Spartan Ops is a pointless waste of time

I’d rather play halo 3’s campaign over and over again 6 times than play just 1 mission of spartan ops, first of all you have infinite lives which is stupid because it means theres no challenge, you just run in and randomly tap the right trigger a few times and win, the onyl way to lose is quit which i will be honest, the challenge of spartan ops is to keep playing the game itself for it is boring and all the missions are basicly the same, kill stuff press a few switches etc. all the maps are ripped from the campaign and though i understand that there is and entire season to do they could have made some exclusive maps for spartan ops.

another thing i was hoping for was more variety. have us drive an elephant perhaps or that vehicle on mission 5 of the campaign and how about a mission in a sabre or seraph where you get to go into space and shoot enemy ships or even a vehicle mission where you have to chase down an elite zealot or an important promethean knight in a warthog or something. just come up with something original 343, this is the one and only new feature that was added to halo 4, halo 2 had online, halo 3 had forge, halo reach had firefight but this is just lame yeah i know i’ve only seen the start but 343 want people to pay for season 2 then they’re gonna have to make season 1 good, i wouldn’t want to pay for repetitive filler missions, in fact i’d rather bring back firefight and make it firefight limited again, that was fun, 343 just seem to thing that
fun = winning which is wrong if it’s not even a tad challenging it’s not fun.

in fact i feel ashamed to have been fooled into purchasing a game that merely patches a few holes in the gameplay and has a cool space forge map filled with kill barriers but i’ll suppose i’ll have to make do now, i’m just disappointed quite frankly though to be honest it was predicted, the sole reason why i bought this game was because of impact and to bring back the old halo with less lagg.

I kind of like SOps.
Give me my achievements!

You had me until you said limited. That was the most boring low population reach playlist ever. Objective would beat it, on any given day. Why dont you give it a few more weeks, its already becoming more challenging than the first week, never have i seen a more impatient group of individuals in my life.

Nothing wrong with SpartanOps if your playing it for the team work factor, if you don’t enjoy it then don’t play it.
I can relate to that. It’s just like me deciding back when Halo 3 came out to stay away from match made games since they are a rediculous footrace to the power weapons on the map with a rifle butt to the back of the head from a team mate as the reward for whoever gets there first.

> Why dont you give it a few more weeks.

because it’s clearly not fun, the game may as well play itself all i need to do is deathcrawl to win it’s no fun, 343 need to know that winning all the time isn’t always fun, there needs to be a challenge.

> Nothing wrong with SpartanOps if your playing it for the team work factor

you want teamwork? play halo 3 ODST’s firefight, that was awesome it just sucks that it didn’t have a matchmaking for it, then came along firefight arcade >.<.

> > Why dont you give it a few more weeks.
>
> because it’s clearly not fun, the game may as well play itself all i need to do is deathcrawl to win it’s no fun, 343 need to know that winning all the time isn’t always fun, there needs to be a challenge.

So dying and restarting is a much better alternative to dying and respawning?

Huh. People will complain about anything nowadays.

This thread is a point less waste of time.

Your move huckleberry.

I kid…ish

It’s more to give you story and or to work the story up to halo 5.

Have you not played ff on reach? I have not lost one match in ff in almost a year because infinite live. Chalenge is try and get first place without dieing.

> > Why dont you give it a few more weeks.
>
> because it’s clearly not fun, the game may as well play itself all i need to do is deathcrawl to win it’s no fun, 343 need to know that winning all the time isn’t always fun, there needs to be a challenge.

Well myself and a few thousand others enjoy it, so stop trying to -Yoink- on our parade because you arent enjoying.

Cry some more. I like Spartan Ops because it’s a good change of pace, a way to relax and take a break from War Games. No one is forcing you to play it.

> > > Why dont you give it a few more weeks.
> >
> > because it’s clearly not fun, the game may as well play itself all i need to do is deathcrawl to win it’s no fun, 343 need to know that winning all the time isn’t always fun, there needs to be a challenge.
>
> Well myself and a few thousand others enjoy it, so stop trying to Yoink! on our parade because you arent enjoying.

what you mean to say is a few thousand people enjoy getting easy exp from spartan ops, if you enjoy it then you’re very easy to please you may as well go and play with a yo yo, at least you can do cool tricks with a yo yo.

