Spartan V program

So i was day dreaming about Halo as usual and i got thinking if they were to do another program they should go back to the old ways and use children, but ask permission from the public. like SIII with orphaned children, but have permission this time lol. Or willing parents to give up there children for the greater good. Do you have thoughts or ideas? let me know.

That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.

You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.

> 2533274875328566;3:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
>
> You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.

You can make more S-IVs and in a way that isn’t ethnically or morally debatable. They may never be as effective as the S-IIs were, but they do the job and using kids against isn’t a garuntee any S-Vs would be just like the S-IIs.

> 2533274875328566;3:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
>
> You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.

Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.

Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.

> 2535437652903765;5:
> > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> >
> > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
>
> Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
>
> Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.

Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?

> 2533274875328566;6:
> > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > >
> > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> >
> > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> >
> > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
>
> Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?

Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.

> 2535437652903765;7:
> > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > >
> > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > >
> > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > >
> > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> >
> > Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?
>
> Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.

I honestly don’t see them. Military indoctrination as a kid would give you better reflexes and instinct. Adults have way to much other crap going on in there heads.

> 2533274875328566;8:
> > 2535437652903765;7:
> > > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > > >
> > > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > > >
> > > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > > >
> > > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> > >
> > > Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?
> >
> > Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.
>
> I honestly don’t see them. Military indoctrination as a kid would give you better reflexes and instinct. Adults have way to much other crap going on in there heads.

Maybe, but there’s a human aspect to the Spartan-IVs that would be missing if we used brainwashed children. With the Spartan-IVs, they can easily interact with those under their command or their protection, and would be better able to communicate with them. If we were using brainwashed child soldiers, they’d largely have stoic troops that can’t be related to, which I’m pretty sure is a fairly important aspect. Thinking tactically is important, but look at Cpt. Cutter, Adm. Hood, and even Cpt. Lasky. They are able to rally their troops effectively because of the way they act, the way they speak, which is something that would be missing if we had borderline machines for soldiers.

We haven’t seen many (if any) Spartan-IVs that exhibit these qualities, but if they did, it might be better than having a calculating, introverted supersoldier.

> 2533274875328566;6:
> > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > >
> > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> >
> > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> >
> > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
>
> Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?

Maybe not. But how many Spartan II fireteams were successfully made, or are still around? How many Spartan IV fireteams are around? When you look at the program’s ability to produce Spartans in higher numbers, the Spartan IV program is more effective. Think of it like this: Spartan IIs represent a very small percentage getting a very big power boost (let’s call it 1% of people get 10x stronger). Spartan IV program sees a much larger group of people get a not as big but still major power boost (let’s say 10% of people get 5x stronger). The numbers are in Spartan IV’s favor, and realistically speaking, quantity matters. A single Spartan II outclasses a single Spartan IV, sure, but war is never about a single soldier. Chief didn’t win the Human-Covenant War by himself.

> 2533274817408735;10:
> > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > >
> > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > >
> > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > >
> > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> >
>
> Maybe not. But how many Spartan II fireteams were successfully made, or are still around? How many Spartan IV fireteams are around? When you look at the program’s ability to produce Spartans in higher numbers, the Spartan IV program is more effective. Think of it like this: Spartan IIs represent a very small percentage getting a very big power boost (let’s call it 1% of people get 10x stronger). Spartan IV program sees a much larger group of people get a not as big but still major power boost (let’s say 10% of people get 5x stronger). The numbers are in Spartan IV’s favor, and realistically speaking, quantity matters. A single Spartan II outclasses a single Spartan IV, sure, but war is never about a single soldier. Chief didn’t win the Human-Covenant War by himself.

And remember that a large number of the children in the SII program “washed out” - died before completion, Generally I agree that I prefer Blue Team, but I mean there are definitely good SIIIs and SIVs

> 2533274875328566;8:
> > 2535437652903765;7:
> > > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > > >
> > > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > > >
> > > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > > >
> > > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> > >
> >
> > Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.
>
> I honestly don’t see them. Military indoctrination as a kid would give you better reflexes and instinct. Adults have way to much other crap going on in there heads.

No. Subtle indoctrination through public medium is one thing, a forced military life since the initial stages of cognizance and moral development will lead to a lot of morale, social, and health problems in the long-term (and that’s not accounting for the impact the public will have when they oppose everyone in support of such a heinous proposal or just simply kill them out of perceiving a threat - you’ll see a full blown rebellion from the local populace and military alike), all of which will immediately offset short-term gains (in essence, a mere boost if considering attritional warfare).

Any form of publication for state-sponsored child soldier-programs, whether consensual or not, is asking for civil disorder and a state sponsored coup d’etat.

So no, “military indoctrination” in youths isn’t “beneficial” (you could argue for something akin to a JROTC/ROTC program, but that’s strictly for high-school youths and college students) or socially acceptable, especially when it comes at the cost of breeding resentment within the greater populace.

