Spartan Ops Players

There’s just something I don’t understand about them. I assume the only mentality of people searching in the playlist is “I’m getting 6k exp anyway, might as well make it impossible for the other three players to enjoy themselves.”

Honestly at this point all i feel like doing is playing Spartan Ops missions to level myself when matchmaking annoys me. But for the past 15 games of The Cauldron Base, EVERY SINGLE MATCH had at least one player, if not more, that would spend the entire match lobbing grenades at my warthog, getting in the driver seat and driving off of the cliff (most of the time by themselves, since I can get out fast enough) or grabbing a concussion rifle or sword and unloading on the vehicle.

Even if i’m on foot they still unload their weapons on me or try their hardest to walk in front of me if i’m standing still for more than 2 seconds.

Matchmaking already annoys me, now the only other escape in this game gets ruined with bad sportsmanship combined with the lag of Co-Op.

Just what the hell happened in the past few years, gaming communities went to crap. /captainobvious

I would much rather have these players get 5-10 kills and afk the entire match.

/rant

People are jerks and that is one thing that is impossible to fix and plagues every single game.

So upon asking a player “So, what was the problem with me being in a warthog?”

The answer I got?

“you looked funny…awk”

So it seems the entire Spartan Ops community is 7yo, although this doesn’t shock me one bit. If only there could be an actual age restriction in multiplayer…

If you had made this post 5 minutes ago I would have worried you were the guy I intentionally ran over - Though that was merely frustration at all you have spoken in your OP and that this guy blew my warthog up first hand, so I then ran him over and the rest of the match was him trying desperately to run me back over.

Was fun but not for the other player trying, though we did win still.

I really cherish the games that people work as a team and as Spartans. :slight_smile:

My biggest problem are the players that AFK. Makes me so angry. If I see a player AFK i just leave the game. I feel sry for the other players in the game but I’m not boosting anyone.

Why don’t you just play alone or with friends? It doesn’t matter if you get 3k or 6k EXP, right?

I’ve watched my brother play Spartan Ops a lot and there’s way too many idiots who just blow up his vehicles or try to run him over, even though he’s just following the objectives and not causing trouble.

Like Leroyvl just said, you could just play alone or with friends (I mostly solo it so no jerks ruin the game).

> Why don’t you just play alone or with friends? It doesn’t matter if you get 3k or 6k EXP, right?

It kinda matters because I usually get 7k - 7180.

> > Why don’t you just play alone or with friends? It doesn’t matter if you get 3k or 6k EXP, right?
>
> It kinda matters because I usually get 7k - 7180.

Same here. Usually i get 7.1k when playing with other 2.

I’ve been doing Spartan Ops alone on Legendary since Episode 3. It’s too laggy to play online. And I’d never bother matchmaking when I have a friends list to play with. But like I said, too laggy, so I don’t bother.

> I’ve been doing Spartan Ops alone on Legendary since Episode 3. It’s too laggy to play online. And I’d never bother matchmaking when I have a friends list to play with. But like I said, too laggy, so I don’t bother.

But the amount of xp you get is ridiculous. At Legendary o you take 1 hour to finish and get’s only 3k of xp, you get 10x more in 40 minutes. So, if you want to post, go Spartan Ops with ur friends.

I’ve complained about this before, but last night I had the worst experience so far. After this turd dumped the hog into the cauldron 3 times in a row because I jumped into the back, then getting splattered a couple of times, i
realized that he was in a party of three. I angrily torched their hog with plasmas.
They then spent the game trying to splatter me and blow up the rest of the vehicles. Then they spent another 10 minutes at the end of the game putting the hogs on the edge of the cauldron to spawn-trap me to keep me from ending the chapter - which is actually almost funny this morning - but they did so while sending me homophobic and racist text messages.
343, please for the love of god turn on friendly fire so we can boot these DBs!

> My biggest problem are the players that AFK. Makes me so angry. If I see a player AFK i just leave the game. I feel sry for the other players in the game but I’m not boosting anyone.

When I see an AFK player I either push them off cliffs, push them into the battle so they can die or run them over. It’s what they get for AFKing. :slight_smile:

I’ll take AFKers over TKers every time. Whatever, take your XP on my dime, I’ll get my commendations that much faster. At least they’re not interfering with MY play.

> > > Why don’t you just play alone or with friends? It doesn’t matter if you get 3k or 6k EXP, right?
> >
> > It kinda matters because I usually get 7k - 7180.
>
> Same here. Usually i get 7.1k when playing with other 2.

EXP does not matter! You’re playing for fun, or at least that’s what you should be doing.
You don’t buy a game to get top level, it just happens, while you are having fun and enjoying the game, play solo/with friends, more time having fun before you reach top level and then get no EXP…

> > > > Why don’t you just play alone or with friends? It doesn’t matter if you get 3k or 6k EXP, right?
> > >
> > > It kinda matters because I usually get 7k - 7180.
> >
> > Same here. Usually i get 7.1k when playing with other 2.
>
> EXP does not matter! You’re playing for fun, or at least that’s what you should be doing.
> You don’t buy a game to get top level, it just happens, while you are having fun and enjoying the game, play solo/with friends, more time having fun before you reach top level and then get no EXP…

So you’re telling me what’s fun to do?

I think it’s fun getting rewarded for playing the game. I also think it’s nice to get to the highest rank in the game.

It’s like I would tell you that golf is the best sport in the world and you can’t play any other sports because golf is number 1.

> People are jerks and that is one thing that is impossible to fix and plagues every single game.

Change Banhammer to go after jerks. Problem solved.

> > EXP does not matter! You’re playing for fun, or at least that’s what you should be doing.
> > You don’t buy a game to get top level, it just happens, while you are having fun and enjoying the game, play solo/with friends, more time having fun before you reach top level and then get no EXP…
>
> So you’re telling me what’s fun to do?
>
> I think it’s fun getting rewarded for playing the game. I also think it’s nice to get to the highest rank in the game.
>
> It’s like I would tell you that golf is the best sport in the world and you can’t play any other sports because golf is number 1.

I never said you can’t go play another game. But are you saying you bought the game just to get top rank? What are you going to do then? If you can’t earn EXP then, according to you the game is not fun anymore…

That seems to happen to me all the time. I guess its karma for me though from back when this first happened to me. A few weeks ago I was in a ghost and this one guy blew it up with a rocket launcher. I got in another ghost and he did it again. He then got in a ghost and splattered me twice. I was ticked by this point so the next time I got a ghost I started splattering him over and over for the rest of the match (probably around six minutes of repeated splattering).

> > > EXP does not matter! You’re playing for fun, or at least that’s what you should be doing.
> > > You don’t buy a game to get top level, it just happens, while you are having fun and enjoying the game, play solo/with friends, more time having fun before you reach top level and then get no EXP…
> >
> > So you’re telling me what’s fun to do?
> >
> > I think it’s fun getting rewarded for playing the game. I also think it’s nice to get to the highest rank in the game.
> >
> > It’s like I would tell you that golf is the best sport in the world and you can’t play any other sports because golf is number 1.
>
> I never said you can’t go play another game. But are you saying you bought the game just to get top rank? What are you going to do then? If you can’t earn EXP then, according to you the game is not fun anymore…

No, but having a goal to play towards is fun. Not having anything to play towards gets boring for me.