Your post is a pointless waste of time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, they have only released two out of I believe 50 episodes. It’s still too early in the game to make an accurate call on how diverse it’ll be.

That being said, I do agree that what we’ve seen so far has been rather unimpressive. I still prefer it to Firefight, but I was expecting more.

The cinematics are cool, though.

“omg spartan ops is SO EASY! This game has NO challange!”
Then why dont you go play campaign on LASO?

> A way to relax and take a break from War Games. No one is forcing you to play it.

try forge instead, let your creative mind run free try doing something constructive instead of wasting time in your breaks, whatever you do is up to you but know that spartan ops isn’t necesarry and i and no one would miss it if 343 removed it. and disagreeing with that would be hypocritical because 343 took out firefight and despite that people have moved on, however i’d rather see an improvement than a complete removal, why bin something that’s broken when you can fix it? and it can be easily fixed, i had alot of ideas for what could have been included in spartan ops and who knows it may be but still it’s all for nothing if they don’t give it some sort of a challenge it is a game after all not an interactive movie.

> Cry some more. I like Spartan Ops because it’s a good change of pace, a way to relax and take a break from War Games. No one is forcing you to play it.

You could have said it without the crying part, but fine, it is relaxing and fun. People need to stop trying to get every single thing changed in this game to suit them. Surely there are few serious problems, but the constant.
Change
Nerf
Remove
Buff
Fix
I hate
You suck 343
and countless other threads of nothing but BS, has got to stop. If you arent enjoying it, return it and do something else with your life.

> > Nothing wrong with SpartanOps if your playing it for the team work factor
>
> you want teamwork? play halo 3 ODST’s firefight, that was awesome it just sucks that it didn’t have a matchmaking for it, then came along firefight arcade >.<.

I played ODST firefight with friends, I played Reach firefight constantly, SpartanOps and co-op campaign are the only things that intrest me in Halo 4. I agree there are things that 343i could do to make it more challanging, I’ve said so in other threads even. But I play it for the working with someone factor, instead of trying to compete against everyone against someone else. Thats its merit and really the only one it needs.

> more variety. have us drive an elephant perhaps or that vehicle on mission 5 of the campaign and how about a mission in a sabre or seraph where you get to go into space and shoot enemy ships or even a vehicle mission where you have to chase down an elite zealot or an important promethean knight in a warthog or something.

We are on Episode 2 of 5, that give 15 more levels, who says that that is not going to happen?

and reusing the location fits perfectly into the story line Spartan Ops is telling…

Episode 1: clear all the areas, Episode 2: -Yoink- goes down while you were away, return and find out what happened, Episode 3? myb go in search of the people that did it?

I find the new story good, and after the campaign, it makes perfect sence. (also if you die and you have to start from the beginning… no fun in that, but myb a max number of lives…)

To be fair, Spartan Ops doesn’t function any differently from the campaign…you die and you respawn endlessly. You can also affect the difficulty some by playing it solo on legendary, gets a little tougher, but again works very similar to the campaign which makes sense when the whole idea of Ops is to expand on Halo 4’s story.

> > Cry some more. I like Spartan Ops because it’s a good change of pace, a way to relax and take a break from War Games. No one is forcing you to play it.
>
> You could have said it without the crying part, but fine, it is relaxing and fun. People need to stop trying to get every single thing changed in this game to suit them. Surely there are few serious problems, but the constant.
> Change
> Nerf
> Remove
> Buff
> Fix
> I hate
> You suck 343
> and countless other threads of nothing but BS, has got to stop. If you arent enjoying it, return it and do something else with your life.

when you’re on a forum for a popular pvp multiplayer game, you should expect complaints, complaints are a necessity and has helped games evolve vastly, the problem is that the developers are using it as an excuse to put less/lower quality new features into their games.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

fail troll is fail.