Spartan Ops - Harvester

So are we just going to forget this thing existed? It clearly doesn’t look like standard Covenant technology.

It’s innards almost look biological, complete with a spine. I know it’s probably all Covie metal and all but the fact that this thing hasn’t been seen in any previous Halo game or even mentioned before or after it’s appearance just rubs me the wrong way.

So what do you think? Was this thing just something to make the trailer pretty? Or is it going to serve an actual purpose?

theres always the possibility that it was just there to look pretty(and it did), but i think it will show up again at some point actually functioning.

Great question since we’ve only seen it once so far whereas other maps have been reused several times.

It looks pretty standard to me.

Buggy design? Check
Purple colors? Check
Lekgolo worming through the inside ala Hunters and Scarabs? Check.

Looked to Organic to me, which is why a lot of peeps got the flood vibe from it. I wonder if this is 343’s way of changing the way a Scarab (it’s pretty much a scarab variant) would look just because.

> Looked to Organic to me, which is why a lot of peeps got the flood vibe from it. I wonder if this is 343’s way of changing the way a Scarab (it’s pretty much a scarab variant) would look just because.

This is pretty much what I thought. I don’t get why you’d introduce something like this to the Halo community which would be a big deal if you were into the story, only to drop it.

It didn’t look like a Covenant vehicle at all. It looked like a living bug, even on the inside.

I wouldn’t mind seeing it again though, having it for just one mission would be a colossal waste.

I haven’t forgotten! I still want to know what it is and why they assume we should just know!

Cool your -Yoink- brah! We got at least 1 week of spartan ops left, it could be in there for one or 2 missions. Or episode 10 could be a 2 part episode.

I remember when we were led to believe the Flood had returned and were taking fireteams.

Now with E9C5’s revelation of Elites taking a fireteam prisoner, looks like that’s what happened to those marines as well.

Of course, that doesn’t stop it from having a sinister purpose. Why does Jul need so many humans? Why is the thing called a Harvester if it’s merely the H2 Scarab’s successor in mining operations?

since i have finally found i thread i can bring this up in take a look at this

and tell me what you see please (and i really think this counts in this thread its on the same map as the harvester so it might have been intended to be in the mission)

It aint purple enough! It’s a pretty nice fleshy color, which definitely gave me a first impression of Flood. It is the only large Covenant structure we’ve seen in 343’s new Halo take, so maybe we’ll be seeing less purple.

its a scary looking ship/platform/chuck norris tank and i hope it comes back in working order