Spartan Strength

So I know that at some point, somewhere, someone has probably discussed this before, but I can’t seem to find anything recent or in-depth about it. We know that spartans have “superhuman” strength. But how strong exactly is Master Chief, or to be more general, are the spartan 2s, 3s, and 4s in general? Are we talking, take the strongest living man in the world and they will be able to do that? Or way more/less? Which spartans are the strongest, with and without suits?

They flip tanks.

> They flip Elephants.

Fixed.

Flip tanks…But is that realistic, or is that just for fluidity of gameplay? Besides, leverage is a powerful thing, it’s not like he’s deadlifting the tanks.

Lets just say Chief would be able to get a Spartan 4 and Spartan 3 together to beg for mercy with both his hands tied together and them having rocket launchers.

Based on what? :stuck_out_tongue:

Spartan 2’s are the best.
Spartan 3’s are good but no where near the level of Spartan 2’s.
Spartan 4’s are jokes compared to 2’s and 3’s, they have much less better armour and augmentations are much less severe.

With MJOLNIR on, I’d say tank flipping would be more than doable.

Without the suit, who knows? Look at it this way, though: the Spartans have super-human strength, which means far beyond the average potential of a human being. Their strength would definitely surpass an Olympic-level weightlifter, anyway.

It also depends on the exact specifications of what their augmentations did to them. The density of the muscle fiber would contribute a large part.

Apes have a much greater muscle density than humans, with Chimpanzees apparently having 7 times the strength of your average -Yoink!- Sapien. The 1975 Guinness Book of World Records states the following:

> In 1924 “Boma” a 165Lbs male chimp at the Bronx zoo, New York, recorded a right handed pull (feet braced) of 847 Lbs on a dynamometer.(the comparison given is 210Lbs for a man of the same weight). On another occasion, “Suzette” registered a pull of 1260 Lbs while in a rage (same zoo).

Perhaps you could use this as a reference for the potential strength of a Spartan? It’s impossible to say, though. It is, afterall, just fiction.

Chief is 7 ft 4 in tall, he weighs 345 (aprox.) He’s been training like a navy seal since he was 6 years old, and he has genetic augmentations that make his bones as hard as steel. All of that paired with the mjolnir armor makes any spartan he trained with several times stronger than any human being alive today.

> So I know that at some point, somewhere, someone has probably discussed this before, but I can’t seem to find anything recent or in-depth about it. We know that spartans have “superhuman” strength. But how strong exactly is Master Chief, or to be more general, are the spartan 2s, 3s, and 4s in general? Are we talking, take the strongest living man in the world and they will be able to do that? Or way more/less? Which spartans are the strongest, with and without suits?

In the Mk. VI variant of the MJOLNIR armour SPARTANs are supposedly capable of lifting almost 5 times their own body weight.

With the Mk. IV variant they were capable of lifting 3 times their own body weight.

> They flip tanks.

That about sums it up.

Without their armour (but with the surgeries) they are still much stronger and faster than even the strongest non-SPARTAN human. With their armour they are even faster and stronger, not to mention tougher. Also some SPARTANs are naturally faster or stronger than others but never both. Some have better aim, stronger punches, or are better at controlling vehicles. They all can excel in different things. John however it very good in all categories, but not the best. If you read the books (I would suggest The Fall of Reach, the audio book is on YouTube) they go into detail on some of these things like how Lidia was the best sniper and someone else was extremely fast.

Well I know that this can be looked at from a very scientific viewpoint, but I know there have also been several estimates based on stated things on the books. Whether or not these things in the books are strictly canon, and for that matter are scientifically sensible, seem to be another matter. For one, Iv’e heard MCs weight as stated being anywhere between 275lbs and 500+lbs (without armor) depending on whether or not one considers the increased muscle density and metal grafts. And then, yeah, the suits would modify it to some extent. Wouldn’t the s4s have better armor than the s2s? I haven’t read up on the s4s yet.

