Spartan Ops still buggy

So for the longest time, ever since I’ve received my copy of MCC in 2016, Spartan Ops has never worked. It would crash the game the moment I would try to open any level in the menu.

But below and behold, I can finally play it! The last update fixed the issue I’ve been having, and I can finally actually play a Spartan Ops level.

But here’s the bad part. Now none of my progress saves. I have no idea what’s going on, but this game seems to really hate it when I try to play Spartan Ops. I’ve yet to see the results through the Steam version just cause I’ve been lazy, but progress has been made!!

I used to get this same thing when I was trying to complete all the episodes, I didn’t really care though because I’m more of a H5 Player.

Seeing as you’re referring to the disc version, and not Steam/PC, I’m thinking this may not apply to your experience specifically. Nonetheless, it may be worth mentioning that a similar thing has unfolded in the past on the Steam/PC version, at least for myself anyways. Although the reason for why it happens I’m going to speculate is different. Most issues I’ve had with Spartan Ops boiled down to simply not having all files downloaded. So if ever you do go through the steam version, make sure you have both Campaign and Multiplayer downloaded, otherwise you’ll have some issues. If that issue persists, uninstalling the files and reinstalling them helped for me.

Seeing as you also say the issues have been fixed, I’m having the feeling this this may not be relevant, but oh well.

Cheers!

I’m really happy to hear that you’ve been able to play it on Halo MCC. I’ve yet to try it out. It’s on the list of items to complete prior to Halo Infinite being released. I hope that when I go through and play Spartan Ops that it’s nice and smooth for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Spartan Ops is “broken” this season where in the mission select it isn’t updating that you completed a mission. However if you check your achievement progress, you should see that it is still being counted, it’s just not being marked down

> 2533274884944951;5:
> Spartan Ops is “broken” this season where in the mission select it isn’t updating that you completed a mission. However if you check your achievement progress, you should see that it is still being counted, it’s just not being marked down

Ouch. It seems like Spartan Ops just as a whole was really forgotten about and never had the chance to shine. If it returned in Halo Infinite I would go bananas surely.

> 2533274823950531;6:
> > 2533274884944951;5:
> > Spartan Ops is “broken” this season where in the mission select it isn’t updating that you completed a mission. However if you check your achievement progress, you should see that it is still being counted, it’s just not being marked down
>
> Ouch. It seems like Spartan Ops just as a whole was really forgotten about and never had the chance to shine. If it returned in Halo Infinite I would go bananas surely.

I summarize Spartan Ops as a mission that continuously overstays its welcome. I liked it back in the Halo 4 days but when I got Smooth Operator this season, I realized how poorly the mode is designed and it sucks because I do like the idea of your Spartan actually doing real missions

> 2533274884944951;7:
> > 2533274823950531;6:
> > > 2533274884944951;5:
> > > Spartan Ops is “broken” this season where in the mission select it isn’t updating that you completed a mission. However if you check your achievement progress, you should see that it is still being counted, it’s just not being marked down
> >
> > Ouch. It seems like Spartan Ops just as a whole was really forgotten about and never had the chance to shine. If it returned in Halo Infinite I would go bananas surely.
>
> I summarize Spartan Ops as a mission that continuously overstays its welcome. I liked it back in the Halo 4 days but when I got Smooth Operator this season, I realized how poorly the mode is designed and it sucks because I do like the idea of your Spartan actually doing real missions

This is a really good point. Thank you.

So update with Spartan Ops, I played the Steam version, and now it’s worse. Now it’s not showing ANY progress at all. Unplayed everything. At least on console, it showed the ones I was able to access previously, now it just doesn’t show any progress. Help?

From my own experience and other posts I’ve read this seems to be a widespread issue. It just doesn’t seem to track it right now. I think the achievements tied to spartan ops still track, although sometimes not perfectly, but the in game and on waypoint parts don’t track right now. My hope is we get a bug fix for that in the big season 8 update.