Spartan Ops XP Issue

So I know and am glad that you don’t get XP for AFK boosting. But it shouldn’t be based on kills, it should be based on medals. My friend and I just played Ch2-Ep4, Rally Point in an online match, He didn’t get any kills/deaths, but got 38 Wheelman medals driving me in the warthog. I got 5500 XP, he got only 216. This is an issue and needs looking into. Thank you for your time.

Yeah I played a game and got 60 something wheelman medals and zero kills. I think I got 200xp whereas my gunner got about 3k

I actually do not see how that is possible, i drove my friend around 3 straight games on rally point and got 4000xp plus each game with my only kills coming from splatters. so i only got around 5-10 kills a game

Yea I don’t think it is by JUST kills. I’ve gone a whole mission just drive the hog around and still got 3,000xp not including the “victory xp”

> So I know and am glad that you don’t get XP for AFK boosting. But it shouldn’t be based on kills, it should be based on medals. My friend and I just played Ch2-Ep4, Rally Point in an online match, He didn’t get any kills/deaths, but got 38 Wheelman medals driving me in the warthog. I got 5500 XP, he got only 216. This is an issue and needs looking into. Thank you for your time.

May I mention aswell that the longer it takes time to finish the mission, the better the xp. I did an experiment aswell, I played Episode 5 Chapter 3 i think or 2, finished it under 10 minutes i only got 8000-9500 xp thats double xp. now when I re did the chapter finishing at above 10 minutes, i got 10k-11900 cr. so the longer you play, the better the xp

now with kill and death wise, if you for example got 20 kills 0 deaths, you will receive less amount of xp. If you die 5 times with 20 kills, you will receive 10-15% more. Its compensating your deaths. go above 20 deaths you will get less.

IF for example you have no kills and just major assist and driving, you will get the least amount of xp because the system will think that you didnt contribute to kills.

I played the last chapter of episode 5, with 90 kills and 20 deaths i got 11900 cr. that means I did contribution to kills, compensation to deaths plus the amount of time to finish the mission resulting in 11900cr

Nah, that sounds about par for the course. Me and my friends spent some time levelling up the Wheelman commendation and we found that the guy gunning would always get lots more XP than the driver - but then again, the driver gets one of their commendations boosted, so it’s a fair trade. Just switch roles and it’s all good!

Also, I heard that you get lots more XP for Spops matchmaking rather than private games - can anyone confirm?

if you dont get any kills at all you will not get much xp. splatter a grunt or a crawler

Here’s a few facts to clear things up:

-You get twice as much XP in Matchmaking as opposed to Private Matches.
-You get the maximum possible XP with at least 3 players.
-5950 is the max XP you’ll get in SO, that’s 11900 with DewXp (Not counting “Fast Track”).

I know what I’m talking about here. If they change the Anti-AFK method to detect medals rather than kills/deaths, all problems with be solved.

If they allowed booting, there’d be no AFK’ers.

I was playing a match tonight with 3 other players… one backed out of the match in the first minute… no problem. Myself and 2 other players left.

I drive a Warthog up to use the turret to do some damage, and notice I’m the only one doing any shooting. I get to a point where I’m being reminded about the few remaining enemies on the map. At that point I take a second to look around to see where the other two players are, and they’re all the way on the other side of the map. They’ve climbed up to a ledge somewhere, and were basically scrambling along it to get to a place where they couldn’t be shot.

I was pissed. I stopped killing enemies, crossed the entire map in my Warthog. They actually shot and destroyed my Warthog, with me in it, when I got close. Well, pretty dumb move, because that spawns my sticky grenades and I back up where they’re at. 2 sticks later, and we’re all dead. Did they get the hint? Nope. They cross back to the same part of the map and try to get right back into their hiding spot… shooting and tossing grenades at me. Ok, fine… “leave game.”

You don’t want to play? I’m not finishing the match for you.

> So I know and am glad that you don’t get XP for AFK boosting. But it shouldn’t be based on kills, it should be based on medals. My friend and I just played Ch2-Ep4, Rally Point in an online match, He didn’t get any kills/deaths, but got 38 Wheelman medals driving me in the warthog. I got 5500 XP, he got only 216. This is an issue and needs looking into. Thank you for your time.

I brought this up the other day. If you’re interested, here’s the thread:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1892527_Spartan-Ops-Wheelman-XP-Suggestion.aspx

> If they allowed booting, there’d be no AFK’ers.
>
> I was playing a match tonight with 3 other players… one backed out of the match in the first minute… no problem. Myself and 2 other players left.
>
> I drive a Warthog up to use the turret to do some damage, and notice I’m the only one doing any shooting. I get to a point where I’m being reminded about the few remaining enemies on the map. At that point I take a second to look around to see where the other two players are, and they’re all the way on the other side of the map. They’ve climbed up to a ledge somewhere, and were basically scrambling along it to get to a place where they couldn’t be shot.
>
> I was pissed. I stopped killing enemies, crossed the entire map in my Warthog. They actually shot and destroyed my Warthog, with me in it, when I got close. Well, pretty dumb move, because that spawns my sticky grenades and I back up where they’re at. 2 sticks later, and we’re all dead. Did they get the hint? Nope. They cross back to the same part of the map and try to get right back into their hiding spot… shooting and tossing grenades at me. Ok, fine… “leave game.”
>
> You don’t want to play? I’m not finishing the match for you.

Sorry, this thread is not about the issue of AFKers. It’s about the Anti-AFK method of detecting activity.