> > They flip tanks.
>
> That about sums it up.
>
> Without their armour (but with the surgeries) they are still much stronger and faster than even the strongest non-SPARTAN human. With their armour they are even faster and stronger, not to mention tougher. Also some SPARTANs are naturally faster or stronger than others but never both. Some have better aim, stronger punches, or are better at controlling vehicles. They all can excel in different things. John however it very good in all categories, but not the best. If you read the books (I would suggest The Fall of Reach, the audio book is on YouTube) they go into detail on some of these things like how Lidia was the best sniper and someone else was extremely fast.

Kelly.

> Well I know that this can be looked at from a very scientific viewpoint, but I know there have also been several estimates based on stated things on the books. Whether or not these things in the books are strictly canon, and for that matter are scientifically sensible, seem to be another matter. For one, Iv’e heard MCs weight as stated being anywhere between 275lbs and 500+lbs (without armor) depending on whether or not one considers the increased muscle density and metal grafts. And then, yeah, the suits would modify it to some extent. Wouldn’t the s4s have better armor than the s2s? I haven’t read up on the s4s yet.

The S-IVs have “light-weight” mjolnir. It’s more advanced and easier to mass produce,bt it’s less durable, plus the IVs haven’t had the life-long training the S-2s had.

Tank flipping is gameplay mechanic.

And spartan-III’s are likely the weakest (reach).

> > They flip tanks.
>
> That about sums it up.
>
> Without their armour (but with the surgeries) they are still much stronger and faster than even the strongest non-SPARTAN human. With their armour they are even faster and stronger, not to mention tougher. Also some SPARTANs are naturally faster or stronger than others but never both. Some have better aim, stronger punches, or are better at controlling vehicles. They all can excel in different things. John however it very good in all categories, but not the best. If you read the books (I would suggest The Fall of Reach, the audio book is on YouTube) they go into detail on some of these things like how Lidia was the best sniper and someone else was extremely fast.

Yeah John was really good in all categories, the other Spartans mainly excelling in a certain category.
However John was the bravest and had an aura around him which made him the leader of all Spartans(Luck) even when others gained higher ranks than him. He was a natural leader.
When I read about Sam’s death…I cried.

I think the Spartan 4’s are supposed to be better than the Spartan 3’s, but the Spartan 2’s were no doubt the best.

I dont think the below part is a spoiler but I guess it could be taken as that

The reason I think the 4’s are better than the 3’s is because the 3’s were supposed to be disposable spartans (I think) They did not do quite the extent of testing that Halsey did for the 2’s. The Spartan 4’s are being developed with the knowledge of the Spartan 2’s and 3’s WITH some Forerunner technology due to all the engineers they have now.

> They flip tanks.

So can the Rookie .

I know that the Spartan 2’s are able to lift about 3 times their own weight due to their augmentations.

“The SPARTAN-IIs are capable of lifting three times their body weight, which is double the normal weight of an average human due to the ceramic bone augmentations, in addition to their increased muscle density”
-source

John weighs 290lbs without his armour.
290*3=870
So John alone, is able to lift 870lbs.

Naomi-010 is a Spartan 2 wearing GEN2 SPARTAN IV MIJOLNIR battle armor. In Halo Glasslands, she is described as being strong enough to rip through 3 inches of steel as if it were cardboard and able to snap the spines of 9ft Brutes with a single punch.

In Halo Ghost of Onyx, Chief and his squad are captured by an insurrectionist scientist and the man comments on Chief saying “if you didn’t have those restraints on you would probably tare me in Half with ease”. So in short, Spartans are insanely strong and have the ability to lift things many times their own weight with out breaking sweat. When John was 14 years old, a couple of weeks after his first augmentation.

He went to the gym to lift some weights, which were already pre-set to 20Kg, but he didn’t know. So when he began to lift, the weight felt way too light so he doubled it to 40Kg, which to him felt just about right, not strenuous, but just right. At the time he was only 14 years of age and he could lift 40Kgs in one arm with relative ease. There are many more examples, but those are just a few basic examples of their supernatural strength. Hope this helped :slight_smile: