Spartan Ops Mission Possibilities...?

Got any?
Personally, I think there needs to be more vehicle action. The only one so far that really had vehicle action was the first mission in episode one…which was a lot of fun for me, even after grinding xp for hours. It reminded me of the mission in campaign where you on the big godzilla-like apc going through the valleys, which was fun. And THAT mission reminded me of the mission in Halo Wars where you are on the desert planet with an Elephant fighting off the flood while you build up a base and sent out parties of marines to find other Elephants. Anyway, just thought some more missions like that would be pretty cool.

…This is probably asking for a million dollars, but perhaps a Spartan Ops mission where there are pelicans instead of just one story mission?

Off topic: has anyone noticed that with the energy sword, when you hit a wall, ceiling, or the ground, it drains no energy, but when you hit anything at all that would be placable in forge (as opposed to other players/npc’s) it will still drain the energy? I hit a plasma pistol on the ground and energy was drained. I also hit glass flooring and energy was drained. A crate, ect.

I agree, more vehicle action is needed. The first episode got my hopes up.

First time I played online with other people, I managed to grab a Wraith and one of the other players hopped in gunner, we held that thing for a long time while our other two teammates kept spawning on us. It was awesome.

> I agree, more vehicle action is needed. The first episode got my hopes up.
>
> First time I played online with other people, I managed to grab a Wraith and one of the other players hopped in gunner, we held that thing for a long time while our other two teammates kept spawning on us. It was awesome.

Managed to get into a game once where all 3 warthogs were being used. That was pretty badass :smiley: I think I had an npc gunner, as did one of the other players, and the last 2 players were in the same one. We were tearing -Yoink- up. After a while, I learned I like the npc gunners better. Though they don’t shoot until you’re up close and personal with the enemy, they do have superior accuracy over human players, especially with the gauss hog lmao.

343I said they will listen to Spartan Ops feedback. so we better say what we want from next missions.

One other suggestion I have for SO is some way to continue into the next mission with your match-made teammates. A few times I’ve had really good teams and I want to continue with them but there’s no real way to do so apart from partying up (which people often don’t want to do).

…I hope you don’t mean ONLY Spartan Ops. I haven’t listened to the news. Please tell me they are gonna take advice for War Games from all the players as well?

As for more missions, aside from the big open desert mission from story mode/Halo Wars that I mentioned, I’d also like to see something like this:

A mission with pelicans (might be asking too much)
A mission based 3000% on vehicle warfare, where all four players have tanks against tons of enemy vehicles/infantry.
A mission fighting through the Infinity (can take place around the same time that the Infinity is breached in story mode)
A mission where you are scouting the forest when the Infinity crashes into the ground in story.
A mission where you board a covey ship, or something like that, I dunno.
A mission taking place in some underground cave system (don’t know how it might fit in, but sure something could be thought of. I think it would be awesome.
A mission where we have to defend a marine base against waves of enemies and keep defenses up…kind of like a Dominion game but in Spartan Ops.

Edit: Also perhaps a mission where one of the players has to hold a bomb while you assault an enemy base, and then fight your way out before it blows up (probably couldn’t be incorperated into game play until they add a limited number of lives, ect.

I really want to see the Mantis in Spartan Ops. Maybe even the Pelican or Broadsword, if they could make that work…

Mantises would be pretty awesome.

Understanding Spartan Ops and the way it works. I can understand the lack of vehicles. The Spartan Ops missions are all recycled pieces of the same levels dressed up to look and play differently. An attentive player might even notice what part of campaign a certain level is recycled from. The reason the first chapter reminds you of the mission with the Mammoth. Is because you’re playing on the same map.

Tacky as it sounds, they pull it off really well. But from the maps I’ve seen so far, I don’t see a lot of space for vehicle gameplay except the map provided in the first Chapter of Episode 1.

What I’m hoping for, is that as the Spartan Ops story progresses, more Maps are added. Right now we only have one “Map” that features vehicles. If they want to continue this for 52 episodes, the current maps will soon become very repetitive and boring. So, I’m willing to bet there are already more maps, and we’ll see them in later episodes.

This is my theory, and what I’m hoping for. The Spartan Ops story has just started, lets see how it goes. Crimson is in for an adventure just like Master Chief.

I hope you understand that Spartan Ops is already limited to what’s available in the Campaign for terrain and maps. The inside of the Infinity and the area leading up to it (The places you drove a Scorpion and Mantis in Campaign) would be possible large vehicle levels.

1. I would like to see some night missions or in a Hurricane using the Pelican where the players land on a Forerunner artifact in the ocean or a massive lake and you have to clear it like an Oil Rig mission.

2. Definitely want to have some Covenant storming the Infinity and we get to play through hallways and infrastructure to repel their invasion.

3. I so want a mission using the Broad Swords.

4. A rescue mission where we free prisoners of war from an internment camp.

5. A mission where we have to snipe an officer without detection and gather intel then it cumulates into a massive FUBAR and we gotta run for it in Warthogs while being chased by an army of Banshees and Ghosts.

6. I would love a Indiana Jones mission where the players have to explore a Forerunner site and we get a moment when a trap is sprung and we’re all chased by some sort of Kill Ball while trying to escape.

Sadly I don’t see any of that happening. Frak!

I’d love to see some epic missions, not ones where they rehash the campaign enviornments.

I would love to see things that rival the campaign in terms of epicness.

Remember driving out of the tunnel and all of a sudden a giant Covenant cruiser flies over you?

Remember the scene in ODST where you’re driving across the bridge and the space lift is falling down?

I want stuff like that!

> 2. Definitely want to have some Covenant storming the Infinity and we get to play through hallways and infrastructure to repel their invasion.

Actually, I like this. This is very possible within the capabilities of Spartan Ops.
There is a lot of mapspace for the interior of the Infinity that was used for the Mantis segment of campaign that most players wouldn’t recognize because… Well, they were in a mantis, fighting towards the center of the ship.

Reverse it, fight our way out against hordes of covenant. A few hunters and elite generals… We have a pretty good, and possible Spartan Op.