Spartan Ops Footage?

Hey guys,

Wasn’t the Panel at Comic con for Halo 4’s campaign and Spartan Ops yesterday?
Yet I can’t find a slither of info on either of them.

Could you maybe give me a link to some info or footage?

Thanks

The 14th was the panel about the campaign/multiplayer and a bit of spartan ops

I GOT TO PLAY A SPARTAN OPS MISSION.

oh dear god I can’t wait for this -Yoink- to come out.

anyway, expect videos later today, I don’t know where you live but the convention got out only several hours ago, people will start uploading later today, around noon probably

(west coast us)

[deleted]

> The 14th was the panel about the campaign/multiplayer and a bit of spartan ops
>
> I GOT TO PLAY A SPARTAN OPS MISSION.
>
> oh dear god I can’t wait for this Yoink! to come out.
>
> anyway, expect videos later today, I don’t know where you live but the convention got out only several hours ago, people will start uploading later today, around noon probably
>
> (west coast us)

why don’t you share your experience with us? its ok I won’t bite (much)

> The 14th was the panel about the campaign/multiplayer and a bit of spartan ops
>
> I GOT TO PLAY A SPARTAN OPS MISSION.
>
> oh dear god I can’t wait for this Yoink! to come out.
>
> anyway, expect videos later today, I don’t know where you live but the convention got out only several hours ago, people will start uploading later today, around noon probably
>
> (west coast us)

Are you under an embargo for details or something?

Well there isn’t really much I can say! We don’t know any of the spartan ops story, so that would be pointless, but we were being deployed to retrieve a forerunner artifact the covenant was after (one of the anti human sects) Halfway through we’re about to -Yoink- up some covenant but they get destroyed by some promethean knights/watchers/crawlers and one other that may have just been larger crawlers,

HALO 4 IS BEAUTIFUL

The weapons were great, controls were a bit strange because i’m used to recon, and the new recon setup has sprint on the X button,

The sound design was amazing, I thought listening to the game on youtube videos sounded good, but even with the somewhat meh headsets they had there it sounded 1000% better.

> Well there isn’t really much I can say! We don’t know any of the spartan ops story, so that would be pointless, but we were being deployed to retrieve a forerunner artifact the covenant was after (one of the anti human sects) Halfway through we’re about to -Yoink!- up some covenant but they get destroyed by some promethean knights/watchers/crawlers and one other that may have just been larger crawlers,

Everything Bust says above is true, I also got to play the mission. But in all honesty, I was only disappointed by the length of the mission. I felt I did more sprinting up to combat then actually in combat, granted I was having some serious fun with a few randoms and a few more friends during different segments. Let me also say this, Halo 4 definitely is going to be challenging on Legendary… more so then previous Halo’s to those who thought H2/Reach’s campaign on Legendary was difficult.

> Halfway through we’re about to -Yoink!- up some covenant but they get destroyed by some promethean knights/watchers/crawlers and one other that may have just been larger crawlers

I am very relieved that there will be 2 way battles in this game mode. I thought it was going to be 1 enemy team per mission (i.e. Covies on one mission, Promethean on next mission) or alternating (first Covies then Prometheans or first Prometheans then Covies).

Is it impossible for the Covies to survive? I’d hate for it to be scripted. There is a lot of side objective potential in saving our enemies. It’d be like saving marines in the CE campaign, only more intense.

I had great pleasure bringing the enemy Zealot on Two Betrayals to the end of the level (fighting the Flood while having a 1 hit kill enemy pursuing you is intense) and grenade jumping across the gap on Keyes to help out the Covies on that side. Saving enemies from a greater threat can be rewarding/satisfying.

> Let me also say this, Halo 4 definitely is going to be challenging on Legendary… more so then previous Halo’s to those who thought H2/Reach’s campaign on Legendary was difficult.

H2/Reach campaign on Legendary was hard for the wrong reasons.

Even in H2, the AI are chumps. The only significant difference from Reach is that the Elites take cover and never berserk. Not that it matters, since noob combo’s very effective.

So, how was H4 difficulty? Any bs (damage sponges, omniscient awareness, your shields dropping within 4 seconds, you have to use cover all the time)? Or was it pure like CE (supported playing style, equal enemies, enemy number emphasis)?

How were enemy responses? Were they variable like in CE or was it the typical berserk, panic, charge responses seen in H2, H3, and Reach?

