Spartan Ops Enemy Glitch

OMG I so wish there was theater in Spartan Ops so I could have recorded wut just happened to me in spartan ops. So now I start my long boring story instead of you watching a funny -Yoink- video…

So I was playing shoutout on Valhalla, driving around in a ghost when… I suddenly blow up. Not sure wut killed me but no big deal I respawn on a teammate and look for some enemies. I don’t see ANY. But I keep dieing and see random plasma shots and grenades. So after this happens 2-3 I start to wonder if it glitched and they are all somehow invisible. I tell myself no this can’t be and it was at this point I noticed something in the water. It looked like a fish. So I zoomed in and laughed my -Yoink- off.

It was a gun. Shooting at me. Running around in the water. I was so confused I was wondering if the enemies didn’t spawn and weapons are just attacking us. But then I looked closer and started seeing tiny covanet holding the normal sized guns. I then start to try and fight back because trying to figure this out I have died like 7 times.

The hit boxes are so small >.>… was a pain in the -Yoink-… But it was -Yoinking!- hilarious to see a jackle with a little orange shield run around with a massive plasma pistol lol… couldn’t even see grunts really… and elites ran around so fast X~D… Lasted a little while then fixed itself with the next wave. SOOOOO wish i could have recorded that X~C

I hope they don’t patch it too soon. I didn’t get to encounter this. :frowning:

It should have been an easter egg instead of a glitch. They could have placed it outside of one of the levels and it’d have guarded something (i.e. Scarab gun). What makes me think something like the legendary Scarab gun could exist in Spartan Ops?

Check out the Pelican on Hacksaw. It’s the gunship variant and nearly all of it’s turrets can be operated (you needed to have avoided going to the waypoint objective and you need jetpack to access them).

Hopefully, 343 will throw in a Lich in Spartan Ops except it should be filled to it’s maximum capacity.

I had a similar experience on the spartan ops mission on the complex map. Although I did not see miniature enemies, I saw their framework. They looked like stick figure spiders or something, frantically waving guns about, in and out of the ground.
I also spent a good 5-10 minutes inside one of the walls in complex (in another game of Sp Ops matchmaking), I could move around and see through the walls etc. I spawned in there, on team mates… We could see though the walls and run around the whole base (inside the walls).
Guess there must be a couple of kinks to iron out…

> I had a similar experience on the spartan ops mission on the complex map. Although I did not see miniature enemies, I saw their framework. They looked like stick figure spiders or something, frantically waving guns about, in and out of the ground.
> I also spent a good 5-10 minutes inside one of the walls in complex (in another game of Sp Ops matchmaking), I could move around and see through the walls etc. I spawned in there, on team mates… We could see though the walls and run around the whole base (inside the walls).
> Guess there must be a couple of kinks to iron out…

Soft walls may be detrimental in MP but they are tons of fun in the campaign and SO, since you can watch AI interaction without being shot at (no need for Theater), not to mention using them to obtain interesting results.

> no need for Theater.

I think theater would add to the fun lol! I used to like showing people in theater the random glitches we encountered during Halo 3s matchmaking, and the first thing I though of when I noticed the ‘spider covies’ (that’ what i’m calling them :stuck_out_tongue: …) was, “I wish I could clip this”!!

Had this twice now once on each map. The enemies are smaller than a frag and the weapons normal size. They tend to be normal looking until you kill them then they turn into the spider thing. Funny but i’ve yet to assassinate one :dancer:

Same thing happened to me earlier. Odd bug.