Spartan Strategy

Hi, all I am a newcomer playing halo wars again after several years and trying to really get into it. My question is does anyone have any strategies they use involving the spartans in multiplayer matches they are willing to share? As far as I can see they seem to be only really good at holding off small infantry or vehicle attacks (due to the hijack ability) It seems like if the opposition just mounts a half decent attack on a group of three spartans they do go down realtively easy.

when you come up with any good strategies to halo wars let me know.
i have every halo achievement besides the “reach general rank on halo wars”
the only strategy i see is “rush the enemy with ODSTs” about 30 seconds into the game

build scorpions, put spartans in scorpions, win.

> when you come up with any good strategies to halo wars let me know.
> i have every halo achievement besides the “reach general rank on halo wars”
> the only strategy i see is “rush the enemy with ODSTs” about 30 seconds into the game

you can’t have ODSTs 30 seconds into the game.

> > when you come up with any good strategies to halo wars let me know.
> > i have every halo achievement besides the “reach general rank on halo wars”
> > the only strategy i see is “rush the enemy with ODSTs” about 30 seconds into the game
>
> you can’t have ODSTs 30 seconds into the game.

i was exaggerating; i meant most tactics involve fully upgrading something as quickly as possible and charging at your enemy with it, be it ODSTs, Hawks or Grizzlys… not a very inventive strategy.

scout them. if they’re going straight to ODST, grizzlies or hawks just attack them, they’ll be totally screwed no matter what you attack with.

and most people don’t go straight for the super units they expand early and build counter units. but it all depends on the true skill of your opponents.

I prefer starcraft IMO.

But Halo Wars can be fun. Especially when you get 6 people in a private deathmatch game and build 24 Scarabs :stuck_out_tongue:

well i was mainly looking for what are the most commonly used tactics involving the spartans. btw going to a diff topic here for a moment why did the graphics on this game not turn out as good as they were in the e3 videos? that and what happened to controlling entire spartan armies? sorry for going off topic… :slight_smile:

> well i was mainly looking for what are the most commonly used tactics involving the spartans. btw going to a diff topic here for a moment why did the graphics on this game not turn out as good as they were in the e3 videos? that and what happened to controlling entire spartan armies? sorry for going off topic… :slight_smile:

don’t worry about going off topic. i don’t know why halo wars is different from the e3 vids, i think the devs were experimenting a lot before they decided on a final version. but i’m just speculating.

> Hi, all I am a newcomer playing halo wars again after several years and trying to really get into it. My question is does anyone have any strategies they use involving the spartans in multiplayer matches they are willing to share? As far as I can see they seem to be only really good at holding off small infantry or vehicle attacks (due to the hijack ability) It seems like if the opposition just mounts a half decent attack on a group of three spartans they do go down realtively easy.

If you going for vehicles wait till last to get spartans and put them into your vehicles but if your using infantry get them out quickly and keept them at the back incase the opponent has vehicles and use them to jack those vehicles.

to be honest i dont think the spartans are worth it. like if the enemy has hogs they can easily be kited around and killed ( as with most vehicles) unless your playing a noob. but i dont think their worth it without the nerv implant things

> to be honest i dont think the spartans are worth it. like if the enemy has hogs they can easily be kited around and killed ( as with most vehicles) unless your playing a noob. but i dont think their worth it without the nerv implant things

yeah, spartans are easy to stop without the neural implant upgrade. getting them later in the game is usually best.

I think that the most effective strategy is to play as the prophet of regret and do a 10 min rush with 20 banshees and the first 2 upgrades then if that fails you’ll be able to get back all 20 banshees in about 3 mins then you just constantly harrass using your banshees and prophet.As for spartan strategies the best one i’ve seen is getting 3 spartan scorpions early and harassing.

> I think that the most effective strategy is to play as the prophet of regret and do a 10 min rush with 20 banshees and the first 2 upgrades then if that fails you’ll be able to get back all 20 banshees in about 3 mins then you just constantly harrass using your banshees and prophet.As for spartan strategies the best one i’ve seen is getting 3 spartan scorpions early and harassing.

no rush happens at 10 minutes, its far to early!

> > I think that the most effective strategy is to play as the prophet of regret and do a 10 min rush with 20 banshees and the first 2 upgrades then if that fails you’ll be able to get back all 20 banshees in about 3 mins then you just constantly harrass using your banshees and prophet.As for spartan strategies the best one i’ve seen is getting 3 spartan scorpions early and harassing.
>
> no rush happens at 10 minutes, its far to early!

Every game I attack at 10 mins with 20 banshees.

> > > I think that the most effective strategy is to play as the prophet of regret and do a 10 min rush with 20 banshees and the first 2 upgrades then if that fails you’ll be able to get back all 20 banshees in about 3 mins then you just constantly harrass using your banshees and prophet.As for spartan strategies the best one i’ve seen is getting 3 spartan scorpions early and harassing.
> >
> > no rush happens at 10 minutes, its far to early!
>
> Every game I attack at 10 mins with 20 banshees.

I will scout and see your summit and just attack with some early wolverines, when I get volley upgrade your prophet is finished.

If you scout my summit at about 4-5 mins I still doubt you’re gonna be expecting 20 banshees in a matter of minutes.Plus even if you do get wolverines I would transition to hunters and and micro my banshees to continuously harrass your bases without having to fight your wolverines.

> If you scout my summit at about 4-5 mins I still doubt you’re gonna be expecting 20 banshees in a matter of minutes.Plus even if you do get wolverines I would transition to hunters and and micro my banshees to continuously harrass your bases without having to fight your wolverines.

that’s why I build hornets and wolves, the combo is quite hard to break as covenant. I can also throw in some flamers if my eco is strong enough and if you get loads of hunters out.

> well i was mainly looking for what are the most commonly used tactics involving the spartans. btw going to a diff topic here for a moment why did the graphics on this game not turn out as good as they were in the e3 videos? that and what happened to controlling entire spartan armies? sorry for going off topic… :slight_smile:

Spartans honestly aren’t that useful on their own. I suggest using them to hijack your own scorpions, since then they auto-gain full veterancy and you can earn more veterancy.