Spartan ops storyline.

I’ve got to say spartan ops is a great replacement for firefight. As entertaining as firefight could be, spartan ops is much more fulfilling in that it’s a mini campaign with yourself (and your team) in the lead. The cut scenes are pretty well made and enjoyable and the way it’s tied in to the current game is excellent. it is unfortunate that their are minor issues with bad re spawn placement, and the static weapons and weapon drops (random weapon drops would likely make spartan ops more enjoyable in the long run as it would add some replay value.)

With all of the complaints about halo 4 I honestly haven’t heard much on the topic of spartan ops, positive nor negative.

I’m loving Spartan Ops as well for similar reasons. I only wish it had a scoring feature! But I’ve been looking forward to each episode every week!

Spartan Ops itself is fun. The story and characters are awful though.

> Spartan Ops itself is fun. The story and characters are awful though.

I disagree but that’s mainly because I think about how short the episodes are and how much they have to fit in such a small amount of time. The characters are no better or worse then any other shooter game…actually no they are much better then some shooter games.

With the time restraints it’s already been shown that the Prometheans are using…I dunno the soul or essence of people to create more of themselves, Halsey is still the same mad scientist she’s always been but possibly more dangerous then ever before. We have a little backstory on one of the spartans as well as seeing the possibilities for some in depth good versus evil morality discussions as well as some well done dialogue. All of this in a few very short cutscenes.

Not to mention tying into the main campaign without really impacting it horrendously by making everything that came before non-canon.

Spartan Ops is a great idea with mediocre execution, and definitely a lame replacement for Firefight especially after all of the new features Bungie added to it in Reach. There’s definitely some stuff they need to do to improve Spartan Ops if they want me to pay for season 2 because as of right now the best part about it are the CG intros.

-There’s no connection between the story and in-game missions. I don’t really feel like anything in the missions seems relevant to the story, nor do I have idea why I am doing the things I’m doing. They need more ways to move the story forward in-game rather than the brief radio blips that are often inaudible from being too low in the audio mix.

-The maps and mission objectives are very repetitive. There’s more button pressing in the first week’s episodes than there was in the entire campaign. I liked the protect the scientists/generators in week 5, but there needs to be more. And obviously the levels being recycled is a HUGE issue.

-Scoring needs to be brought back (for campaign too). There’s no incentive for replaying these missions since they are like bad campaign levels you can beat in 15 minutes.

-Firefight needs to be brought back. And honestly it can coexist with Spartan Ops since half of the SO maps would make KILLER FF maps. Maybe there could be an unlocking structure where after you complete a Sparan Ops mission you can unlock the map for Firefight?

> -There’s no connection between the story and in-game missions. I don’t really feel like anything in the missions seems relevant to the story, nor do I have idea why I am doing the things I’m doing. They need more ways to move the story forward in-game rather than the brief radio blips that are often inaudible from being too low in the audio mix.
>
> -Scoring needs to be brought back (for campaign too). There’s no incentive for replaying these missions since they are like bad campaign levels you can beat in 15 minutes.
>
> -Firefight needs to be brought back. And honestly it can coexist with Spartan Ops since half of the SO maps would make KILLER FF maps. Maybe there could be an unlocking structure where after you complete a Sparan Ops mission you can unlock the map for Firefight?

I agree with all the stuff about making it more playable and adding replay value to it, the reused maps is annoying.

They do tie it into the main game in that it continues expanding on the events by showing for one what the Prometheans are doing and how the UNSC tends to react, the main character in the cutscenes had his family killed in the events of the main campaign (the attack on earth) and also lets us play at least a small part in the conflict with the prometheans.

I’m hoping that they expand on halsey, prometheans, and even show why the covenant joined up again for another war.

I like Spartan Ops. It’s pretty much its own campaign. It has a story, characters (Miller and Roland FTW), and all of it can be done with some friends. Well, not for me, co-op is impossible in every Halo game I play considering the fact it lags. But solo is always fun and more intense.

But honestly, I liked Firefight more. That feeling of a last stand survival cannot be beaten. Well, in ODST at least. you were actually a normal human against massive covenant forces like Brutes. In Reach, is was too simple, less intense, and you were just kicking covies around like defenseless puppies.

I guess I wouldn’t want to see Firefight again as a Spartan. It fit best in Halo 3: ODST.

Best rivalry: ODST vs Brutes!

The second part of Season One will tell.

Deleted

I cannot figure out why they can’t have both… I mean, they could probably crank out 2 or 3 full firefight maps in a week if they work solely on them. Maybe they’ll add it in halo 5, or hopefully in a dlc.