I’m itching for some Spartan Ops footage at this point. I was hoping we might see some on the panel yesterday but guess not.

Let’s hope for some offscreen on the comic con floor booths.

Have either of the panels been uploaded yet? Or any gameplay videos since this thread started?

> Have either of the panels been uploaded yet? Or any gameplay videos since this thread started?

not that I’m aware of, just be a little bit patient.

well the halo fiction panel was uploaded two days after it happened so there is a chance it won’t be uploaded today but i hope that it does.

> So, how was H4 difficulty? Any bs (damage sponges, omniscient awareness, your shields dropping within 4 seconds, you have to use cover all the time)? Or was it pure like CE (supported playing style, equal enemies, enemy number emphasis)?

Honestly, I want to tell you, really I do and I am rocking back and forth right now trying to find a reason to spoil it but… I can’t be the one to spoil it for you. You’ll find out when you get the game…

> How were enemy responses? Were they variable like in CE or was it the typical berserk, panic, charge responses seen in H2, H3, and Reach?

I’ll answer this one for you. Unpredictable. The Knights have major tell signs when they are going to do something, but let me just say this: take out those watchers or you will never see the end of a knights health (watchers can heal them, shield them, and create crawler reinforcements when your not looking/expecting) and crawlers attacking from all angle’s.

Crawlers = swarm/flood style, will NOT give you an exit though if they can afford it.
Knights = Teamwork on legendary is going to be key to defeating them without dying at least once. Either that or get some major distance between you and him and start laying clips into the guy… like I said though, the watchers are the key to the confrontation, take those out and the battles get A LOT easier. Or at least that was my take.

> > So, how was H4 difficulty? Any bs (damage sponges, omniscient awareness, your shields dropping within 4 seconds, you have to use cover all the time)? Or was it pure like CE (supported playing style, equal enemies, enemy number emphasis)?
>
> Honestly, I want to tell you, really I do and I am rocking back and forth right now trying to find a reason to spoil it but… I can’t be the one to spoil it for you. You’ll find out when you get the game…

So… it’s that good.

> I’ll answer this one for you. Unpredictable. The Knights have major tell signs when they are going to do something, but let me just say this: take out those watchers or you will never see the end of a knights health (watchers can heal them, shield them, and create crawler reinforcements when your not looking/expecting) and crawlers attacking from all angle’s.

Though I already knew about what you mentioned in the spoilers, the major tell signs, and about crawlers attacking from all sides, I did not know that it was important to keep Watchers in sight.

I’m guessing height advantage is going to be of minimal use?

How about invisible barriers? Were they closed in, hardly noticeable, etc.?

> Crawlers = swarm/flood style, will NOT give you an exit though if they can afford it.
> Knights = Teamwork on legendary is going to be key to defeating them without dying at least once. Either that or get some major distance between you and him and start laying clips into the guy… like I said though, the watchers are the key to the confrontation, take those out and the battles get A LOT easier. Or at least that was my take.

I can hardly wait.

Here is some gameplay of Spartan Ops. Bad quality sadly.

> So… it’s that good.

Ooohhhh yeah…

> Though I already knew about what you mentioned in the spoilers, the major tell signs, and about crawlers attacking from all sides, I did not know that it was important to keep Watchers in sight.
>
> I’m guessing height advantage is going to be of minimal use?
>
> How about invisible barriers? Were they closed in, hardly noticeable, etc.?

1. The watchers can spawn in new crawlers from start to spawn in 5 seconds. It’s key to keeping it in sight if you don’t want to face a lot of enemies.

2. You assume correct, height advantage against a hardlight shield will be exceptionally difficult to bypass, though it is possible on high enough ground and jumping. Another thing to note, the hardlight shield can be altered and switched according to where you place grenades. I noticed a watcher shift the shield to block the knight from getting hit by a grenade, but this in turn exposed him on his right side.

3. Invisible barriers i.e. kill zones? I didn’t look, but I did notice a few corner spots with the sword which stop a player for no apparent reason other then a barrier being present. Just don’t try to lunge around a corner, let the enemy come around it first. but yes, they were hardly noticeable to me and that did only occur once so…

> I can hardly wait.

You and I both… you and I both…

> > So… it’s that good.
>
> Ooohhhh yeah…

Needless to say, I am really glad you got to play.

