Spartan Stablization. What's the point?

What exactly is the point of Stablization? There’s no way to turn it off, and it seems to just make me a Spartan shaped balloon when activated. I’d like to aim and shoot without being made a giant target.

Is there some great thing that Stablization does that I’m unaware of, or is it just another useless ability?

You can turn it off in your settings.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> You can turn it off in your settings.

Do you mean Custom game settings or Game settings?
EDIT: You were right. Still makes me beg the question of why it was even included in the fist place.

> 2533275031935123;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > You can turn it off in your settings.
>
> Do you mean Custom game settings or Game settings?
> EDIT: You were right. Still makes me beg the question of why it was even included in the fist place.

Yeah I don’t like it but I see some use it. Just a use of the thusters I suppose.

> 2533275031935123;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > You can turn it off in your settings.
>
> Do you mean Custom game settings or Game settings?

Go to controller settings to turn it off. Then whichever button layout you use will be the button to press when you want to stabilize. At that point you will be able to use the button combination Jump>Stabilize>Crouch>Clamber to get to areas on a map that are in essence a short cut.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnO-3r0HFvI

Once you become accustomed to the controls of game and it’s movement mechanics you will realize just how useful the Stabilization Jets are. You can use them for advanced movement techniques that greatly alter paths you can take on multiplayer maps, effectively giving you more strategic options over your opponents.

I find it throws off the enemy. Also it gives me an extra two seconds of hang time to level my sniper onto an enemies head if I fall of an edge or am in the middle of a man cannon jump. Also great to use with hydra if a banshee keeps avoiding you behind walls, I jump on a mancannon, reach the peak of the jump over the rocks or buildings, stabilise, level my hydra, and the vehicle can’t escape.

I used to turn it of all the time but now it’s really useful. Also if you learn how to jump, thrust, stabilise, ground pound then thrust again, the amount of flags you can cap by doing extra long jumps is ridiculous.

If you play infection then turn it off. Infected often get caught out midjump and instead of lunging at the opponent, they get caught middair in front of them, swipe the air then get taken out because theyre just floating there.

It’s good for extending jump combos or helping reach a higher surface to clamber on when you zoom that you normally wouldn’t be able to reach with regular jumping.

I’ve actually managed to get some pretty good sniper kills using it. Good for poping up and holding still in the air JUST long enough to nail that headshot.

Makes jumpshotting easier, that’s about it.

It’s probably the closest thing I can get to a jet pack, which is really good at avoiding banshee bombs. If you’re on high ground and you anticipate a bomb heading you’re way, jumping off before the shot to float than fall or thruster to have air control. You can also avoid many explosive weapons this way such as rockets.

Its good for making jumps too around the map, it keeps you still so that it’s easier to aim. I also find that it constantly throws off sniper headshots too.

You can turn it off in settings.
It’s useful to jump shot if you’re into that (but in baiting)
also for clambering. There are jumps you can’t make in the game without it turned on so there’s that. It’s what I use it for

use it for the jumps you can’t make without it.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> You can turn it off in your settings.

Good to know, thanks! I rarely ever find use for it. I agree… it almost is more trouble than it’s worth in making you a sitting (er, floating) duck!

> 2533274920358788;14:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > You can turn it off in your settings.
>
> Good to know, thanks! I rarely ever find use for it. I agree… it almost is more trouble than it’s worth in making you a sitting (er, floating) duck!

About the only advantage is being able to make some jumps you usually can’t without stabilizing, but yeah to me it’s more harm than good.

> 2533274863544717;5:
> > 2533275031935123;3:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > You can turn it off in your settings.
> >
> > Do you mean Custom game settings or Game settings?
>
> Go to controller settings to turn it off. Then whichever button layout you use will be the button to press when you want to stabilize. At that point you will be able to use the button combination Jump>Stabilize>Crouch>Clamber to get to areas on a map that are in essence a short cut.
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnO-3r0HFvI

I’ve never liked things like this in Halo 5. Especially the whole “super dash” or whatever people call it. I think you know what I mean. I just feel like it penalizes players for using certain button configurations/layouts as some don’t work well doing it. I know some people call it skill, but in these cases I don’t see it that way. I didn’t mind crouch jumping in older Halos I’ll admit, but I also felt it didn’t matter what configuration you used as it wasn’t too hard to do. Some jumps we’re due to timing and such, but not the actual action if you know what I mean.

I don’t know, I just think it shouldn’t matter what options I have on or off, or what configuration I use, I should be able to do anything that someone else does if I’m good enough and in Halo 5 that isn’t the case unfortunately :frowning:

I don’t really see a reason why any of the Spartan abilities should be in the game. Someone care to explain why they want them to stay?

> 2533274816788253;15:
> > 2533274920358788;14:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > You can turn it off in your settings.
> >
> > Good to know, thanks! I rarely ever find use for it. I agree… it almost is more trouble than it’s worth in making you a sitting (er, floating) duck!
>
> About the only advantage is being able to make some jumps you usually can’t without stabilizing, but yeah to me it’s more harm than good.

Think that only applies to Warzone. BTB oesnt really have this problem. Haven’t touched Ranked for about a week, so can’t talk about that.