I think the Spartans are too widely known among the public. They wouldn’t be able to sneak it through like they did with the Spartan II program.

I don’t see that happening with as sensitive of a society as humanity is . Especially after the SII program went public. Humanity is guided too much by an idiotic mindset of something we call ‘morality’.

It doesn’t even make sense to continue the program’s name into this fourth generation. They aren’t Spartans. Good warriors , but not Spartans

> 2535437652903765;9:
> > 2533274875328566;8:
> > > 2535437652903765;7:
> > > > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > > > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > > > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > > > >
> > > > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > > > >
> > > > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> > > >
> > > > Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?
> > >
> > > Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.
> >
> > I honestly don’t see them. Military indoctrination as a kid would give you better reflexes and instinct. Adults have way to much other crap going on in there heads.
>
> Maybe, but there’s a human aspect to the Spartan-IVs that would be missing if we used brainwashed children. With the Spartan-IVs, they can easily interact with those under their command or their protection, and would be better able to communicate with them. If we were using brainwashed child soldiers, they’d largely have stoic troops that can’t be related to, which I’m pretty sure is a fairly important aspect. Thinking tactically is important, but look at Cpt. Cutter, Adm. Hood, and even Cpt. Lasky. They are able to rally their troops effectively because of the way they act, the way they speak, which is something that would be missing if we had borderline machines for soldiers.
>
> We haven’t seen many (if any) Spartan-IVs that exhibit these qualities, but if they did, it might be better than having a calculating, introverted supersoldier.

Only argument i have against this is Master Chief rallied more troops and inspired more soldiers then any Officer.

> 2533274817408735;10:
> > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> Maybe not. But how many Spartan II fireteams were successfully made, or are still around? How many Spartan IV fireteams are around? When you look at the program’s ability to produce Spartans in higher numbers, the Spartan IV program is more effective. Think of it like this: Spartan IIs represent a very small percentage getting a very big power boost (let’s call it 1% of people get 10x stronger). Spartan IV program sees a much larger group of people get a not as big but still major power boost (let’s say 10% of people get 5x stronger). The numbers are in Spartan IV’s favor, and realistically speaking, quantity matters. A single Spartan II outclasses a single Spartan IV, sure, but war is never about a single soldier. Chief didn’t win the Human-Covenant War by himself.

Fair point, but the losses for the SII program were so big because Augmentation process was sketchy back then they have come a long way since then though.

> 2533274875328566;16:
> > 2533274817408735;10:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> > Maybe not. But how many Spartan II fireteams were successfully made, or are still around? How many Spartan IV fireteams are around? When you look at the program’s ability to produce Spartans in higher numbers, the Spartan IV program is more effective. Think of it like this: Spartan IIs represent a very small percentage getting a very big power boost (let’s call it 1% of people get 10x stronger). Spartan IV program sees a much larger group of people get a not as big but still major power boost (let’s say 10% of people get 5x stronger). The numbers are in Spartan IV’s favor, and realistically speaking, quantity matters. A single Spartan II outclasses a single Spartan IV, sure, but war is never about a single soldier. Chief didn’t win the Human-Covenant War by himself.
>
> Fair point, but the losses for the SII program were so big because Augmentation process was sketchy back then they have come a long way since then though.

Yeah. That “long way” culminates in the Spartan IV program.

> 2533274875328566;15:
> > 2535437652903765;9:
> > > 2533274875328566;8:
> > > > 2535437652903765;7:
> > > > > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > > > > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> > > > >
> > > > > Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?
> > > >
> > > > Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.
> > >
> > > I honestly don’t see them. Military indoctrination as a kid would give you better reflexes and instinct. Adults have way to much other crap going on in there heads.
> >
> > Maybe, but there’s a human aspect to the Spartan-IVs that would be missing if we used brainwashed children. With the Spartan-IVs, they can easily interact with those under their command or their protection, and would be better able to communicate with them. If we were using brainwashed child soldiers, they’d largely have stoic troops that can’t be related to, which I’m pretty sure is a fairly important aspect. Thinking tactically is important, but look at Cpt. Cutter, Adm. Hood, and even Cpt. Lasky. They are able to rally their troops effectively because of the way they act, the way they speak, which is something that would be missing if we had borderline machines for soldiers.
> >
> > We haven’t seen many (if any) Spartan-IVs that exhibit these qualities, but if they did, it might be better than having a calculating, introverted supersoldier.
>
> Only argument i have against this is Master Chief rallied more troops and inspired more soldiers then any Officer.

Only because he represented something more. During the Human-Covenant War, Spartans were seen as humanity’s last hope. Which meant that, to those soldiers, he was their savior. The appearance of a Spartan felt as if it were a gift from above. But without that image, of being what amounted to a superhero, would they have been inspired by him?

