Spartan Ops connection?

I live in Ireland where broadband speed is just depressing and I was wondering how good a connection will we need to play Spartan Ops online? I assume it will be similar to firefight in Reach which I couldn’t play because of my terrible connection :frowning: So does anybody know?

> I live in Ireland where broadband speed is just depressing and I was wondering how good a connection will we need to play Spartan Ops online? I assume it will be similar to firefight in Reach which I couldn’t play because of my terrible connection :frowning: So does anybody know?

The only system info we have on Spartan ops is That you need Xbox Live Gold and 8GB storage nothing so far on network requirement.

Ok thanks. Forgot about that 8GB too :confused: Some arcade games will have to be deleted.

Hmm, you might experience difficulties, but tough to say. Do you have trouble connecting with British players?

> Hmm, you might experience difficulties, but tough to say. Do you have trouble connecting with British players?

In firefight? It doesn’t matter where other people are from I can NEVER find a game and when my friends and I play a private firefight game its unplayable because of lag.
If you meant multiplayer then no I never have problems connecting to multiplayer games.

> > Hmm, you might experience difficulties, but tough to say. Do you have trouble connecting with British players?
>
> In firefight? It doesn’t matter where other people are from I can NEVER find a game and when my friends and I play a private firefight game its unplayable because of lag.
> If you meant multiplayer then no I never have problems connecting to multiplayer games.

That’s pretty interesting… I wonder why that is?

What about co-op campaign? Cause I guess Spartan Ops is similar to doing Co-Op campaign online.

> > > Hmm, you might experience difficulties, but tough to say. Do you have trouble connecting with British players?
> >
> > In firefight? It doesn’t matter where other people are from I can NEVER find a game and when my friends and I play a private firefight game its unplayable because of lag.
> > If you meant multiplayer then no I never have problems connecting to multiplayer games.
>
> That’s pretty interesting… I wonder why that is?
>
> What about co-op campaign? Cause I guess Spartan Ops is similar to doing Co-Op campaign online.

I dont wonder. Its because I have a terrible connection. Yeah I was worried it would be similar to Co-op campaign. I have the same problems with that as I have with Firefight. Well it looks like Ill be playing Spartan Ops solo.

Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.

> Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.

I live in the middle of the countryside in Tipperary :frowning:

> > Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.
>
> I live in the middle of the countryside in Tipperary :frowning:

Oh darn! What results do you get when you do a speedtest?

> > > Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.
> >
> > I live in the middle of the countryside in Tipperary :frowning:
>
> Oh darn! What results do you get when you do a speedtest?

Download speed:0.66Mbps
Upload speed: 0.89Mbps

> > > > Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.
> > >
> > > I live in the middle of the countryside in Tipperary :frowning:
> >
> > Oh darn! What results do you get when you do a speedtest?
>
> Download speed:0.66Mbps
> Upload speed: 0.89Mbps

Ooh, that’s not that great…

And the reason you struggle with Firefight and not matchmaking is because they used different networking models. Campaign/FF use a “syncronis” (something like that) model, which makes all players wait until they’ve recieved all the data packets etc. If one player lags, all of them do.

In matchmaking, if one player lags its just that one player, because players aren’t forced to wait for everyone to get the data packets from the host.

> Download speed:0.66Mbps
> Upload speed: 0.89Mbps

With that connection you are going to experience lag in both SO and MP. There’s pretty much nothing 343i or you can do to better your conditions unless you change connection/country.

I’m italian and i have similar issues but 0.66 Mbps in Download is what is worse, i have 5.29 and it’s still bad =/

> > > > Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.
> > >
> > > I live in the middle of the countryside in Tipperary :frowning:
> >
> > Oh darn! What results do you get when you do a speedtest?
>
> Download speed:0.66Mbps
> Upload speed: 0.89Mbps

In my opinion, you shouldn’t use Xbox Live if your connection is that bad. You should try and improve it.

I used to have 5mbps broadband speeds and it was bad so I recommend better broadband. :S

> > Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.
>
> I live in the middle of the countryside in Tipperary :frowning:

no wonder you are getting bad connection haha
should try meteor mobile broadban it can be very good.

But the thing is I barely ever lag when I play MP on Halo or most other games its only FF and Coop campaign I cant do.

> > > Broadband in Ireland isn’t bad unless you live in the west or some other barren part of the country.
> >
> > I live in the middle of the countryside in Tipperary :frowning:
>
> no wonder you are getting bad connection haha
> should try meteor mobile broadban it can be very good.

I don’t know if meteor would work because most broadband doesn’t even get signal in my area. I cant get Vodafone, BT or Eircom. I’m with 3 ATM.