Spartan Ops Season 2 Cancelled

I have heard from a couple of people on other forums around the internet that 343 have confirmed that there won’t be a second season of Spartan Ops on Halo 4, but I haven’t been able to find anything on this when searching for news on this myself.

Is this just a rumour or have 343 actually said this? If anyone can provide a link I would be most grateful.

Can’t cancel something that doesn’t exist. 343i simply has no plans for a second season YET.

> Can’t cancel something that doesn’t exist. 343i simply has no plans for a second season YET.

Second this, they’ve been pretty open about telling us they don’t currently have any plans for a season 2.

Sorry about the title. It wouldn’t let me just use Spartan Ops Season 2, and I couldn’t think of another word. I realise that you can’t cancel something that hasn’t been started.

I was wondering if it had been officially called off or stated as not going to happen etc. According to the source that lead me to asking the question on these forums was:

Source: “I would also definitely be willing to pay up to $15 for a second full Season of Spartan Ops. But 343 has already confirmed that they don’t plan on making one.”

Me: " When did they say that?"

Source: “Multiple Forums and Blogs on Halo Waypoint and mentioned it last night in a Live Stream of Castle Map Pack - how they had no more DLC planned or created for Halo 4, Castle was the last of it.”

That source was -Yoinking!- wrong. 343i just said they have no plans for a Season 2 at this moment, but the story of Crimson and the Infinity will continue.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/03/28/The-Halo-Bulletin-32813.aspx

Seems like a spin off type deal, like reach or odst.
Wouldn’t mind either way myself.

> That source was -Yoinking!- wrong. 343i just said they have no plans for a Season 2 at this moment, but the story of Crimson and the Infinity will continue.
>
> http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/03/28/The-Halo-Bulletin-32813.aspx

Ah OK. I suppose he could have just misinterpreted the no plans part. Thanks for clearing that up. :slight_smile: I hope that they will make a season 2 as the ending of Season 1 adds lots of possibilities for interesting new storylines.

There aren’t enough people playing Halo 4 to make any money off a second season, so they’ll roll the planned content into the next title.

Source: some guy on the internet