I’m thinking that’d be a no.

> 2535437652903765;18:
> > 2533274875328566;15:
> > > 2535437652903765;9:
> > > > 2533274875328566;8:
> > > > > 2535437652903765;7:
> > > > > > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > > > > > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > > > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?
> > > > >
> > > > > Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.
> > > >
> > > > I honestly don’t see them. Military indoctrination as a kid would give you better reflexes and instinct. Adults have way to much other crap going on in there heads.
> > >
> > > Maybe, but there’s a human aspect to the Spartan-IVs that would be missing if we used brainwashed children. With the Spartan-IVs, they can easily interact with those under their command or their protection, and would be better able to communicate with them. If we were using brainwashed child soldiers, they’d largely have stoic troops that can’t be related to, which I’m pretty sure is a fairly important aspect. Thinking tactically is important, but look at Cpt. Cutter, Adm. Hood, and even Cpt. Lasky. They are able to rally their troops effectively because of the way they act, the way they speak, which is something that would be missing if we had borderline machines for soldiers.
> > >
> > > We haven’t seen many (if any) Spartan-IVs that exhibit these qualities, but if they did, it might be better than having a calculating, introverted supersoldier.
> >
> > Only argument i have against this is Master Chief rallied more troops and inspired more soldiers then any Officer.
>
> Only because he represented something more. During the Human-Covenant War, Spartans were seen as humanity’s last hope. Which meant that, to those soldiers, he was their savior. The appearance of a Spartan felt as if it were a gift from above. But without that image, of being what amounted to a superhero, would they have been inspired by him?
>
> I’m thinking that’d be a no.

Lord Hood did offer Chief a spot as admiral. He may not have been as inspiring as some others, but Chief is the man with the plan no matter the situation . And not to mention that confidence ( or cockiness) that Chief literally oozes.

> 2533274916736578;19:
> > 2535437652903765;18:
> > > 2533274875328566;15:
> > > > 2535437652903765;9:
> > > > > 2533274875328566;8:
> > > > > > 2535437652903765;7:
> > > > > > > 2533274875328566;6:
> > > > > > > > 2535437652903765;5:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > > > > > > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > > > > > > > > That wouldn’t fly and those methods are highly unnecessary with the Spartan-IV Program using adults.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > You will never be able to replace SII with SIV. yes SIV are effective, but no where near as effective as SII.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Define “effective”. There is no evidence (as far as I can tell) to objectively state that Spartan-IIs are more effective than Spartan-IVs.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Also, the entire concept of this plan wouldn’t work out. Parents would likely never allow their children to be indoctrinated into the military and turned into weapons for fighting unknowable threats.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Do you think fireteam majestic could keep up with blue team?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Not as they are. Blue Team has been a fairly cohesive unit since the 2530s. Majestic (with the rest of the Spartan-IV program) hasn’t even existed for a third of the time that Blue Team has. Given enough time together, yes, I could see Majestic keeping pace with Blue. But not yet.
> > > > >
> > > > > I honestly don’t see them. Military indoctrination as a kid would give you better reflexes and instinct. Adults have way to much other crap going on in there heads.
> > > >
> > > > Maybe, but there’s a human aspect to the Spartan-IVs that would be missing if we used brainwashed children. With the Spartan-IVs, they can easily interact with those under their command or their protection, and would be better able to communicate with them. If we were using brainwashed child soldiers, they’d largely have stoic troops that can’t be related to, which I’m pretty sure is a fairly important aspect. Thinking tactically is important, but look at Cpt. Cutter, Adm. Hood, and even Cpt. Lasky. They are able to rally their troops effectively because of the way they act, the way they speak, which is something that would be missing if we had borderline machines for soldiers.
> > > >
> > > > We haven’t seen many (if any) Spartan-IVs that exhibit these qualities, but if they did, it might be better than having a calculating, introverted supersoldier.
> > >
> > > Only argument i have against this is Master Chief rallied more troops and inspired more soldiers then any Officer.
> >
> > Only because he represented something more. During the Human-Covenant War, Spartans were seen as humanity’s last hope. Which meant that, to those soldiers, he was their savior. The appearance of a Spartan felt as if it were a gift from above. But without that image, of being what amounted to a superhero, would they have been inspired by him?
> >
> > I’m thinking that’d be a no.
>
> Lord Hood did offer Chief a spot as admiral. He may not have been as inspiring as some others, but Chief is the man with the plan no matter the situation . And not to mention that confidence ( or cockiness) that Chief literally oozes.

True.

Just thought of another hole in this idea. What happens during times of peace? Troops that joined the military as adults frequently have problems reintegrating into the normal civilian population. Imagine what would happen to those that were basically bred for war. For those who know nothing but combat.

It just wouldn’t work.