Spartan Ops Season 2

Possible Spoilers for the Escalation comics

I know the topic has been discussed before, but with the lacking of fun single player/ co-op game modes, Halo 5 really needs something else to keep players around. Of course the first season of Spartan Ops didn’t sell very well, and I understand why, improperly reused maps, no checkpoints or any kind of punishment for death. The cutscenes were great though.

So my idea to make a Second Season work. Focus on Majestic, the new Majestic led by Thorne, (Thorne, Hoya, Grant and Ray. Lose Madsen, that guy’s a tool.) both in cutscenes, and gameplay, the same 4 player co-op system seen in the campaign, and use the opportunity to tell the story of how Infinity reunites, or tries to, with Chief, Locke, and Palmer on Sanghelios.

They can use the maps from arena and Warzone as segments to build around for the missions, maybe even show the lore and locations behind these places. It doesn’t have to be as long as the first season, just long enough to sate the fans, and tie the stories together.

Those are my thoughts and ideas. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I’d be interested to hear them.

I’d like to see Spartan Ops, but I think we’re way too far into H5’s life to add something so large. People would complain about the 10GB they have to download and how “nobody wanted this”, “343 is dumb spartan ops suck” etc.

The story you suggested would be awesome, I just don’t think it’s realistic at this point unfortunately

No spartan ops will never return unfortunately imo. After all the negative feedback from the community 343 got from spartan ops in halo 4 they aren’t gonna make the same mistake again.

I want it to focus more on “our” Spartans than majestic. If you’re playing solo, there should be a way to customize your teammates and it would use the same squad mechanics as the campaign.

Just don’t let Brian Reed write the script…

> 2533274821761464;2:
> I’d like to see Spartan Ops, but I think we’re way too far into H5’s life to add something so large. People would complain about the 10GB they have to download and how “nobody wanted this”, “343 is dumb spartan ops suck” etc.
>
> The story you suggested would be awesome, I just don’t think it’s realistic at this point unfortunately

Good point, it is pretty late in the current lifespan, though that is pretty sad that a games lifespan is like six months now. Spartan Ops S2, in my mind would or could, be a paid DLC, thus optional for those who want it, and to spend the time downloading. As for the “fans” complaining, they’ll complain about anything and everything, if only to hear their own voice. They’d stand in the rain, and complain it’s wet. 343i just needs to stick to their guns and learn from the actual criticism. Improve on Spartan Ops, and season 2 could be great and successful. Thanks for the feedback.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Just don’t let Brian Reed write the script…

Agreed.

> 2533274811483473;6:
> > 2533274821761464;2:
> > I’d like to see Spartan Ops, but I think we’re way too far into H5’s life to add something so large. People would complain about the 10GB they have to download and how “nobody wanted this”, “343 is dumb spartan ops suck” etc.
> >
> > The story you suggested would be awesome, I just don’t think it’s realistic at this point unfortunately
>
>
> Good point, it is pretty late in the current lifespan, though that is pretty sad that a games lifespan is like six months now. Spartan Ops S2, in my mind would or could, be a paid DLC, thus optional for those who want it, and to spend the time downloading. As for the “fans” complaining, they’ll complain about anything and everything, if only to hear their own voice. They’d stand in the rain, and complain it’s wet. 343i just needs to stick to their guns and learn from the actual criticism. Improve on Spartan Ops, and season 2 could be great and successful. Thanks for the feedback.

I’d probably buy it if it was paid DLC, but again alot of people would complain about it (as you said the community would stand in the rain and complain it’s wet). I’m not sure the demand is high enough. What we can hope for at this point is H6 to include it.

I’d buy it, long as it was as good as the last SpOps was.

> 2533274821761464;8:
> > 2533274811483473;6:
> > > 2533274821761464;2:
> > > I’d like to see Spartan Ops, but I think we’re way too far into H5’s life to add something so large. People would complain about the 10GB they have to download and how “nobody wanted this”, “343 is dumb spartan ops suck” etc.
> > >
> > > The story you suggested would be awesome, I just don’t think it’s realistic at this point unfortunately
> >
> >
> > Good point, it is pretty late in the current lifespan, though that is pretty sad that a games lifespan is like six months now. Spartan Ops S2, in my mind would or could, be a paid DLC, thus optional for those who want it, and to spend the time downloading. As for the “fans” complaining, they’ll complain about anything and everything, if only to hear their own voice. They’d stand in the rain, and complain it’s wet. 343i just needs to stick to their guns and learn from the actual criticism. Improve on Spartan Ops, and season 2 could be great and successful. Thanks for the feedback.
>
>
> I’d probably buy it if it was paid DLC, but again alot of people would complain about it (as you said the community would stand in the rain and complain it’s wet). I’m not sure the demand is high enough. What we can hope for at this point is H6 to include it.

I’m not really sure it’s in high enough demand either to be honest. I’m just sitting around thinking, “Man, I want to play Halo, but I’m sick of the campaign, and don’t want to play multiplayer right now.” In previous Halo’s we had options, between Firefight and SparOps S1. A season 2 might not be high in demand, but i think enough people feel like I do that it would sell. As long as the price is fair, (Lets say 2-3 hours, $14.99.) and they wait until after the free DLC is done. But I do agree, Halo 6 is our best hope for it. I just hope we get it in some form.

SPARTAN OPS​:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

> 2533275010563221;11:
> SPARTAN OPS​:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

Please don’t revive old topics thanks