Spartan Ops Has Already Spoiled Halo 4?

Since Spartan Ops’ reveal, many details have been released that I for one believe shouldn’t have been revealed just yet.

1. The Infinity is not destroyed in the Campaign

2. SPOPs takes place months after Halo 4’s Campaign and Requiem is still intact, possibly disproving the theory of its shell being destroyed which seemed to be the case in an E3 demo build’s menu

3. Major characters do not die in the campaign(I don’t even want to specify on that).

4. Master Chief seems to not play a role in SPOPs, which may hint at him leaving Requiem to chase the Didact to an unknown locale. Wouldn’t Master Chief would be leading operations on Requiem if he were still on board the Infinity, considering that he would naturally be the number one choice for ground operations? Or maybe he was put back into Cryosleep yet again until more Promethean activity outside of the planet was detected?

5. If the Didact is indeed not on Requiem anymore, why would the UNSC want to remain on the planet? To maintain the Prometheans and prevent them from leaving the planet? Or to finish looking for a certain artifact or weapon that resides in the planet that would most likely play a role in the Campaign as well, therefore confirming that situation won’t be resolved in the campaign?

6. The Covenant isn’t going anywhere. They might just be looking for the same weapon/artifact that the UNSC is pursuing.

What do you think? Would any of these facts make your Campaign experience a tad less satisfying?

Half of that is baseless speculation since you have no idea how the game ends.

> Half of that is baseless speculation since you have no idea how the game ends.

The game ends with a poor multiplayer experience and no proper ranking system…

Oh, you mean this particular campaign. Carry on

> Half of that is baseless speculation since you have no idea how the game ends.

couldnt agree more

> > Half of that is baseless speculation since you have no idea how the game ends.
>
> The game ends with a poor multiplayer experience and no proper ranking system…
>
> Oh, you mean this particular campaign. Carry on

Speaking of baseless speculation…

> Since Spartan Ops’ reveal, many details have been released that I for one believe shouldn’t have been revealed just yet.
>
>
>
>
> 1) The Infinity is not destroyed in the Campaign
>
> 2) SPOPs takes place months after Halo 4’s Campaign and Requiem is still intact, possibly disproving the theory of its shell being destroyed which seemed to be the case in an E3 demo build’s menu
>
> 3) Major characters do not die in the campaign(I don’t even want to specify on that).
>
> 4) Master Chief seems to not play a role in SPOPs, which may hint at him leaving Requiem to chase the Didact to an unknown locale. Wouldn’t Master Chief would be leading operations on Requiem if he were still on board the Infinity, considering that he would naturally be the number one choice for ground operations? Or maybe he was put back into Cryosleep yet again until more Promethean activity outside of the planet was detected?
>
> 5) If the Didact is indeed not on Requiem anymore, why would the UNSC want to remain on the planet? To maintain the Prometheans and prevent them from leaving the planet? Or to finish looking for a certain artifact or weapon that resides in the planet that would most likely play a role in the Campaign as well, therefore confirming that situation won’t be resolved in the campaign?
>
> 6) The Covenant isn’t going anywhere. They might just be looking for the same weapon/artifact that the UNSC is pursuing.
>

>
> What do you think? Would any of these facts make your Campaign experience a tad less satisfying?

1. I am pretty sure that was a given as I am pretty sure it was already implied

2. Yeah that was the demo build menu and may not have been the final build menu

3. Perhaps they are not meant to die yet

4. Perhaps he is leading operations elsewhere

5. Where did you get this from?

6. How does that prove anything?

7. You didn’t have seven points but I can assure you that 343i probably has reasons for things like that.

If offers many more questions than answers. Speculation, at most. No direct answers, the plot is still very intact.

And:

1. Kind of obvious from the multiplayer reveal. And the Infinity already seemed much to important to be destroyed… as much as I would love to see that thing blow up.
  2. Much to be discovered still. The menu could mean nothing, and it appears that the planet isn’t completely destroyed. The UNSC forces could be searching the debris or still habitable spots.
  3. Kind of already obvious. They wouldn’t kill off all the new characters.
  4. Raises more questions than answers. Not really spoilery. The Chief likely has more important things to do, or he is even somewhere completely different.
  5. Also kind of given that the Didact will escape. 2 games in the same place would get a bit repetitive, and this is a new trilogy. Things are definetly not going to be wrapped up in Halo 4. Still more questions than answers too. And I am thinking that the UNSC came back to Requiem (or stayed there?) to try to find clues or hints to what can help them defeat whatever is going on.
  6. The Covenant came to Requiem looking for the Didact. They are either stuck on Requiem (its unknown how their surviving fleet would have fared to the end of the game) or they really are looking for stuff like usual. Not a big spoiler in my opinion, it is kind of expected that the Covies would continue prowling around Forerunner relics.

