Spartan Ops Afkers, how to stop them

We all know and hate the people who join Spartan Ops games and grab a quick kill and then AFK for the remainder of the mission. It seems unfair that they get the same amount of experience for none on the work.

There is a way to stop them… File a Complaint and submit a negative player review. They may not get banned (or deranked) right away but they as hell will eventually. The current system is broken right not, if the AFKer gets 1 kill then the auto xp-ban wont target them for being AFK during spartan ops.

Stop posting threads whining about it and attempt to help remedy the situation. We all need to do our part and simply take 10 seconds of our busy life to file a complaint for cheating (which it is). :slight_smile:

SO shouldn’t give XP in first place (exept for challanges), what’s the point of removing Campaign XP if you add XP to SO??

But i don’t even care, SR doesn’t mean anything.

I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.

I don’t see how this is “cheating”.

Now I’m all against it, but it would seem to me that you’re filling out faulty complaints.

> I don’t see how this is “cheating”.
>
> Now I’m all against it, but it would seem to me that you’re filling out faulty complaints.

I wouldn’t fill out faulty complaints, only on people who have been Afking. It is considered cheating, even by 343 which is why you get xpbanned for being afk after a SO mission ends, but there is an easy way around it by simply getting a single kill.

> I don’t see how this is “cheating”.
>
> Now I’m all against it, but it would seem to me that you’re filling out faulty complaints.

Well they are cheating a system by the simple fact that for practically no work they get the same rewards as everyone else. Regardless of how, it devalues rank if only for those people who actually do work for it. “Hey I got my first specialization…oh and that guy did too by pressing A and then walking away.”

For that reason alone xbox would probably do something about it. It’s not hacking, not phishing, but it’s hurting their products and services none the less.

> I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.

Now tell me how in the world AFKers are worst than you, you completed the UNSC weapons commendation (stance) but your only lvl 43… you are a BIG cheater or something, there’s no way that’s legit.

I’d stop worrying about the other guy and be more worried about the Ai. The best thing to do is not care about what they are doing, simply submit a player review and rinse and repeat anytime you come across one. I’ve played games where I’ve only gotten eighteen kills and I’m scrambling every where to get them, bad lag, to players who jack kills as much as they can like it’s an olympic sport, while racing to the next spawn to see it get nuked before you can get off a round in this lag infested soup is frustrating.

So now I don’t johnny hero, I just kill whatever is trying to kill me and then daisy chain up the ladder on the XP. I could care less about AFKs or any random I come across. Most of them are crouching back slapping a-holes as is.

> > I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.
>
> Now tell me how in the world AFKers are worst than you, you completed the UNSC weapons commendation (stance) but your only lvl 43… you are a BIG cheater or something, there’s no way that’s legit.

I’m not defending neither of you, but you have no right to accuse somebody else of cheating without some proof. Take some time and look at his gaming history before you make such foolish accusations.

> > > I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.
> >
> > Now tell me how in the world AFKers are worst than you, you completed the UNSC weapons commendation (stance) but your only lvl 43… you are a BIG cheater or something, there’s no way that’s legit.
>
> I’m not defending neither of you, but you have no right to accuse somebody else of cheating without some proof. Take some time and look at his gaming history before you make such foolish accusations.

Unless SO statistics count in commendations (WEAPONS) he IS a cheater because he just played 12 War games matches.

That’s better.

You cant just grab one kill, depending on How many kills the leading player has you have to have acertain amount of kills or you get 0 exp, well… like 200 exp just for game completion. So you cant actually afk, you still need 15+ Kills.

> I’d stop worrying about the other guy and be more worried about the Ai. The best thing to do is not care about what they are doing, simply submit a player review and rinse and repeat anytime you come across one. I’ve played games where I’ve only gotten eighteen kills and I’m scrambling every where to get them, bad lag, to players who jack kills as much as they can like it’s an olympic sport, while racing to the next spawn to see it get nuked before you can get off a round in this lag infested soup is frustrating.
>
> So now I don’t johnny hero, I just kill whatever is trying to kill me and then daisy chain up the ladder on the XP. I could care less about AFKs or any random I come across. Most of them are crouching back slapping a-holes as is.

I think I’ll stick with your suggestion… It still doesnt seem right that they get the same ammount of exp as everyone else. :confused:

Which technically means, you cant AFK? Since you still need to grab kills.

A quick kill doesnt get them the same exp you need to get alteast 4 to 6. So people who get a kill or dont do anything dont even get 1000 exp.

> > > > I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.
> > >
> > > Now tell me how in the world AFKers are worst than you, you completed the UNSC weapons commendation (stance) but your only lvl 43… you are a BIG cheater or something, there’s no way that’s legit.
> >
> > I’m not defending neither of you, but you have no right to accuse somebody else of cheating without some proof. Take some time and look at his gaming history before you make such foolish accusations.
>
> Unless SO statistics count in commendations (WEAPONS) he IS a cheater because he just played 12 War games matches.

Do you wanna stop stat flaming? Thats a bannable offense

> > > > I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.
> > >
> > > Now tell me how in the world AFKers are worst than you, you completed the UNSC weapons commendation (stance) but your only lvl 43… you are a BIG cheater or something, there’s no way that’s legit.
> >
> > I’m not defending neither of you, but you have no right to accuse somebody else of cheating without some proof. Take some time and look at his gaming history before you make such foolish accusations.
>
> Unless SO statistics count in commendations (WEAPONS) he IS a cheater because he just played 12 War games matches.

I’m a litte confused also it seems he has completed EVERY weapon to max commendation but has played very few War Game matches… I’d guess that Spartan Ops counts towards the weapon commendations even though they state (kill enemy Spartans with [BLANK]). I wouldn’t go accusing anyone of cheating though

I honestly have never come across Spartan Ops AFKers and I’ve been playing it straight for 2 days.

> > I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.
>
> Now tell me how in the world AFKers are worst than you, you completed the UNSC weapons commendation (stance) but your only lvl 43… you are a BIG cheater or something, there’s no way that’s legit.

I saw already SR10 people with Assasin armor and that doesn’t mean you are a cheater or something…

> > > I often push AFKers into gunfire as a distraction.
> >
> > Now tell me how in the world AFKers are worst than you, you completed the UNSC weapons commendation (stance) but your only lvl 43… you are a BIG cheater or something, there’s no way that’s legit.
>
> I saw already SR10 people with Assasin armor and that doesn’t mean you are a cheater or something…

The assassin armor is also a videogame store bonus, that’s LEGIT.

I just played a SO game (Matchmaking) and i checked my Weapons stats before and after, no changes. He is a cheater, no other way.