> > Though I already knew about what you mentioned in the spoilers, the major tell signs, and about crawlers attacking from all sides, I did not know that it was important to keep Watchers in sight.
> >
> > I’m guessing height advantage is going to be of minimal use?
> >
> > How about invisible barriers? Were they closed in, hardly noticeable, etc.?
>
> 1. The watchers can spawn in new crawlers from start to spawn in 5 seconds. It’s key to keeping it in sight if you don’t want to face a lot of enemies.
>
> 2. You assume correct, height advantage against a hardlight shield will be exceptionally difficult to bypass, though it is possible on high enough ground and jumping. Another thing to note, the hardlight shield can be altered and switched according to where you place grenades. I noticed a watcher shift the shield to block the knight from getting hit by a grenade, but this in turn exposed him on his right side.
>
> 3. Invisible barriers i.e. kill zones? I didn’t look, but I did notice a few corner spots with the sword which stop a player for no apparent reason other then a barrier being present. Just don’t try to lunge around a corner, let the enemy come around it first. but yes, they were hardly noticeable to me and that did only occur once so…

1. How many we talking? 10-15 or 15-30? :o

2. So it’s possible to get the higher ground? Sweet! So many mission segments in Halo games either had participants on even ground or gave the enemy the advantage.

Anyways, this is great news to hear. I will keep that in mind. Sounds a lot better than Hologram. Speaking of which, is it true that AI won’t always fall for Hologram?

1. Yep. Corner spots? Given the fact that you were in a corner and essentially waging guerrilla warfare, does that mean the enemies were so overwhelming? :o

> > I can hardly wait.
>
> You and I both… you and I both…

11.6.12, the greatest challenge to Chief and players arrives.

What I really can’t wait for is to see more of the dynamics of the different variants of Prometheans. We’ve seen two different models of knights (apparently one is called the lancer, perhaps a melee-buffed variant) and have been informed that there are three different kinds of crawlers with one being a sniper, another the normal, and another a melee/tank. I think it was Frankie who hinted that Watchers, when cornered, have some tricks up their sleeves and aren’t completely defenseless. There is so much to these enemies that we haven’t seen and will make every encounter so much different. More so than “Oh, this guy went that way this time” or “that door opened first this time.” I mean “Oh, there are 30 of them, 5 of them, and 3 of them” or “Wow, only 5 of them, but 5 of them, 3 of them, and one of THEM!?”

> I think it was Frankie who hinted that Watchers, when cornered, have some tricks up their sleeves and aren’t completely defenseless.

Far better than Engineers then.

> There is so much to these enemies that we haven’t seen and will make every encounter so much different. More so than “Oh, this guy went that way this time” or “that door opened first this time.” I mean “Oh, there are 30 of them, 5 of them, and 3 of them” or “Wow, only 5 of them, but 5 of them, 3 of them, and one of THEM!?”

I’m expecting armies. Linear room to room battles with Covies would have worked if there was a mass exodus for skipping them (like at the first tower on The Covenant). Sadly, there was almost none and Covies often stayed in their spawn area.

AotCR would have been absolutely punishing if the above had transpired.

> 1. How many we talking? 10-15 or 15-30? :o

Not saying. You’ll find out though, and let me say this, it won’t be fun if you leave them alone…

> 2. So it’s possible to get the higher ground? Sweet! So many mission segments in Halo games either had participants on even ground or gave the enemy the advantage.

Go watch the hardlight shield gameplay. The high ground I’m talking about is like the beginning mission of Halo 3 in the ravine-like jackal snipers area looking down dude, its not going to be easy finding those kind of perches to get OVER the shield…

> Anyways, this is great news to hear. I will keep that in mind. Sounds a lot better than Hologram. Speaking of which, is it true that AI won’t always fall for Hologram?

Only if they don’t already see you, yes. It worked for me twice, but the once I tried to confuse a crawler around a corner with it (when it was radar close) it didn’t work because he had just come around the corner.

> 3. Yep. Corner spots? Given the fact that you were in a corner and essentially waging guerrilla warfare, does that mean the enemies were so overwhelming? :o

Not saying.

> 11.6.12, the greatest challenge to Chief and players arrives.

To quote a buddy of mine, “I wouldn’t blame them if they left skulls out this time. I can’t imagine being able to solo those kind of missions on a solo Legendary run first.” and this was coming from a guy who got all headshot kills during the S.O. gameplay run when possible.