Spartan Thorne prediction...

Hes going to play a major role in the next Halo…wouldnt be surprised if hes pretty much the main character. I have a feeling 343 is phasing out or “retiring” a lot of Bungie characters and using Spartan Ops as a foretelling of whats to come.

Thoughts? Anyone else have theories?

Maybe, to early to tell though we still have episodes 6-10 left so I guess we will find out then

i hope he dies.

Iv wondered the same. One thing he would he then is to keep talking with Kathern. I think he wants to know what being a spartan is really about

LOL I was about to say that, could go either way…if he dosnt die, he’ll take away some insight into the plot for the next game. Just got a hunch.

> Iv wondered the same. One thing he would he then is to keep talking with Kathern. I think he wants to know what being a spartan is really about

Exactly! When he was talking to Dr. Halsey and she commented that maybe some of the Spartan IV’s were closer to being Spartans than others is what made me think he might be an important character later.

Master chief will remain the focus for the next two halo games.
343i has stated this will be like a personal journey for master cheif, and it will get alot darker for him in the next game both the story and what they have in store for him.
Thorne may become a character like lasky or palmer with more prominence but they are gonna stick with the man(the Cheif) who gets the job done for now.

-add on
Think of Thorne more like Lasky, they had a whole webseries about him but that’s just cause he had a role in Halo 4 and so you can get to know him better. If they don’t kill him off he may have the same kind of role in halo 5 and spartan ops is his kind of version of Lasky’s webisodes.

Well thats good, I dont follow too much of what 343 actually releases. I guess I should though. When I did finally beat 4, I was unsure about what they had in store for chief. Thats good man, Chief needs to stick around!

> i hope he dies.

Why? Spartan Thorne is awesome.
And anyways, what the original poster said is probably true. Thorne is included as limited edition content, you get a blueprint with all his schematics and a briefing packet, so he probably won’t die that quickly. Also, they said the Arbiter might make a return in Spartan Ops. Spartan Ops probably is the bridge between Halo 4 and 5, because they wouldn’t put important characters in there if he wasn’t.

Thorne could possibly be getting phased in, his character is likeable.

Halo 5 co-op character maybe for the Chief to interact with, or to attract new players to the franchise.

Who knowsssss!!

Yeah, idk…I just figured Thorne was the most stand out and likeable compared to most of the arrogant Majestic Team flunkies

Grant seems pretty likeable too. its the other three that are a little arrogant

What would be great for the season finaly is Throne bumping into Cheif.

I dunno…

I’m skeptical of the way 343i is handling their new characters. They made a whole web series for Lasky, but I felt like he didn’t play a large enough role in Halo 4.

So, with that in mind, I’m confused and a bit worried as to how they’ll handle Thorne. He’s a character that could go through a lot of development.

> > Iv wondered the same. One thing he would he then is to keep talking with Kathern. I think he wants to know what being a spartan is really about
>
> Exactly! When he was talking to Dr. Halsey and she commented that maybe some of the Spartan IV’s were closer to being Spartans than others is what made me think he might be an important character later.

Actually when she said that, I thought she was talking about genetics more then character. Spartan II’s came from a specific gene pool even though some of them didn’t make augmentation. As the process got refined the wider the gene pool got to the point where specifications (as far as genes go) weren’t needed. Then came the Spartan-III’s, with some spartans being more unique then others probably because of there genes.

> I dunno…
>
> I’m skeptical of the way 343i is handling their new characters. They made a whole web series for Lasky, but I felt like he didn’t play a large enough role in Halo 4.
>
> So, with that in mind, I’m confused and a bit worried as to how they’ll handle Thorne. He’s a character that could go through a lot of development.

Idk, a part of me thinks that’s cause they rushed the storyline a bit, i think it was a little to fast paced. It’s understandable seeing how the last halo games kept it lean on character development. But he did stand by chief, gave him a shiny pelican when he needed it, and replaced the Del Rio and became the new captain of Infinity. If they had made the campaign longer so they didn’t have to throw information at you ever couple of minutes i think it would of worked better for character development and overall storytelling.

Kinda harsh don’t you think?

> i hope he dies.

lol. Harsh. He’s not that bad, is he?

He’s obviously an important character, but there’s no way they’d phase out the chief. That’s like replacing Mario with…well…they never replaced Mario. My point exactly!

I think Thorne will definitely play a major role in Halo 5, but he won’t be the MAIN character. That’s still going to be Master Chief. I’m sure nothing is set in stone with Halo 5 yet. They’re still tossing ideas around, nothing is decided yet. I saw someone else mention Thorne as possibly being a play-able character in co-op like Arbiter in Halo 3. I really like that idea. Spartan Ops is really cool, and it does seem like it’s bridging the gap between Halo 4 and 5.

I for one really hope to see the Arbiter make an appearance in the future. It would be cool to see him in Spartan Ops, but what I REALLY want is to see him play a major role in Halo 5/6. Of course he will likely be secondary to the Chief, which is fine, but I still want to see him play his part in the story

As Halo fans, of course we love the Chief, but a lot of us really enjoyed seeing the Universe expand with new media focusing on new characters. I love each member of Noble Team and their unique personalities. It was refreshing to see some other Spartans and how they contributed to humanity’s struggle for survival in the Human-Covenant war. But Microsoft loves to promote this image of Master Chief as a gaming icon like Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog. He has the most widespread marketing appeal, so naturally, now that Microsoft has more control over Halo content, there is renewed focus on Master Chief. I really like the story of Halo 4, and how they greatly developed the characters of Master Chief and Cortana, and the depth of their relationship. It was masterfully done. We saw 1,000x more emotion from Chief than we ever had, and it was great. I’m happy to see the focus on Master Chief continue, but I hope some other characters get more than just cameos in 5 and 6. I’m glad to see Dr. Halsey will play a role in future games, that’s definitely cool. I hope Arbiter shows up in more than just a cameo. I’m really excited to see how Thorne’s character develops. I think he could be great. They are really building him up to be a major character, and I think it will be really cool. Remember what he said about how he always thought the Spartan-IIs were “special.” Indeed they were, and he may have what made them special inside of himself. All in all, nothings perfect, I think the Halo Universe is in exceptionally good hands, and I can’t wait to see what happens next.