Spartan Ops Season 2?

Am I the only one who has been hoping and waiting for a second season of Spartan Ops? With the way the are doing War zone I think they could really improve SO.

I don’t want 343 to waste resources on what amounts to nothing more than a second campaign mode.

> 2533274876456769;2:
> I don’t want 343 to waste resources on what amounts to nothing more than a second campaign mode.

A second campaign mode that takes place on places in the campaign and in mp maps

> 2533274946184160;3:
> > 2533274876456769;2:
> > I don’t want 343 to waste resources on what amounts to nothing more than a second campaign mode.
>
>
> A second campaign mode that takes place on places in the campaign and in mp maps

So? The levels still play out like campaign missions. I’d rather resources are focused on a more expansive main campaign and new multiplayer modes.

SO could have cloud destruction like crackdown so hell yeah.

Yeah, sorry to “burst your bubble” but spartan ops wasn’t that popular
It had great support from the community before Halo 4 was released but when we realized it was just recycled maps it kinda got boring and tedious.
I would also like to see 343i do something else…something better.

It was a pretty cool way of giving us extra content. It was just too repetitive for me.

Well, I for one loved Spartan Ops. I kinda wish I could play them offline though.

I don’t have a source but when 343 announced no elites they also said no firefight or Spartan ops

No thanks. Writing wasn’t all that, and most missions weren’t worth replaying. Although there were some good that had better gameplay than some of the Campaign. And besides, Majestic team has had their leader re-purposed to voice Fred. Which, something really bothers me about people’s reaction to Fred’s voice.

Spartan Ops - Nobody cares about the voice actor of Majestic Leader.
H5 - All of a sudden he says two words as Fred and his voice is amazing.

Goes to show that the coat of paint matters.

> 2533274912254619;10:
> No thanks. Writing wasn’t all that, and most missions weren’t worth replaying. Although there were some good that had better gameplay than some of the Campaign. And besides, Majestic team has had their leader re-purposed to voice Fred. Which, something really bothers me about people’s reaction to Fred’s voice.
>
> Spartan Ops - Nobody cares about the voice actor of Majestic Leader.
> H5 - All of a sudden he says two words as Fred and his voice is amazing.
>
> Goes to show that the coat of paint matters.

the story in Spartan ops wasn’t interesting till the end anyway. Even then, the point of Spartan ops was firefight with a story. Most missions “story’s” didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. The only exception was the whole chapter where you fought on infinity

Season 2 has already been done, although as comics since the first season was a disaster.

It even says Spartan Ops Season 2 on them… Their actually quite a good read tbh. But definitly works better as comics rather than a “Do this level a couple of times then return in a few levels time” 2nd campaign.

Spartan Ops was too ambitious. There just don’t exist enough resources to pull it off adequately. At minimum, each level would have to be completely unique for it to work. Moreover, the gameplay would have to be engaging, which means putting a lot of effort into designing encounters. Confining the whole mission to a small area really doesn’t work either. 343i would essentially have to produce campaign quality content on a very fast schedule, which just isn’t possible, because quality generally tends to be inversely proportional to quantity.

I enjoyed Spartan Ops it has its flaws, but liked the concept of it and would like for them to try and improve on it instead of giving up on it

> 2533274825830455;13:
> Spartan Ops was too ambitious. There just don’t exist enough resources to pull it off adequately. At minimum, each level would have to be completely unique for it to work. Moreover, the gameplay would have to be engaging, which means putting a lot of effort into designing encounters. Confining the whole mission to a small area really doesn’t work either. 343i would essentially have to produce campaign quality content on a very fast schedule, which just isn’t possible, because quality generally tends to be inversely proportional to quantity.

Yeah I agree, however I would like some more kick -Yoink- cutscenes like the ones they had in Season 1. Maybe do some flashbacks to Blue team missions, or even Osiris missions. Heck they may have already done this with terminals and other easter eggs.

> 2533274830733064;7:
> It was a pretty cool way of giving us extra content. It was just too repetitive for me.

I would’ve been happy with just the cutscenes.

> 2533274814635636;16:
> > 2533274830733064;7:
> > It was a pretty cool way of giving us extra content. It was just too repetitive for me.
>
>
> I would’ve been happy with just the cutscenes.

Exactly.

They do need to bc one thing fps do is forget to boost campaign with dlc plus doesn’t seem like they were done with it. But it was mentioned warzone was supposed to kinda cover that idk.

I thought Spartan Ops was a poor replacement for Firefight. I had way more fun playing Firefight and would have preferred if they would have just expanded on it. I’m all for trying something new but Spartan Ops was boring for me aside from the cutscenes. I’m fine with it not returning. Warzone looks like a much better trade off.

I think a lot of people were really looking forward to Spartan Ops but when it finally arrived, it was not as great as we all thought it would be.

> 2533274794290058;1:
> Am I the only one who has been hoping and waiting for a second season of Spartan Ops? With the way the are doing War zone I think they could really improve SO.

Season 2 of Spartan Ops is actually the Escalation comic series.