Spartan Ops to become a huge thing

I believe that Spops is going to get massive treatment in the future and people are going to love it. Halo 4 spops is really boring but the idea of it is pretty awesome and if it worked I think many people would prefer it over just Firefight anyday.

It’s pretty obvious that 343 wants Spops to become a huge thing. I mean, just look at all the cutscenes they made for it and how great they look. The budget for this game was absolutely insane!

When we go into multiplayer we should be seeing ourselves playing as our “Spartan Ops” spartan. I believe that this is going to end up way better than anything Firefight can offer us.

Mission wise have less but focus more on quality, I hope they keep it

I would prefer if it was taken out as whole in favor of firefight. If we can both that’d be great though.

> Mission wise have less but focus more on quality, I hope they keep it

Yeah, 1-2 quality missions a week would be much better than effectively 5 firefight ripoffs and button pressing. So much story got shunted to the cinematics that you could enjoy the whole thing as a tv show on waypoint/youtube.

The only ‘conflict’ with doing both firefight and spops is mostly that it’d require more maps. Otherwise the encounter designers likely aren’t the same guys who code game types.

God forbid they resuscitate this mockery of Campaign!

They entice us with nice visuals and a story (which aren’t even rewarded from progressing through a mission, they’re given to us right from the start) and give us vulgar, detached missions (that have little to none replay value), to go along with them.

They need to make Campaign DLCs.

As for Firefight, I enjoyed it in ODST, but it was an abhorrence in Reach. Things I liked about ODST Firefight:

-boss waves
-Drones
-Jackal sniper callouts
-freeroaming camera when killed
-Theater
-bonus waves
-gold Hunters with classic fuel rod
-keeping track of lives
-achievements provided incentive

I hope it’s cancelled entirely. It is a total waste of resources and development time.

Well if they make the Spops missions more like Campaign missions then it could blow up.

> Well if they make the Spops missions more like Campaign missions then it could blow up.

Like I said focus on quality over quantity, maybe do two missions a week

Spartan Ops isn’t a bad thing. I love it and play it still the only problem is the missions in like the first 2 episodes. They were just very generic missions but after that they speed up. What i say 343i should do is Make Firefight 3.0 then has Spartans Ops be a weekly Halo show that we could watch interact with and he. Like a true second Campaign. What 343i did was they just saw it as a short missions list post game. But what they should do with it is think Campaign but have it feature things that MC couldn’t do.

Like have Spartan Ops be the side of the story that was like what Arbiter did in Halo 2. Have the Spartans IV’s do things and sovle problems that MC wasn’t there to do. Like have us fight Innies, Defend VIPs, travel the galaxy, explore Forerunner installations, make peace treaties, Stealth missions, spar with other Spartans, they could even have it so we could roam the Infinity freely.

Other than the cutscenes, it didn’t deliver if you ask me. I don’t care to see it return.

> Spartan Ops isn’t a bad thing. I love it and play it still the only problem is the missions in like the first 2 episodes. They were just very generic missions but after that they speed up. What i say 343i should do is Make Firefight 3.0 then has Spartans Ops be a weekly Halo show that we could watch interact with and he. Like a true second Campaign. What 343i did was they just saw it as a short missions list post game. But what they should do with it is think Campaign but have it feature things that MC couldn’t do.
>
> Like have Spartan Ops be the side of the story that was like what Arbiter did in Halo 2. Have the Spartans IV’s do things and sovle problems that MC wasn’t there to do. Like have us fight Innies, Defend VIPs, travel the galaxy, explore Forerunner installations, make peace treaties, Stealth missions, spar with other Spartans, they could even have it so we could roam the Infinity freely.

Those are some nice ideas on how it could get better, but I would honestly love to see the story from the Insurrectionists’ or the Elites’ point of view. Seeing the UNSC all the time and always playing as them just becomes a dull, generic shoot the bad guys story. I want to see why there are so many Insurrectionists, I want know how they live, what’s their life like, why are they against the UNSC, and more.

Just imagine playing as a Spartan that’s fighting for the UNSC, then gets screwed over or left behind by something that ONI is responsible for. Now you’re a Spartan that’s left behind and the only ones left around are those that you were just fighting. You don’t stand a chance fighting against them, and why would you want to go back to the people that didn’t care about you and left you to die? Now the only thing that you can do is go to the people you were supposed to kill and ask for their help.

> I hope it’s cancelled entirely. It is a total waste of resources and development time.

It also gave me an extra three days of co-op gameplay. Sure the writing was terrible and mission design was deficient, to say the least, but it did succeed in one important respect and that was bringing us more gameplay outside of the traditional multiplayer modes which have been contentious, to say the least, in the last two Halo games (but as a franchise veteran I’d say that we’ve been having problems for the last five.)

If we are to secure a long-lasting and healthy franchise we need to invest in those areas of the game that will actually pay off and while SOPS was certainly a flawed attempt at bringing us more co-op it is pushing in a direction that needs to be followed because it is likely the one area of the game that has a worthwhile future ahead of it.

> I hope it’s cancelled entirely. It is a total waste of resources and development time.

So would Halo 2 Anniversary but you want that

I think 343I needs to actually focus on Spartan Ops being a second campaign. I would prefer a quality mission every month as long as its different and not button pressing.

I’m up for less missions with better, campaign-like, quality. Playing in the same area twice a week, having the same objectives, multiple times was what killed it for me, along with many others. I only got to like ep.7 before I gave up and started to just watch the cut-scenes, as the actual game-play got to repetitive and provided minimal story as apposed to the cut-scenes, which also had little resemblance between them.

I want SpOps to be turned into an episodic campaign with one well developed mission with a cutscene per week. So basically campaign DLC, but a campaign involving your spartan.

I definitely want it to come back! I love Spartan Ops! And I definitely believe that 343i will make it much more epic now that they know what they need to do.

This spartan ops was big -Yoink-… 3 maps and that is it… It was stupid…

Let me be clear. I know that Spops currently is boring to play. The cut scenes are the best part. If spops could become a campaign with as much quality as the main story itself, then it could be really awesome and people would be excited to see what mission is next! We could have more in game cut scenes with our Spartans doing things, similar to Reach campaign.

> Spartan Ops isn’t a bad thing. I love it and play it still the only problem is the missions in like the first 2 episodes. They were just very generic missions but after that they speed up. What i say 343i should do is Make Firefight 3.0 then has Spartans Ops be a weekly Halo show that we could watch interact with and he. Like a true second Campaign. What 343i did was they just saw it as a short missions list post game. But what they should do with it is think Campaign but have it feature things that MC couldn’t do.
>
> Like have Spartan Ops be the side of the story that was like what Arbiter did in Halo 2. <mark>Have the Spartans IV’s do things and sovle problems that MC wasn’t there to do. Like have us fight Innies, Defend VIPs, travel the galaxy, explore Forerunner installations, make peace treaties, Stealth missions, spar with other Spartans, they could even have it so we could roam the Infinity freely</mark>.

Trying to find something to compare it to, and my first thought was “Mass Effect”. Are you suggesting something similar to being on the Normandy?