Spartan Outfits - Multiple Armor

So in Reach we customize our Spartan with armor and stuff but we only have one slot/one Spartan to customize.

Maybe in Halo 4 we should be able to create “multiple outfits” for our Spartan. So let’s say I’m wearing some type of armor for one “outfit” and completely different armor for another. I’m not sure if I’m wording this correctly but I think you guys know where I am going with this.
Like I’m kind of tired of switching my Spartan’s armor all the time so maybe we should be able to create “saved slots” and be able to switch from armor to armor used before.

In short, the ability to customize your Spartan’s appearance for each of your “loadouts,” slots, whatever you want to call it.

Good idea or bad idea?

Do you mean having the ability to customize your spartans appearance for each of your loadouts?

Oliolloilolol COD BF3 clone QQ.

More seriously, good idea. I change outfit a lot so why not.

> Do you mean having the ability to customize your spartans appearance for each of your loadouts?

Mhm. *Nods head

> > Do you mean having the ability to customize your spartans appearance for each of your loadouts?
>
> Mhm. *Nods head

Well I would be for adding that in then because it would have no negative effects on the game.

You mean like the thing you do with your Xbox Avatar? That’s actually a good idea

I see what you’re saying, OP, and I don’t think it would detract from the game at all, but I also don’t think it’s necessary in any way. I’d rather they focus their time elsewhere. For me, I’d be creating one “outfit” and leaving the others blank. I’ve been content just changing on the fly, and I kind of enjoy having ‘my’ spartan (as in just one appearance). Some others may feel differently, but I’d say it doesn’t add much value.

I was just thinking about this the other day. Great Idea!!!

However, there should be a “default” slot for non-loadout games and such.

But, this would also cause some confusion as players are usually identified via their armor.

It’s a fine suggestion, but I’d rather 343i focus on getting the fundamentals right first, like the controls, sandbox balance, and weapon balance.

> It’s a fine suggestion, but I’d rather 343i focus on getting the fundamentals right first, like the controls, sandbox balance, and weapon balance.

agreed. PS. You have a lot of thanks O.O

A long time ago when I use to play Armored Core they had that option.
You could build up to 3 different mech’s using various parts, colors etc.etc. …

Granted, the mech’s appearance was more than just cosmetic. Parts had +/- to equipping them, so depending on what you built you would have certain performance strong points and weaknesses. And your garage could hold 3 different builds for what ever you want to take on.

Could be an interesting addition to Halo Match making. Pick a set up before beginning a game, then use it to play through.

Brilliant idea OP.

> > It’s a fine suggestion, but I’d rather 343i focus on getting the fundamentals right first, like the controls, sandbox balance, and weapon balance.
>
> PS. You have a lot of thanks O.O

Lol. Yeah, about 563 pages worth. Give or take.

That’s a really good idea. I’m not sure if I’d use it since I don’t change my armor much after I unlock/buy the parts I want. (I haven’t changed my armor in Reach since General, and I’m now an Eclipse.) It’s still a great idea, though.

Oh i think I see where you are going. Like how you can save different combos for your xbox avatar. That’s not that bad an idea. I’ll support it.

> You mean like the thing you do with your Xbox Avatar? That’s actually a good idea

Yep. Like you can save “outfits” with the Xbox Avatar, same thing for Halo. Only thing is that with Xbox Avatar, outfits only apply for what you’re wearing. Halo goes for everything; helmet, visor, chest, utility, wrist, etc.

> I see what you’re saying, OP, and I don’t think it would detract from the game at all, but I also don’t think it’s necessary in any way. I’d rather they focus their time elsewhere. For me, I’d be creating one “outfit” and leaving the others blank. I’ve been content just changing on the fly, and I kind of enjoy having ‘my’ spartan (as in just one appearance). Some others may feel differently, but I’d say it doesn’t add much value.

It won’t detract from the game and it’s not a requirement. Yeah, me too, I’d want 343 to use their time on other stuff. But still, there’s a lot of people at 343i and I’m pretty sure they could find the time to implement something like this into the game. It wouldn’t take too long, since it’s only a little in-game bonus feature.

You stick with one outfit, I stick with only one too. I kept mine full ODST except change the wrist, utility, visor and head attachment once in a while. But keep in mind many people change their armor quite often. It’d be easier for people to change armor who have-let’s say-three incredibly epic combo/setup of armor and want to switch between them.

If I were working at 343i and Halo 4 was all good and nearly/finished completion, I’d be like, “We have some time. Why not put this feature into the game?”

I’m mostly on the fence about this…
I can see the use for this, like for machinima people, like my self, we can use outfits to save an outfit for machinima, and then have another outfit for a different machinima, or have an outfit for changing off and on.

Bad idea, because Halo games have always had problems displaying Armor over XBL. You don’t think it would glitch or slow down due to connection?

(changing armor ingame even with Loadouts)

There should be a GREAT IDEA option. But as others have said, not with loadouts; restrict it to the Armory. Which is what OP means in the first place, I think.

I for one change my Armor too often, so I need something like this.