal on the battlefield than any Spartan could ever hope.
> >
> > He literally killed 3 hunters the size of buildings and a supporting army with vehicles with just his swords.
>
> Spartan-IVs were in Hunters in the Dark, they aren’t on par with IIs or IIIs because they don’t have as extensive augmentations nor where they trained for most of their lives. And that Spartan-IV was using an alien weapon that he had never trained with as extensively as an Elite. It’s not an even comparison.
>
> And please, Master Chief isn’t the best Spartan in every situation. You can’t use him as a metric to judge every other Spartan when there are other Spartans clearly better at close quarters combat than he is. And you’re providing no actual source for your claim about Fel.

It has been confirmed by 343i that Spartan IV’s with gen II are directly on par with Spartan II’s in Gen 1. It’s the entire reason why Osiris was sent after Blue because on paper they are equally powerful.

All Spartans old and new trained with Covenant weapons. This is to explain how you know how to operate their stuff in game. It also explains how Majestic just loot Gek’s body and users his equipment with extreme ease and how Demarco used a covenant AA tower. To my knowledge this training has now become standard with all UNSC forces science the fall of the Covenant.

To the MC section, that’s literally why I put it in air quotes over the comment. Also, it seems to me like you have a clear bias for the old gens of Spartans and against elites. I don’t think your opinions are all to welcome here if they’re going to be skewed like that.

Also about Fal. There is literal video evidence of him killing an entire Covenant army with just his swords. It’s one of the tales in Halo Legends.

> 2535454215292573;11:
> > 2533274974597111;10:
> > > 2535454215292573;9:
> > > > 2533274974597111;8:
> > > > Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.
> > >
> > > Yet we have moments like in Hunters in the dark where the Sangheili warriors were clearly out preforming the Spartans. Like in the duel. An elite fighting causally nearly beats a Spartan taking the fight seriously.
> > >
> > > We also have to note that MC “The Best Spartan” lost to Thel Lodamee in The Package in a sword duel and Fal is without a doubt far more lethal on the battlefield than any Spartan could ever hope.
> > >
> > > He literally killed 3 hunters the size of buildings and a supporting army with vehicles with just his swords.
> >
> > Spartan-IVs were in Hunters in the Dark, they aren’t on par with IIs or IIIs because they don’t have as extensive augmentations nor where they trained for most of their lives. And that Spartan-IV was using an alien weapon that he had never trained with as extensively as an Elite. It’s not an even comparison.
> >
> > And please, Master Chief isn’t the best Spartan in every situation. You can’t use him as a metric to judge every other Spartan when there are other Spartans clearly better at close quarters combat than he is. And you’re providing no actual source for your claim about Fel.
>
> It has been confirmed by 343i that Spartan IV’s with gen II are directly on par with Spartan II’s in Gen 1. It’s the entire reason why Osiris was sent after Blue because on paper they are equally powerful.
>
> All Spartans old and new trained with Covenant weapons. This is to explain how you know how to operate their stuff in game. It also explains how Majestic just loot Gek’s body and users his equipment with extreme ease and how Demarco used a covenant AA tower. To my knowledge this training has now become standard with all UNSC forces science the fall of the Covenant.
>
> To the MC section, that’s literally why I put it in air quotes over the comment. Also, it seems to me like you have a clear bias for the old gens of Spartans and against elites. I don’t think your opinions are all to welcome here if they’re going to be skewed like that.
>
> Also about Fal. There is literal video evidence of him killing an entire Covenant army with just his swords. It’s one of the tales in Halo Legends.

They are on par in terms of potential. But the IIs and IIIs are still going to be better because they have higher quality and more training than the IVs. And just because they learn how to use Covenant weapons doesn’t mean that they’re going to excel with them. Of course a Spartan-IV who randomly picks up an energy sword is going to lose to a seasoned Elite warrior in an energy sword duel because, news flash, Elites train with energy swords as one of their main weapons. And Halo Legends should hardly be considered a definite source, every fight in it is so over exaggerated and should be taken as a grain of salt. And even if Fel was that good- he’s dead and was an outlier, he doesn’t represent the average Elite skill in hand to hand combat. Also- duel =/= hand to hand combat. Hand to hand combat implies no weapons.

