Spartan Rank 130.....

Let me just start this thread off and say this is going to sound kind of weird. As some of you may have also been trying to do, I have been trying to go back to older Halo multiplayer games and play that. But I haven’t reached SR130, and right now I’m 127, pushing 128. I can see the end of the ranks, and oddly I feel that if Halo 4’s multiplayer disappoints me anymore, I might be able to leave at peace. Reaching SR130 may let me feel like I finished the multiplayer, I’ve reached my objective and I no longer have any business there. Here’s where it get’s ironic, SR130 being my sort of ties to Halo 4, is coming to a close. But now with Grifball out, and Community Forge test and TU’s coming up, I’m starting to enjoy the game. Now I’m fearful that I won’t have any purpose playing multiplayer when I’ve hit max! I do feel like rank isn’t any indicator of skill, but at least I’m trying to do something! CSR is also only going to be on waypoint, and most likely won’t be any better than Halo: Reach’s BPR. So I want to know from SR130 players, do you still have purpose playing the game? Is it still meaningful? Please leave a reply in the comments if you are a SR130.

Here’s what I do: ignore what the game tells you your playtime means. One aribitrary objective is as good as any other and unlike a computer the one’s you create can be as abstract as simply be more awesome. That you can never fully achieve, but you can always be satisfied with progress.

> Here’s what I do: ignore what the game tells you your playtime means. One aribitrary objective is as good as any other and unlike a computer the one’s you create can be as abstract as simply be more awesome. That you can never fully achieve, but you can always be satisfied with progress.

Hmm, interesting suggestion I like it. I guess people have forgotten to set their own goals with everyone relying on a machine these days, thanks for the food for thought.

Games in the past got boring when they were no longer FUN to play, nowadays all people seem to care about is Rank, K.D, W.L or some other meaningless statistic. How times have changed…

This is why we need a 1-50 rank. I’m at SR103 and the only reason I’m still playing is to reach 130. I could have hit max a month ago but I’ve barely played in that time.

> Games in the past got boring when they were no longer FUN to play, nowadays all people seem to care about is Rank, K.D, W.L or some other meaningless statistic. How times have changed…

Agreed. It’s always nice to unlock a cool helmet or something but I didn’t drag my tv and xbox around to friend’s houses back in 2001-2004 because Halo CE gave me something to show off.

> Games in the past got boring when they were no longer FUN to play, nowadays all people seem to care about is Rank, K.D, W.L or some other meaningless statistic. How times have changed…

It’s not 2002 anymore either.

> Games in the past got boring when they were no longer FUN to play, nowadays all people seem to care about is Rank, K.d, W.L or some other meaningless statistic. How times have changed…

Well stats are easy things to put value in. Games ultimately have to be that these days for that all important point of accessibility. Millions more people haven’t simply sprung from the woodwork to support modern gaming, gaming has changed in order to expand its audience (out from self-motivated technophiles and to the general public.)

That said, becoming a better grenade sniper is just as worthy an objective now as it ever was (either way you want to interpret that.) There’s just a lot more fluff to contend with.

Seriously if all you care about is the number then quit when you get to a 130. personally there is so much more to then game. K/D, W/L and other stats. Some people care only about K/D. Me I’m a W/L guy. So stats are where its at. Work on your stats not your SR130 in the in my rank is not why I started playing halo and it will never be why I play them game. Just have fun and play then game guys.

I don’t even know why bother with ranks if it doesn’t mean skill, or how long you play the game. SR 130 means neither and its only a placeholder so that along the way you can unlock weapons and armor and mods and specialization. After all that it has no meaning. Also its just so easy to attain because of xp is handled during the game.

Personally, I’m SR 130 and only play for fun and to unlock some armor so that I can take some screenshots and make some machininmas. Grifball fun and so is Spartan OPs.

You can always go for commendations.