SPARTAN OPS - Are you excited?

This is what I believe the new gamemode in Halo 4, Spartan Ops, will be like. This is purely speculation.

Spartan Ops sounds like an extraordinary gamemode to me with an infinite amount of possibilities. There’s just so much that 343 can do with this.

Let’s start off with the basics. You’ll be able to use your Spartan from Matchmaking as your playable character. This would allow for you and your character to be connected on a personal level. It’s your Spartan performing these operations, just like how in Reach you were the main character. I love this idea of personalization, feeling as if a Spartan you created actually has some significance in the Halo universe.

What is really great about Spartan Ops is that there will be about five missions available every single week over the course of however long the content can go for. This is also another campaign with multiple parts. ANOTHER CAMPAIGN, people. Two campaigns in the same game. That’s amazing! Oh, yeah. It’s also FREE. Let’s see…

There are 52 weeks in a year, 1-5 missions a week. So, if we go by the maximum (5 missions a week), that’s 260 missions a year. If we go by the minimum (1 mission a week), that’s still 52 missions a year, more than enough content to keep players coming back to play.

Let’s not forget that these missions are also replayable. If a player gets the game a couple months after it releases, they’ll still be able to catch up on their Spartan Ops. This means that we can also replay our favorite missions over and over again.

Missions- Like I said before, the possibilities for the missions are practically infinite. Let me provide an example of how I think one mission may play out. This is just something I made up.

> You’ll start off as your Spartan dropping from a frigate from a drop pod. The planet you’re landing on is Venezia, a powerful Insurrectionist colony that plans to strike the main UNSC world, Earth. This colony consists of human rebels, Grunts, Brutes, and Jackals (a nice mix of enemies, if you ask me). The sky is a mix of a beautiful reds, oranges, and yellows. Finally, after a long freefall similar to the one in Halo 3 ODST, your pod lands just outside the capital city of New Tyne in a thick wooded area. Your mission is to destroy AA guns that are holding back the main UNSC armada from launching a full blown attack on the city.
>
> When you land, your pod door flies open, and you’re met with a few Jackal scouts. You kill them, and then you start your hike to the AA guns. Along the way, you would fight rebel forces. I imagine moving through a heavily wooded area while engaging many Jackal scouts. The entire time, you are traveling slightly uphill. That would be an amazing experience, and it would provide a new mix of gameplay. Moving up a hill in a forest while almost getting killed by Jackal snipers. Amazing.
>
> You finally break through the woods and come to the gun battery site on top of the hill. There are four guns, two of Covenant origin, two of human. A skilled team of players (maximum 4) would send one person to each gun, but the whole team can assault them one by one if they’d like. Keep in mind that these guns are heavily guarded by the various corresponding species of the rebel forces, so it may be tough to break through the defenses alone, especially on Legendary. Remember that your mission is to destroy the guns, so planting an explosive will be required.
>
> If you or your team manages to to destroy all the AA guns, you’ll have to hold out until a Pelican arrives for rescue. During this period, there will be endless waves of enemies trying to kill your squad, so you’ll be thrown right back into the FireFight experience. The enemies will get increasing more challenging and more abundant each wave, with features such as suicide Grunts, Jackal snipers, humans with explosives, Chieftain Brutes, vehicles, and much more.
>
> When the Pelican arrives, your Spartans and you will have to make a sprint for it while taking fire from hostiles. If you die, then so be it. You only have one chance to get to safety. The Pelican will lift off after about thirty seconds or so if everybody is not aboard.
>
> You’ve completed the mission. Now you will regroup with the main UNSC fleet stationed above the planets atmosphere that is preparing to assault the capital city of New Tyne and crush this threat.

That was just my idea for a mission. I’m sure 343 has much more creative, complex ones in mind.

Episodes- There will be different seasons of Spartan Ops, each with its own unique story line. These are some I just randomly came up with. This isn’t fact, some of it may not even pertain to future canon, but why not let your imagination run wild?

Venezia Campaign- Assist the UNSC in its invasion of the rebel colony of Venezia.

Installation 03- Explore the surface of another Halo ring discovered by ONI.

Requiem- Land in the shield world and rescue Master Chief. You’ll also be performing special operations against the ancient enemy.

Assault on Earth- Aid in the defense of Earth from Insurrectionists (I’ll be making a thread about this in the future!)

Characters- Different characters will be represented in Spartan Ops. While these characters have not been officially stated, I believe that we will see Frederic-104, Kelly-087, Linda-058, Halsey, Andrew Del Rio, and many others. It is probable to see the mentioned Spartans because they are taking part in instructing the Spartan-IVs in training. Halsey may be included because she is in an ONI station in orbit around Installation 03. Andrew Del Rio is the captain of the UNSC Infinity, so of course we’re going to see him.

I think we may even see the Chief since it has been stated that the Infinity will directly cross Master Chief’s path at sometime during the campaign, which means that operations will be conducted on the shield world Requiem. Amazing.

Thanks for reading, guys. Hopefully Spartan Ops will live up to our expectations and even go above and beyond them. This gamemode has so much potential. I’m sure 343 will pull it off.

I don’t have a link or quote to show you, but im pretty sure they confirmed you will play as your MM Spartan in Ops. Can anyone else back up this information?

I really cant wait! And I love the idea of ODST drop podding into missions. It would be the cherry on the cake.

> I don’t have a link or quote to show you, but im pretty sure they confirmed you will play as your MM Spartan in Ops. Can anyone else back up this information?
>
> I really cant wait! And I love the idea of ODST drop podding into missions. It would be the cherry on the cake.

I can’t find a direction quote of that, but here’s an article about Spartan Ops that inspired me.

Game Informer Spartan Ops Article

Does anybody else have any ideas storywise about Spartan Ops?

I’m really interested in what problems the Spartan-IVs will be dealing with.

I’d like something that involves boarding a covenant ship, and space diving onto a safe platform (like what master chief did after Cairo Station).

I can’t wait for the Spartan Ops - it will add so much dimension to your multiplayer Spartan, and give the character some worth. Reach kinda did this as well, however, I didn’t feel that Firefight was a very compelling game mode as far as lore goes, and playing through the singleplayer from the very first cutscene I was just waiting for my character to die so I didn’t really feel much attachment to the Spartan I created.

But what’s coming in Halo 4 seems like it will be awesome. Can’t wait!

Spartan Ops will play a major role as the Anti-Used games trust, if you buy the game, Spartan Ops “kind of pass”, the life time content will be there, but one time use only.

U 1st heard it here.

I’m more then excited just can’t wait until this game comes out

Signed, and you can only us mm character.

You forgot to add they don’t expire. So if somebody buys the game a year later, they will be able to play all the Spartan Ops. Sources: The May issue of GI

I have a feeling that this is going to be my favorite Halo game yet.

I’m a huge Campaign junkie, and Spartan Ops is literally one of the best things I’ve ever heard from Halo 4.

I can’t wait for this game!

Signed

Just so you know, I modified your post title and took out the last line of your post because they implied “petition” and those aren’t allowed.

Discussions are fine though. :slight_smile:

> You forgot to add they don’t expire. So if somebody buys the game a year later, they will be able to play all the Spartan Ops. Sources: The May issue of GI

Added.

Thanks for pointing that out.

That’s very important.

> Just so you know, I modified your post title and took out the last line of your post because they implied “petition” and those aren’t allowed.
>
> Discussions are fine though. :slight_smile:

Okay. Thanks!

I can’t wait it’s going to be seriously awesome. I say there be like a huge party when Spartan Ops begins.

Very nice ideas in your post. Definitely think a lot of those will come into play.

And yes, Spartan Ops looks amazing :slight_smile:

I hope Offline players will be able to play Spartan Ops and be able to do it solo so they don’t have to deal with that annoying split screen that forces you to use half the screen. If thats the case, I’m 100% excited for Spartan Ops, and Halo 4, I just can’t wait.

I am excited. ^.^

i think i would like it, but i wouldn’t be too excited for it. i usually like playing campaign all the way from beginning to end without playing anything else just so i wouldn’t forget any small details in the story. having to be put on a timed schedule to wait for the next mission week after week isn’t necessarily bad because of people wanting to return, but it’s not the greatest idea either. overall, i’d say it’ll turn out fine.