Spartan Ops Mission Idea (Spartans vs Nature)

Yeah, according to the Info, there will be 50 Missions on the First Season of Spartan Ops, wich is a lot, and they said that every mission will have different Objectives. What about a Mission when you’re a supposed to Deliver so Cargo to a Requiem Location, but there’s wildlife of Requiem?

I mean, Wildlife like the Guta’s from Reach, not Birds and that Kind of Wildlife. It would be cool to see Prometeans Knights riding animals, and start a Cool Fight of Spartans vs Nature. Yeah, some Animals would be cool.

Someone Agreed?

Not sure about the Prometheans riding animals, but yeah. I could get behind fighting the local wildlife.

Agreed :slight_smile:

Moapocalypse, anyone?

> Yeah, according to the Info, there will be 50 Missions on the First Season of Spartan Ops, wich is a lot, and they said that every mission will have different Objectives. What about a Mission when you’re a supposed to Deliver so Cargo to a Requiem Location, but there’s wildlife of Requiem?
>
> I mean, Wildlife like the Guta’s from Reach, not Birds and that Kind of Wildlife. It would be cool to see <mark>Prometeans Knights riding animals</mark>, and start a Cool Fight of Spartans vs Nature. Yeah, some Animals would be cool.
>
> Someone Agreed?

<mark>lol</mark>

yes I want to see wildlife being a bigger part of Halo

I’d rather Prometheans be beyond the need for such tactics. But, fighting some wild life now and then would be pretty cool. It could even be like its own sub faction(not in canon, but just in game) that differs with every world. Imagine if one day we can play as all factions, and there was one faction known as wild life. That would be SWEET!!! It would probably have to differ with every map, unless its all on the same planet, Halo, or shield world.

I’d love to see a very primitive civilization of caveman-like people. They could ignorantly and foolishly interrupt in battles from time to time.

The trees !! THE TREES… THEY’RE MOVING !!!

Wildlife should never occur directly in combat.

They get in the way, they add to the randomness factor, they break immersion when they show bad pathfinding. They should instead be placed in areas where there’s nothing but a lot of walking/driving. Much more pleasant.

> Wildlife should never occur directly in combat.
>
> They get in the way, they add to the randomness factor, they break immersion when they show bad pathfinding. They should instead be placed in areas where there’s nothing but a lot of walking/driving. Much more pleasant.

awww but I enjoyed riding the giant wildlife in Reach…

I don’t even know why Guetas were in Reach in the first place. They had one scene in the entire game.

Then again, Bungie was having a midlife crisis with Reach, so a lot of their decisions were very questionable.

> I don’t even know why Guetas were in Reach in the first place. They had one scene in the entire game.
>
> Then again, Bungie was having a midlife crisis with Reach, so a lot of their decisions were very questionable.

I was upset they had to cut the squirrels.

I think Bungie wanted the planet to feel lively…who knows.

> Not sure about the Prometheans riding animals, but yeah. I could get behind fighting the local wildlife.

Pretty much this.

I would love a survival-type mission with limited ammo and a hostile natural environment, but Prometheans riding animals would just be silly.

That being said, I wouldn’t be against a Moa-riding enemy as an easter egg

> Wildlife should never occur directly in combat.
>
> They get in the way, they add to the randomness factor, they break immersion when they show bad pathfinding. They should instead be placed in areas where there’s nothing but a lot of walking/driving. Much more pleasant.

I think having some vicious animals interrupting a battle would be fun as hell, probably funny as hell as well.

I said this in my earlier comment as well, I’d love to see a very primitive cave-man-like civilization that interrupts a conflict. Imagine, your about to move in on some covenant, all of a sudden, you see indigenous people throwing spears at them. The elites would probably be fine, the Jackals would be scared with their shields over their heads, and the grunts would be running around getting spears through them. The players would be loving the show. Halo should be as life-like as possible for a sci-fi universe.

I think it would be cooler if there was a mission that wasn’t based around confilct with an enemy, rather you were running to avoid an avalanche or other natural hazards. Maybe there would be covenant along the wang to try and slow you down but the main focus is the earthquake or flood or whatever.

> I think it would be cooler if there was a mission that wasn’t based around confilct with an enemy, rather you were running to avoid an avalanche or other natural hazards. Maybe there would be covenant along the wang to try and slow you down but the main focus is the earthquake or flood or whatever.

Just the idea of having to deal with something other then a living, hostile, threat sounds interesting. Though, with the said 50 missions we are getting, I don’t think we need to sacrifice many ideas.

With over 150 Spartan Ops Missions confirmed, I want to be able to expect anything. Wildlife is a must, but so are force using rogue spartans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

> With over 150 Spartan Ops Missions confirmed, I want to be able to expect anything. Wildlife is a must, but so are force using rogue spartans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not necessarily confirmed, as they haven’t mentioned DLC yet, though it is almost obvious they are going to do so, we only have 50 on the start.

leave out the knights riding animals and im all for it

Yeah, after all any covenant stripped of his/her armour would look just like an ugly random animal. They could use the same AI/pathfinding, only without weapons (obvious). Any land based creature would do, just multiply and add some “strange alien design” to it and you’re set.
Well, it sure would be fun to kill more then just Covenant and aliens from Metroid/Crysis one in a while (pun intended)

> With over 150 Spartan Ops Missions confirmed, I want to be able to expect anything. Wildlife is a must, but so are force using rogue spartans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lawl spartans with lightsabers killing everything with force lightning and leading clone troopers= the most badass movie scene ever/spartan ops mission ever/easter egg ever.

Lots of /'s