<mark>Wait !!! I know what it sounds like, Hear me out. Trust me I’ve thouth this through…well sort of.</mark>
While playing the newest episode I made strange realisation which admittedly a lot of people might not share or even like.Halo 4’s Spartan ops really doesn’t offer anything from a gameplay perceptive,sure the cutsecenes look awesome an all but ultimately what will keep a fair amount of people back to playing it will be the gameplay.
Obviously Bungie’s customisation Firefight options are out and rellying on the cutscenes to make Halo 4’s spartan ops awesome isnt having the intended effect looking at the staistics(People are more likely look up the episodes on youtube rather than play the mission.)
If you really think about it 343 has already implemented an RPG element with Halo 4 multiplayer, not a particularly good one mind you.In my opinion Halo 4 is trying to have two design philosophy’s in multiplayer the balanced and fair (old) and the new,fresh and unpredictable and for the most parts(Infinity salyer) it kinda works but I cant help that if 343i doesnt follow the cod/battlefield and followed another path in evolution then Halo 4 might been greater.
My proposal was that Halo 4 should take advantage of its scifi elements and use its popularity to break light RPG elements into the main stream.
In depth look at how it might work:
What Im going for is a mix between old Halo balanced nature with Mass effect 3’s multiplayer customizability.
[/li]- The RPG aspects rely on 4 things
The Point system from Halo 4/5 as currency
The rank system. Preferably something like Halo 3/Reach
A matchmaking system (Easier said than done)
- How it plays*
When you log into spartan ops for the first time, all primary and secondary weapons are unlocked to encourage custmasation.
Once you reach level level 10 the Spartan Armoury starts to unlock Armour attachments which might include
- Extended Magazine- All primary and secondary weapons(UNSC)
- 20 % Damage Boost- All primary and secondary weapons(UNSC)
- Scope Upgrades- For Ranged weapons(UNSC, covernent and Forerunner)
Once you reach level 30/Sargent you unlock another set
- Extended energy pack (more bullets)- All primary and secondary weapons (Covernent an forerunner)
- Bigger overcharage range for pistols- For both plasma pistol and boltshot
Please note that each weapon has one upgrade slot meaning you can only have one active at a time for each weapon.
All amour abiliies unlocked from box.
When you reach level 20, The first set of upgrades unlock
- Extended battery for Invisibility (By 5 seconds)
- Riot shi…Harlight shield durability increased
- Promethean Vision range increased and lasts longer
- Thruster pack thrusts bigger distances
- Jetpack Lasts longer (However if Im allowed to design the enemies ,you 'll just make yourself a sitting duck, especially on higher difficulties)
- Hologram takes more damage before disapearing
- Auto turrnt last longer
Level 40 set upgrades
- Active Camo- You can now sprint with active camo on
- Hardlight- Hardlight shield now deflects damage back at enemies but as a result last shorter amount of time
- Promethean Vision- recharges faster
- Thruster pack- takes less energy and recharges faster
- Jetpack -recharges faster
- Auto turrent- Can build a unsc miniture auto turrent
Specilaisation Ability Upgrade (1 of 3 tiers)
- Active Camo-Shield enrgy in diverted to armour and weapons.This means damage done while active camo is on is doubled but you are incredibly vulnerable while its on
- Hardlight shield-Hardlight shield now allows users to overshield while active and if shields are down recharges them however mobility is decreased and power depletes very quickly
- PV- Promethean vision now works with ranged scoped weopons and allows player to mark enemies
- Thruster pack - Thruster now come with melee/pushback effect if you thrust towards an enemy howevr half your shields are used.
- Auto turrent- you an now build heavy class auto turrents which includes a chain gun. However you can only build one at a time
- Hologram- sends an Emp pulse when depleted friendly fire possible.
Armour unlocks staggeredly according to your rank and you can buy it using spartan points.
Level 50 specilisations
Rather Than unlocking an armour set you unlock an armour schematic which augements the armour your currently wearing.
Stalker schematic- Recomnded for recconisence personel.
- Increases Pv duration and Invisibility duration increased
- Decreases shield strength by 20%
- Increases player base speed by 15%
- Unlimited sprint
- Granades are more effective
Operative Schematic-Recomended for Special Tactics Spartan groups
- Increases player base speed by 8%
- Increases ammo and damage for rifle and sniper rifles by 10%
- Increases Hologram and jetpack duration
- Increases resistance to overcharge shots when in vehicle
Engineer- Recomended For special Repair and Rescue Spartan personel
- Increases Player shields
- Increases auto turrent damage
- Increases Turrent Range
- If hard light shield is equiped you can deploy a bubble shield instead
Infantry- Recomended for Spartan Infantry units
- Increases player base shields
- Increase automatic Rifle (Any) Damage by 20%
- Increases all other weapon damage by 5 %
- Increases Thruster melee damage
- Base speed Normal
- Increases Hard Light Shield duration
- Heavy rocket weapons track all vehicles
<mark>You can only Have one schematic active at a time!!</mark>
This is just a rough design , what you guys think?