Spartan Ops DLC "Longer Than ODST"

> 343 Industries’ boss Frank O’Connor has responded to fan concerns over the length of Halo 4.
> After yesterday’s achievement list leak pointed to the game containing just eight missions, O’Connor explained on NeoGaf that this didn’t reflect how long each would be.
> Posting as ‘Stinkles’, he wrote that the "Number of missions has no bearing on the length of the campaign. It’s a Halo sized campaign. PLUS [Spartan Ops] etc."
> His words were then added to by 343 Industries’ designer David Ellis (as lybertyboy) who claimed that "[Spartan Ops] season alone is longer than [Halo 3: ODST].
> "Spartan Ops and Campaign are completely separate teams. As Frank mentioned earlier, the main campaign is substantial and will compare favorably with previous entries in the series."
> Spartan Ops is a new story-driven game mode set to feature in Halo 4 and will replace the Firefight mode that appeared in Halo 3: ODST. Gamers can play it on their own or co-operatively with up to three other players, and the first Season of Spartan Ops plans to deliver five new objective-based missions and cinematics each week over a 10-week period. It’s this content taken in isolation that Ellis has claimed will consist of more content than Halo 3: ODST.
> **So it seems if you were concerned after yesterday’s news then there’s no need to panic. Halo 4 launches on Xbox 360 on November 6.
[/quote]
>
> Don’t know if this is old but I saw it a little while ago.
>
> Here’s the original link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/24/halo-4-spartan-ops-dlc-is-longer-than-odst

Took me a day or two to complete ODST.

Glad to hear that we have a longer Spartan Ops experience :slight_smile:

That and the extra seasons coming later.

Just a few days behind but itll help those who still have concerns.

Good reading. Didn’t know it was gonna be lengthy. Looks promising can’t wait to try it out…you use your custom Spartan in Spartan ops right?

I’ve read this plenty of times before, but I am still excited to know that we will have a long spartan ops experience :slight_smile: Hopefully it will be really longer since the Campaign is just going to be normal length.

> Good reading. Didn’t know it was gonna be lengthy. Looks promising can’t wait to try it out…you use your custom Spartan in Spartan ops right?

I’m pretty sure, yeah.

Well ODST was still several hours long, at least as long as Halo 3 was. So hearing that Spartan Ops will be even longer than a full fledged Halo game… This makes me very happy! :smiley:

> Good reading. Didn’t know it was gonna be lengthy. Looks promising can’t wait to try it out…you use your custom Spartan in Spartan ops right?

Yes, of course! Your customized Spartan himself/herself is who you play as, and your loadouts are available in Spartan Ops as well!

I’m really looking forward to this game holy unicornM

I’m glad to hear I will have a good campaign experience along side the halo 4 campaign!

Wow jee golly wiz this is going to be great!

Everything about your Spartan will carry over from both gamemodes: This includes any and all unlocked Armor, Specializations, Rank, Loadouts, etc.

Example: If you got promoted to SR-7 while playing Spartan Ops, then you are also an SR-7 in War Games. If you choose equip uber-flamboyant armor in War Games, then you will also appear to be so in Spartan Ops.

if my calculations are correct, spartan ops season 1 will be 12 hours long

> if my calculations are correct, spartan ops season 1 will be 12 hours long

If my calculations are correct, Spartan Ops will be 12.5 hours long. YOU SIR, ARE INCORRECT! >:(

No, but on a serious note, I really hope that your calculations are correct, because that will be a fine length for Season 1 of Spartan Ops! :slight_smile: It makes sense too, since every mission is supposed to be around 15 minutes long, meaning that it adds up to around 1.25 hours per week.

I think I beat ODST around 8 hours on heroic. Hopefully it is longer :stuck_out_tongue:

pacman is longer then ODST

> I think I beat ODST around 8 hours on heroic. Hopefully it is longer :stuck_out_tongue:

ODST had a free roam element to it. I personally took my time as the rookie, trying to understand the complexity of the areas… that and getting a good feel for the weapons/mechanics. So it took me 10 hours.

It’s good to hear Spartan Op’s will be long. Granted this is the entire S.O. Season being that long. Which means each mission should play out quite nicely each week for a ttoal amount of gameplay experience which will be unparalleled to a FPS.

It is amazing to hear the mere first season of Spartan Ops will be longer than a full-fledged Halo game. I can’t wait to get my hands on Spartan Ops, it’ll probably be the second thing I do after completing Halo 4’s campaign.

I wasn’t concerned but that is great news. I like that the 60 price tag is seeming more worthwhile than the average game and most shooters.

And people still comparate with special ops from mw3 LOL which is completely different