Spartan Ops Game mode Customization?

Personally I enjoyed being able to customize Firefight game modes on Halo Reach, there was quite a bit you could do.

I really like the idea of Spartan Ops and think it will be great, but with the removal of Firefight there seems to be no room for fun game mode customizations.

Wondering on your thoughts.

There won’t be any need for customisation with all of the missions coming out each week!

There’ll be your difficulty levels, and maybe something similar to skulls for customisation. I doubt there’ll be much more, kind of of like ODST’s firefight, which was way more enjoyable than Reach’s, for the record.

True; honestly I think it will be much better than firefight.

> True; honestly I think it will be much better than firefight.

It, most certainly, will be. First of all, we have fifty free missions which means all different types of environments and missions are to come.

There’s a chance for space battles, gameplay on UNSC ships, deserts, on water, and so much more. The possibilities are endless. There’s never been anything like it in a FPS before. It’s changing the way content is delivered and it’s interesting to see what 343i do with it.

I think they should at least have an infinite ammo option(for solo players) in Spartan Ops. I think it would be awesome to have a SAW, with infinite ammo(better, bottomless clip), just mowing down grunts.

I’d like to have Reach FF type of options too. My primary play through will be the standard mode. However, my boys and I had a lot of fun doing crazy things in Reach FF like making ourselves invulnerable, rockets, unlimited ammo, unlimited AA power, set the enemy types, etc. The Reach engine was pretty amazing keeping up with the on-screen chaos. Can’t wait to see what the H4 engine can do!

But I bet the previous comment of difficulty and skulls is what well get option wise. The variety should be the key winner with SO!

I think once you beat the level the first time you should unlock a few simple cheats, or skulls with cheat-like abilities, such as infinite ammo, invincibility, infinite armor abilities, etc.

> I think once you beat the level the first time you should unlock a few simple cheats, or skulls with cheat-like abilities, such as infinite ammo, invincibility, infinite armor abilities, etc.

That is actually a good idea.

> I think once you beat the level the first time you should unlock a few simple cheats, or skulls with cheat-like abilities, such as infinite ammo, invincibility, infinite armor abilities, etc.

That would be fun. The game would never get stale! :smiley:

There should also be an Overshield option. Ever since Halo 2, the Halo campaigns haven’t had Overshield power-ups and it is very disappointing.

Forge and customisation with sharing options for matchmaking after Spartan Ops runs it course would cement Halo 4 in the top 5 XBL games for a very longgggggg time after release and episodes finish up.

I agree, with different cheats/skulls being unlocked when the levels are beaten on different difficulties, or whith different conditions met

Fully agreed!
Skulls should be a minimum, but I’d love to see more unlocks, gameplay modifier s(thanks Gears) or even ones from the Golden Eye N64 days (big head, paintball etc), things to spice up the missions and make them so much more ^^

Sure but I hope when you do customize it, we don’t have tons of players playing Spartan Ops Arcade.

What should happen is, once a mission is completed, on whatever difficulty, then tons of game options should unlock for that mission. The same with every mission. Just beat the mission and unlock the game options for that mission. Also the options would be the same with exact ones throughout all the missions(infinite ammo, overshields, damage resistance/modifier, etc).

It would be awesome if, after beating, say, the 7th mission you unlocked the game options to tweak for THAT mission and turned invincibility on, and just take those Prometheans down.