Spartan Ops Tips and Tricks

Hey. For no reason, I’ve decided to make this guide, detailing the many strategies and the personal best loadout to combat the Covenant Storm and Prometheans.

Le Bad Spartan Ops Guide: General Tactics and Loadout
Fake copyright (c) jhmgrose’s House of Derp, 2013-2013, pretty much zero rights reserved. What am I, a lawyer?
The first point in this guide is to use cover. Since you’ll be slowed and killed easily by enemy fire. You’ll fall to Storm Rifles faster than you can say “Crimson” if you don’t. Not too many enemies dare to go to your cover, unless they’re Elites or vehicles. Use this to your advantage.

Make sure to stay very far away from your enemies. Anyone except Jackal Snipers will not shoot at you from so far away. This is because the AI is aware of an optimal and effective range to blast the hell out of you. Without effective range, they won’t even try to waste light or plasma on you. Except Jackal Snipers. They’ll blast you anyway.

Utilise vehicles as much as possible. The enemies can’t use vehicles if they’re dead. Or your ride exploded. An excellent tactic to drive to the base of a rise with a Warthog or Ghost, and shoot things up.
In the event that an enemy shows up in a vehicle, Plasma Pistol the hell out of it before shooting it down. Plasma Grenades are super effective!

And because I’m not smart, thanks to being a teenager in California, near the Bay, I am left to write the loadout I personally think is best for Spartan Ops.

One-Man-Army

Primary: Covenant Carbine
Secondary: Plasma Pistol
Grenade: Plasma Grenade
Armour Ability: Autosentry
Tactical Package: Grenadier
Support Upgrade: Dexterity

I found that there are a lot of caches where Covenant Carbines and Plasma Pistols exist. This helps greatly, because it’s a fast fire rate, headshots are still easy to pull off. With the Plasma Pistol, a person can kill Elites like it was on Normal.
When using the Plasma Grenades, a player can shoot a Plasma Pistol overcharge at a Promethean Knight, proceeding to throw a Plasma Grenade at him. This is a sure-fire kill. Don’t worry about killing Knights without the grenades. 7-11 shots after an overcharge will kill.
Autosentries are useful because of their dispensable status, and that they shoot so well. It may scratch off a few shots from your Carbine.
Mobility? Not a chance. When you run up anywhere, there will be someone to slow you down and kill you. Firepower? Ruins the Plasma Pistol. AA Efficiency will only work if you know what you’re doing. Shielding is a good backup if you’re playing it safe. But for missions where Prometheans crawl around the area? Covies in large groups? Add more grenades to your belt.
Every Support Upgrade, with the exception of Ammo (so as long as you know how to survive) is pretty much useless, as you’ll usually end up dead, and personal ordnance does not exist in Spartan Ops.

This concludes my terrible Spartan Ops guide.

That is pretty much what do except i use the br. And you terrible guide is actually quite usefull lol nice work

The best would be in my opinion is this.

BR(Battle Rifle)
PP(Plasma Pistol)
PG(Plasma Grenades)
TP(Thruster Pack)
Shielding
Ammo

This setup does require decent player ability, but i’m almost always at the top with the most kills and least deaths.There are ammo boxes for the BR on almost every single level in spartan ops, and they are quite plentiful.Thruster pack is hard to use but once you get better with it you will become a ninja.The BR is far more accurate than the Carbine due to its burst function and only sacrifices 4 shots.It is also much stronger than the Carbine.Due to its burst function headshots are a breeze and allows for quick dispatching of grunts,jackals, and crawlers.

For driving always use Wheelman.For gunning always use Gunner.I use a class with both of them on maps with a large amount of vehicles.

Shielding allows for less cover time when shields are depleted which helps greatly in heated situations.

Ammo allows for less time scavenging but you sacrifice reload speed from dexterity so you need to be accurate with your shots.Ammo also gives your plasma pistol 150% charge which allows more n00b combo with the BR against elites and knights.I think its 7 shots in total.Ammo also allow you to carry up to 216 rounds, so ammo is hardly a worry.By the time you need more ammo you died and got more, or you are nearby a ammo box.So no worry at all.

As i have said with this setup i’m almost always at the top of the scoreboard, if not i’m in second.Good luck to whoever reads this and gives my setup a try.

There’s not one best loadout.

this one is best if there are no vehicles, and you’re fighting covenant

this one is best if there ARE vehicles, and you’re fighting covenant
Tactical Package: Wheelman

If you’re not sure about the vehicles, pick wheelman. Grenades are not that usefull anyway on legendary. PP + headshot is way more effective.

this one is best if there are no vehicles, and you’re fighting Prometheans
Primary: BR / Light rifle

crawlers are annoying and very fast. the BR and lightrifle are better at getting headshots on them than the carbine is. Against the knights, the plasma grenades are useful only after a pp shot, but very effective. Depending on your preference and the ammo found on the map, either the BR or the LR might be a better choice.

this one is best if you don’t know what you’re fighting, and not sure if there are vehicles or not.
Primary: carbine
Tactical Package: Wheelman

It’s still my opinion, but I have little trouble even on legendary solo to complete all missions with only a few deaths.

Ammo is pretty much the best support you can use in sp-ops.

Gives you extra power weapon ammo, that in itself trumps anything else you can sport. Unless it’s a vehicle mission.

> Ammo is pretty much the best support you can use in sp-ops.
>
> Gives you extra power weapon ammo, that in itself trumps anything else you can sport. Unless it’s a vehicle mission.

Given that survivability isn’t much of a chance every few minutes, Ammo is useless.
Plus, you can pick up ammo from your corpse.