SPARTAN SWORDS !

YES SWORDS
So we have the Sangheili Energy Sword, which is AMAZiNG, I’m not here to complain… I just wanna know why there isn’t a Spartan Sword.
Seriously though, think about it, how awesome would it be to have a Katana, that you could choose to carry on your hip or back, with special kills & assassinations. Maybe even be able to equip it as a secondary in some game modes.
I was just thinking about how I wanted to see a return of my all time favorite armor, the Hayabusa armor :wink:
Got me thinking about swords.
What do you think…?

Approved

O the hayabusa best armour ever. Id imagine the reason is the elites still use them for battle where as humans have stoped using swords a long time so wouldnt make sense. Also i cant see a steel katana cutting through a spartens armour

omg go play destiny if you want swords

the knife was added from CoD BKs whining about it

now desticles want human swords…

Only races with melee weapons are Covenant and Brutes.

It’ll be cool to see one for humans and Prometheans.

A human sword is practically useless against projectile weapons and most importantly the energy sword. Assassinations are the only thing that successfully make use of human blades in combat.

> 2717573882290912;6:
> A human sword is practically useless against projectile weapons and most importantly the energy sword. Assassinations are the only thing that successfully make use of human blades in combat.

this
but apart from all the lore-issues,
i dont really see much sense in adding it,
besides for the “coolnes”, a human sword wouldn’t add anything useful or new.

Carrying a sword into combat is impractical for any number of reasons, some already stated.

Part of what makes the Energy sword moderately plausible is the fact that it can be deactivated so that it is nothing more than a hilt, taking little room for storage. It is not cumbersome like a sword, and can be drawn with the same speed and ease as a sidearm.

if you bring a sword to a gun fight…youre gonna have a bad time

Yea I would have to say no human sword. The elites sword can easily cut through armor and overcharge shields. A human alloy sword would have little effect on any sort of armor.
Honestly I don’t think the combat knife should have much use either.
However I would love to see a Promethean version of a sword or axe. I think 343 could have some fun developing that.

NOPE, nope nope nope nope nope nope nope… no.

Good points.

I believe they could probably do some damage against MJOLNIR, maybe only by the hands of a Spartan though.
But maybe just have em as a piece of Armor, like a legendary achievement unlock or whatever like it was in Halo 3.
But if you’re wearing it, you use it in assassinations :smiley: How bout that?
Because I mean, if a knife works, than a sword must too. Right?
At least in the exposed areas.

Oh & I really like the idea of Promethean blades of Hard Light, good stuff

I want a Katana Assassination. THat would be Amazing.

> 2533274896804094;12:
> Good points.
>
> I believe they could probably do some damage against MJOLNIR, maybe only by the hands of a Spartan though.
> But maybe just have em as a piece of Armor, like a legendary achievement unlock or whatever like it was in Halo 3.
> But if you’re wearing it, you use it in assassinations :smiley: How bout that?
> Because I mean, if a knife works, than a sword must too. Right?
> At least in the exposed areas.
>
> Oh & I really like the idea of Promethean blades of Hard Light, good stuff

I’m not saying I wouldn’t -Yoink- my pants on the first katana or tomahawk assassination I got. But it just doesn’t seem practical for a Spartan to run with a sword. Unless there’s some ONI or Section III alloy that can withstand an energy sword in a duel than I don’t see it being added.
Good point about in the hands of a spartan and the under layer of armor being vulnerable.
However I could see a human variation of an energy sword, maybe some reverse engineered swords lead to an energy blade used by Spartans and ODST’s. A new spin on an old classic if you will.

Yes, yes, indeed :wink:
Now we’re cooking.
Sounds like we’re talkin Light Sabers now haha

Did you know that Halo: Reach actually, had a prototype knife for Spartans? I think that some sort of alpha version of a Spartan sword/knife has been in every game since Halo 2. Not sure if that’s correct though, I do know it was in Reach for sure.

Ohh cool, right onn

I would like a Promethean battle axe.

An Interesting if Impractical Idea. Well I would not complain if it was added, I’m not going to campaign for it to be added.

I’ve been asking for a UNSC melee weapon since Halo 2.

I suggest the big metal machete from the legendary logo.