“Also, it seems to me like you have a clear bias for the old gens of Spartans and against elites. I don’t think your opinions are all to welcome here if they’re going to be skewed like that.” I can voice my opinions if I want, you can piss off if you think you can tell me whats allowed on here and whats not allowed on here because you don’t like my opinion. And on that note- I never said anything biased. You seem to have a biased for Elites because you’re not realizing the obvious advantage that Elites had in the situations you pointed out.

> 2533274974597111;12:
> > 2535454215292573;11:
> > > 2533274974597111;10:
> > > > 2535454215292573;9:
> > > > > 2533274974597111;8:
> > > > > Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.
> > > >
> > > > Yet we have moments like in Hunters in the dark where the Sangheili warriors were clearly out preforming the Spartans. Like in the duel. An elite fighting causally nearly beats a Spartan taking the fight seriously.
> > > >
> > > > We also have to note that MC “The Best Spartan” lost to Thel Lodamee in The Package in a sword duel and Fal is without a doubt far more lethal on the battlefield than any Spartan could ever hope.
> > > >
> > > > He literally killed 3 hunters the size of buildings and a supporting army with vehicles with just his swords.
> > >
> > > Spartan-IVs were in Hunters in the Dark, they aren’t on par with IIs or IIIs because they don’t have as extensive augmentations nor where they trained for most of their lives. And that Spartan-IV was using an alien weapon that he had never trained with as extensively as an Elite. It’s not an even comparison.
> > >
> > > And please, Master Chief isn’t the best Spartan in every situation. You can’t use him as a metric to judge every other Spartan when there are other Spartans clearly better at close quarters combat than he is. And you’re providing no actual source for your claim about Fel.
> >
> > It has been confirmed by 343i that Spartan IV’s with gen II are directly on par with Spartan II’s in Gen 1. It’s the entire reason why Osiris was sent after Blue because on paper they are equally powerful.
> >
> > All Spartans old and new trained with Covenant weapons. This is to explain how you know how to operate their stuff in game. It also explains how Majestic just loot Gek’s body and users his equipment with extreme ease and how Demarco used a covenant AA tower. To my knowledge this training has now become standard with all UNSC forces science the fall of the Covenant.
> >
> > To the MC section, that’s literally why I put it in air quotes over the comment. Also, it seems to me like you have a clear bias for the old gens of Spartans and against elites. I don’t think your opinions are all to welcome here if they’re going to be skewed like that.
> >
> > Also about Fal. There is literal video evidence of him killing an entire Covenant army with just his swords. It’s one of the tales in Halo Legends.
>
> They are on par in terms of potential. But the IIs and IIIs are still going to be better because they have higher quality and more training than the IVs. And just because they learn how to use Covenant weapons doesn’t mean that they’re going to excel with them. Of course a Spartan-IV who randomly picks up an energy sword is going to lose to a seasoned Elite warrior in an energy sword duel because, news flash, Elites train with energy swords as one of their main weapons. And Halo Legends should hardly be considered a definite source, every fight in it is so over exaggerated and should be taken as a grain of salt. And even if Fel was that good- he’s dead and was an outlier, he doesn’t represent the average Elite skill in hand to hand combat. Also- duel =/= hand to hand combat. Hand to hand combat implies no weapons.
>
> “Also, it seems to me like you have a clear bias for the old gens of Spartans and against elites. I don’t think your opinions are all to welcome here if they’re going to be skewed like that.” I can voice my opinions if I want, you can piss off if you think you can tell me whats allowed on here and whats not allowed on here because you don’t like my opinion. And on that note- I never said anything biased. You seem to have a biased for Elites because you’re not realizing the obvious advantage that Elites had in the situations you pointed out.

I have to agree with the other guy on this, it kind of seems like he backed you into a corner and you’re just saying whatever to disprove him.

Example, the other guy was clearly just pointing out example of how the plot shifts sort of like the otehr guys comment of plot armor but you’ve taken it to a whole new level. I think it might just come from you viewing his perspective as that of the enemy so you instantly demonize him. A small example is how he just says that you might have a biased opinion and that it isn’t a good thing to have and you tell him to piss off.

Maybe it’s just me but it seems like you’re coming off a little too hard here.

Also in the talk of CQC the exact parameters aren’t exactly set. Example, is it air that Spartan get’s to wear armor that jumps their strength speed and durability up to crazy levels? If so what kind of armor does the elite get to wear?

