Spartan Science vs Covenant Seapon Science

So I’ve been rewatching and replaying games and movies from the Halo Franchise, and noticed something quite confusing to me. Halsey talks about once the Spartans are successfully augmented, their bones are rendered nearly indestructible, yet Kat from Halo Reach got shot by a needle right in the head, with shields active, through a titanium helmet. I might be overthinking just a little, but how does this all work?

> 2535441655185822;1:
> So I’ve been rewatching and replaying games and movies from the Halo Franchise, and noticed something quite confusing to me. Halsey talks about once the Spartans are successfully augmented, their bones are rendered nearly indestructible, yet Kat from Halo Reach got shot by a needle right in the head, with shields active, through a titanium helmet. I might be overthinking just a little, but how does this all work?

I believe Halsey was talking about the S-II’s more so than the S-III’s who were designed as quantity over quality. They were a cheaper solution to the S-II program. And Kat’s shields weren’t active at the time of her death because of the glassing that was going on at the time.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> > 2535441655185822;1:
> > So I’ve been rewatching and replaying games and movies from the Halo Franchise, and noticed something quite confusing to me. Halsey talks about once the Spartans are successfully augmented, their bones are rendered nearly indestructible, yet Kat from Halo Reach got shot by a needle right in the head, with shields active, through a titanium helmet. I might be overthinking just a little, but how does this all work?
>
> I believe Halsey was talking about the S-II’s more so than the S-III’s who were designed as quantity over quality. They were a cheaper solution to the S-II program. And Kat’s shields weren’t active at the time of her death because of the glassing that was going on at the time.

Oh that’s right, I forgot that their shields didn’t work if they were too close to that. And I also think I heard the Halsey quote from Halo: Fall of Reach, so her talking about the S-ll’s would make sense. And about the S-lll’s, weren’t they made quantity over quality because of how expensive the ll’s were?

> 2535441655185822;3:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > 2535441655185822;1:
> > > So I’ve been rewatching and replaying games and movies from the Halo Franchise, and noticed something quite confusing to me. Halsey talks about once the Spartans are successfully augmented, their bones are rendered nearly indestructible, yet Kat from Halo Reach got shot by a needle right in the head, with shields active, through a titanium helmet. I might be overthinking just a little, but how does this all work?
> >
> > I believe Halsey was talking about the S-II’s more so than the S-III’s who were designed as quantity over quality. They were a cheaper solution to the S-II program. And Kat’s shields weren’t active at the time of her death because of the glassing that was going on at the time.
>
> Oh that’s right, I forgot that their shields didn’t work if they were too close to that. And I also think I heard the Halsey quote from Halo: Fall of Reach, so her talking about the S-ll’s would make sense. And about the S-lll’s, weren’t they made quantity over quality because of how expensive the ll’s were?

That’s correct :blush: The S-III’s were always meant to be expendable. Case in point, Alpha and Beta companies where all 600 Spartan’s were killed save for a few.

> 2533274809226598;4:
> > 2535441655185822;3:
> > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > > 2535441655185822;1:
> > > > So I’ve been rewatching and replaying games and movies from the Halo Franchise, and noticed something quite confusing to me. Halsey talks about once the Spartans are successfully augmented, their bones are rendered nearly indestructible, yet Kat from Halo Reach got shot by a needle right in the head, with shields active, through a titanium helmet. I might be overthinking just a little, but how does this all work?
> > >
> > > I believe Halsey was talking about the S-II’s more so than the S-III’s who were designed as quantity over quality. They were a cheaper solution to the S-II program. And Kat’s shields weren’t active at the time of her death because of the glassing that was going on at the time.
> >
> > Oh that’s right, I forgot that their shields didn’t work if they were too close to that. And I also think I heard the Halsey quote from Halo: Fall of Reach, so her talking about the S-ll’s would make sense. And about the S-lll’s, weren’t they made quantity over quality because of how expensive the ll’s were?
>
> That’s correct :blush: The S-III’s were always meant to be expendable. Case in point, Alpha and Beta companies where all 600 Spartan’s were killed save for a few.

That was a massacre, sucks and is sad how many died