> > Half of that is baseless speculation since you have no idea how the game ends.
>
> The game ends with a poor multiplayer experience and no proper ranking system…
>

And that is based on your observations and lack of experience with the game!

Dino, yes, some of that is speculation. But if that speculation turned out to actually be true, I’d find it rather disappointing. I would have preferred the campaign’s events to be completely unexpected.

> > > Half of that is baseless speculation since you have no idea how the game ends.
> >
> > The game ends with a poor multiplayer experience and no proper ranking system…
> >
> > Oh, you mean this particular campaign. Carry on
>
> Speaking of baseless speculation…

I was speaking hypothetically.

>
>

I’m sure your extensive experience with the multiplayer for this game led you to this conclusion?

> > Since Spartan Ops’ reveal, many details have been released that I for one believe shouldn’t have been revealed just yet.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 1) The Infinity is not destroyed in the Campaign
> >
> > 2) SPOPs takes place months after Halo 4’s Campaign and Requiem is still intact, possibly disproving the theory of its shell being destroyed which seemed to be the case in an E3 demo build’s menu
> >
> > 3) Major characters do not die in the campaign(I don’t even want to specify on that).
> >
> > 4) Master Chief seems to not play a role in SPOPs, which may hint at him leaving Requiem to chase the Didact to an unknown locale. Wouldn’t Master Chief would be leading operations on Requiem if he were still on board the Infinity, considering that he would naturally be the number one choice for ground operations? Or maybe he was put back into Cryosleep yet again until more Promethean activity outside of the planet was detected?
> >
> > 5) <mark>If</mark> the Didact is indeed not on Requiem anymore, why would the UNSC want to remain on the planet? To maintain the Prometheans and prevent them from leaving the planet? Or to finish looking for a certain artifact or weapon that resides in the planet that would most likely play a role in the Campaign as well, therefore confirming that situation won’t be resolved in the campaign?
> >
> > 6) The Covenant isn’t going anywhere. They might just be looking for the same weapon/artifact that the UNSC is pursuing.
> >

> >
> > What do you think? Would any of these facts make your Campaign experience a tad less satisfying?
>
> 1. I am pretty sure that was a given as I am pretty sure it was already implied
> 2. Yeah that was the demo build menu and may not have been the final build menu
> 3. Perhaps they are not meant to die yet
> 4. Perhaps he is leading operations elsewhere
> 5. Where did you get this from?
> 6. How does that prove anything?
>
> 7. You didn’t have seven points but I can assure you that 343i probably has reasons for things like that.

As to number five, note that I said IF. It’s very possible, but of course, not official. And as to number six, I find that to be a spoiler. Maybe not everyone see’s it the same way, but I certainly do.

Those details aren’t even that big . . .

> Those details aren’t even that big . . .

It’s all personal opinion. For some, they can be ENORMOUS spoilers while it may be nothing of significance to others. I for one like to go into a game having no idea of what to expect.

> > > > Half of that is baseless speculation since you have no idea how the game ends.
> > >
> > > The game ends with a poor multiplayer experience and no proper ranking system…
> > >
> > > Oh, you mean this particular campaign. Carry on
> >
> > Speaking of baseless speculation…
>
> I was speaking hypothetically.

Mmm nope still sounds and reads pretty straight forward and arrogant. Someone tightened up rather quickly

If anything that was ‘spoiled’ by spartan ops actually had happened. IE losing the human ship AGAIN, Chief being one of a few left standing AGAIN, And alien foes/mcguffins were destroyed AGAIN, I would have been very disappointed.

I am glad it doesn’t seem like they will be repeating some of the same notes as the other games. It seems like the reclaimer trilogy will be a tighter and less disjointed story than in the past. I love the story in the games but the CE-H3 story kind of meandered around. They were not a very cohesive story when you look at it them as a whole.

I am happy with what 343 is doing with the story and seems to be taking the story and letting the gameplay elements spring forward from that rather than the Bungie model of trying to fit a story around gameplay.

You said Master Chief isn’t on Requiem, but it’s been confirmed that you’ll meet Master Chief in Spartan Ops. So, it’s been confirmed he stays on Requiem also, for some reason.

Half this stuff is gonna turn out to be completely false when the game comes out…

So far all we know is that the Human race is still kicking after Halo 4’s campaign, Infinity didn’t get stuck, like past ships Chief has stepped on. But as for as Halo 4’s campaign, it doesn’t spoil any thing major.

> So far all we know is that the Human race is still kicking after Halo 4’s campaign, Infinity didn’t get stuck, like past ships Chief has stepped on. But as for as Halo 4’s campaign, it doesn’t spoil any thing major.

I agree with Stealth’s post.