Just pointing out skill difference shouldn’t be met with hostility.

Spartan IV vs. Elite: Elite
Spartan III vs. Elite: Maybe Spartan
Spartan II vs. Elite: Spartan
Buck vs. Elite though, definitely going for Buck.

> 2535450892500842;13:
> > 2533274974597111;12:
> > > 2535454215292573;11:
> > > > 2533274974597111;10:
> > > > > 2535454215292573;9:
> > > > > > 2533274974597111;8:
> > > > > > Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yet we have moments like in Hunters in the dark where the Sangheili warriors were clearly out preforming the Spartans. Like in the duel. An elite fighting causally nearly beats a Spartan taking the fight seriously.
> > > > >
> > > > > We also have to note that MC “The Best Spartan” lost to Thel Lodamee in The Package in a sword duel and Fal is without a doubt far more lethal on the battlefield than any Spartan could ever hope.
> > > > >
> > > > > He literally killed 3 hunters the size of buildings and a supporting army with vehicles with just his swords.
> > > >
> > > > Spartan-IVs were in Hunters in the Dark, they aren’t on par with IIs or IIIs because they don’t have as extensive augmentations nor where they trained for most of their lives. And that Spartan-IV was using an alien weapon that he had never trained with as extensively as an Elite. It’s not an even comparison.
> > > >
> > > > And please, Master Chief isn’t the best Spartan in every situation. You can’t use him as a metric to judge every other Spartan when there are other Spartans clearly better at close quarters combat than he is. And you’re providing no actual source for your claim about Fel.
>
> I have to agree with the other guy on this, it kind of seems like he backed you into a corner and you’re just saying whatever to disprove him.
>
> Example, the other guy was clearly just pointing out example of how the plot shifts sort of like the otehr guys comment of plot armor but you’ve taken it to a whole new level. I think it might just come from you viewing his perspective as that of the enemy so you instantly demonize him. A small example is how he just says that you might have a biased opinion and that it isn’t a good thing to have and you tell him to piss off.
>
> Maybe it’s just me but it seems like you’re coming off a little too hard here.
>
> Also in the talk of CQC the exact parameters aren’t exactly set. Example, is it air that Spartan get’s to wear armor that jumps their strength speed and durability up to crazy levels? If so what kind of armor does the elite get to wear?
>
> Just pointing out skill difference shouldn’t be met with hostility.

How are my points not valid? When Spartan Kodiak spars the Elite in Hunters in the Dark he’s fighting the Elite with a weapon the Elite is obviously going to be better at using. How does that mean that Elites are better in hand to hand combat? It means that they’re better at energy sword dueling, not all types of hand to hand combat. And my point on the hand to hand combat means no handheld weapons, so it would be and Elite with his armor and a Spartan with their armor. I don’t see his opinion as hostile I’m stating my opinion and giving actual evidence. He wasn’t acknowledging that there would be performance difference between the different generations of Spartans, when it’s been shown maaany times in Halo media that there are differences between how they would perform against an Elite.

Like I said earlier in Ghosts of Onyx, Alpha and Beta companies destroyed Elites and other Covenant in hand to hand combat with SPI armor. That should mean that the IIs and IVs should do just as well on average.

