Spartan Ops matchmaking - Difficulty select?

Is there a way to choose your difficulty when you try to find a Spartan Ops game, or are you always stuck with Heroic? I want to get them done on Legendary, and would rather not do them solo.

Not that I know of. I was disappointed by this too. I had to do all the chapters legendary solo to get the achievement. It wasn’t too hard, but annoying that I couldn’t get legendary with other players.

Before the 6th, it was always on legendary, it gave us 6K credits at each game, but they changed it to heroic.

Yeah…I wish you could select the difficulty too…and I would love scoring to return as well.

You have unlimited spawns so solo shouldn’t be that hard, but still it’s more fun with other players.

> <mark>You have unlimited spawns</mark> so solo shouldn’t be that hard, but still it’s more fun with other players.

Yeah, that’s another thing that I am not thrilled about. I would love a mode that you have a set number of lives and if you go through them you have to restart at a check point. I am digging the story so far has a SG Universe feel to it to me. I hope they go to interesting places with the story. It has huge potential. It needs more character develop still though. I don’t yet feel as though I KNOW the characters.

I hope it can really bridge the gap between campaigns.

> > <mark>You have unlimited spawns</mark> so solo shouldn’t be that hard, but still it’s more fun with other players.
>
> Yeah, that’s another thing that I am not thrilled about. I would love a mode that you have a set number of lives and if you go through them you have to restart at a check point. I am digging the story so far has a SG Universe feel to it to me. I hope they go to interesting places with the story. It has huge potential. I hope it can really bridge the gap between campaigns.

Agreed.

Hopefully they’ll add a kind of Spartan Ops playlist set, with different game options.

hopefully they’ll add the optin to vote for difficulty and other such things

> > <mark>You have unlimited spawns</mark> so solo shouldn’t be that hard, but still it’s more fun with other players.
>
> Yeah, that’s another thing that I am not thrilled about. I would love a mode that you have a set number of lives and if you go through them you have to restart at a check point. I am digging the story so far has a SG Universe feel to it to me. I hope they go to interesting places with the story. It has huge potential. It needs more character develop still though. I don’t yet feel as though I KNOW the characters.
>
> I hope it can really bridge the gap between campaigns.

Yup, that’s the only thing I’m disappointed with in Spartan Ops. I was thinking it was going to be a checkpoint system, or at least have a lives system…but as is, it’s basically Arcade Firefight with mission objectives.

I like being able to lose, otherwise there really isn’t much challenge. You can literally just throw your body on plasma rounds until you kill every enemy in the area. Hopefully future episodes have the option for a lives sytem.