> 2533274974597111;15:
> > 2535450892500842;13:
> > > 2533274974597111;12:
> > > > 2535454215292573;11:
> > > > > 2533274974597111;10:
> > > > > > 2535454215292573;9:
> > > > > > > 2533274974597111;8:
> > > > > > > Well it all depends on the variables. But generally from what we’ve seen in the canon, Spartans will win most of the time. For example I’ll bring up the Spartan-IIIs. In Ghosts of Onyx Alpha and Beta companies were shown to be absolutely destroying Elites, Jackals and Grunts all at close range, all with SPI armor. There’s also a part from Knight Takes Bishop where a Spartan-III, again with MJOLNIR, manages to kill several Elites in close quarters combat in only SPI armor. Since SPI armor doesn’t enhance the users abilities nearly as much as MJOLNIR I’d say it’s safe to say that Spartan-IIs could do the same.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yet we have moments like in Hunters in the dark where the Sangheili warriors were clearly out preforming the Spartans. Like in the duel. An elite fighting causally nearly beats a Spartan taking the fight seriously.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We also have to note that MC “The Best Spartan” lost to Thel Lodamee in The Package in a sword duel and Fal is without a doubt far more lethal on the battlefield than any Spartan could ever hope.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > He literally killed 3 hunters the size of buildings and a supporting army with vehicles with just his swords.
> > > > >
> > > > > Spartan-IVs were in Hunters in the Dark, they aren’t on par with IIs or IIIs because they don’t have as extensive augmentations nor where they trained for most of their lives. And that Spartan-IV was using an alien weapon that he had never trained with as extensively as an Elite. It’s not an even comparison.
> > > > >
> > > > > And please, Master Chief isn’t the best Spartan in every situation. You can’t use him as a metric to judge every other Spartan when there are other Spartans clearly better at close quarters combat than he is. And you’re providing no actual source for your claim about Fel.
> >
> > I have to agree with the other guy on this, it kind of seems like he backed you into a corner and you’re just saying whatever to disprove him.
> >
> > Example, the other guy was clearly just pointing out example of how the plot shifts sort of like the otehr guys comment of plot armor but you’ve taken it to a whole new level. I think it might just come from you viewing his perspective as that of the enemy so you instantly demonize him. A small example is how he just says that you might have a biased opinion and that it isn’t a good thing to have and you tell him to piss off.
> >
> > Maybe it’s just me but it seems like you’re coming off a little too hard here.
> >
> > Also in the talk of CQC the exact parameters aren’t exactly set. Example, is it air that Spartan get’s to wear armor that jumps their strength speed and durability up to crazy levels? If so what kind of armor does the elite get to wear?
> >
> > Just pointing out skill difference shouldn’t be met with hostility.
>
> How are my points not valid? When Spartan Kodiak spars the Elite in Hunters in the Dark he’s fighting the Elite with a weapon the Elite is obviously going to be better at using. How does that mean that Elites are better in hand to hand combat? It means that they’re better at energy sword dueling, not all types of hand to hand combat. And my point on the hand to hand combat means no handheld weapons, so it would be and Elite with his armor and a Spartan with their armor. I don’t see his opinion as hostile I’m stating my opinion and giving actual evidence. He wasn’t acknowledging that there would be performance difference between the different generations of Spartans, when it’s been shown maaany times in Halo media that there are differences between how they would perform against an Elite.
>
> Like I said earlier in Ghosts of Onyx, Alpha and Beta companies destroyed Elites and other Covenant in hand to hand combat with SPI armor. That should mean that the IIs and IVs should do just as well on average.

Okay, not to be mean or anything but my dog is acting super crazy so sorry for the lack of replies I’m not ignoring or, I just wanted to clear that up. I’ll try t get back to you after wards, have a good one later.

> 2533274863544170;14:
> Spartan IV vs. Elite: Elite
> Spartan III vs. Elite: Maybe Spartan
> Spartan II vs. Elite: Spartan
> Buck vs. Elite though, definitely going for Buck.

Spartan-IIIs were shown to overtake and actively cause Covenant forces to retreat when dealt with toe-to-toe. They are incredibly nimble and deadly fighters. Even with their weaker SPI armor they wrought havoc.

I don’t know why you have Buck excluded from the Spartan-IVs. He’s a Spartan-IV, so if you believe he can definitely overtake an Elite, that feat counts towards the S-IVs.

Is the Spartan armored? If he/she is wearing MJOLNIR, the Spartan has a pretty good chance of coming out on top. If not, the Sangheili is probably going to win in hand-to-hand.

> 2533274851065491;17:
> > 2533274863544170;14:
> > Spartan IV vs. Elite: Elite
> > Spartan III vs. Elite: Maybe Spartan
> > Spartan II vs. Elite: Spartan
> > Buck vs. Elite though, definitely going for Buck.
>
> Spartan-IIIs were shown to overtake and actively cause Covenant forces to retreat when dealt with toe-to-toe. They are incredibly nimble and deadly fighters. Even with their weaker SPI armor they wrought havoc.
>
> I don’t know why you have Buck excluded from the Spartan-IVs. He’s a Spartan-IV, so if you believe he can definitely overtake an Elite, that feat counts towards the S-IVs.

The Buck part was meant more as a joke. But he is my favorite character, well at least one of them.

> 2533274812438213;3:
> I thought the equivalent to a Spartan was an Elite Major Domo (Red Elite). Or is that just for Spartan IIs?

what do you mean?