Spartan op ideas?

With Halo infinite supposdly being bigger and better than previous titles and claiming that mutiplayer has its own story do you think a spiritual successor of Spartan ops is possible and if so what do you all want to see as a Operation that you want to see your spartans take on?

Me? I would like to see a group up and survive or something similar to a op in H4 where you are captured by banish and need to escape a stronghold.

I’d say look at Destiny 2 Strikes layout the successor for Spartan OPs has got to be fast, in new areas, timed gated to a point & have actual Bosses to fight.

like having 3 phases of objectives and then escape.

speaking more broadly I’d love to have something like Gears of War escape.

> 2533274868747146;2:
> speaking more broadly I’d love to have something like Gears of War escape.

Yes that’s what I was thinking.

> 2533274868747146;2:
> I’d say look at Destiny 2 Strikes layout the successor for Spartan OPs has got to be fast, in new areas, timed gated to a point & have actual Bosses to fight.
>
> like having 3 phases of objectives and then escape.
>

Given 343’s heavy emphasis on ‘your Spartans story’ i have highly suspected that a Spartan Ops successor was in the works, that will likely make use of the campaign map, but that they haven’t announced anything yet.

> 2533274868747146;2:
> I’d say look at Destiny 2 Strikes layout the successor for Spartan OPs has got to be fast, in new areas, timed gated to a point & have actual Bosses to fight.
>
> like having 3 phases of objectives and then escape.
>

I like this idea, I can probably see that the 343i will do something similar to keep the game fresh every week or month. What would the reward be at the end of each game, if you could to choose?

I actually liked spartan ops as it kinda was its own campaign and I could play it with my own spartan. I sadly don’t think it will offer a spartan ops because it wasn’t popular enough to be in halo 5. If they do offer it I would love to roll in with my friends and take out some banished, forerunners, and maybe some crispy flood? As for what operations Id like to see, I want to destroy a scarab and uh maybe some boss battles? Like the giant flood monster from halo wars 2 or a giant forerunner sentinal.

The way I understand Infinite’s approach, is that it’s entirely possible we’ll see a shift from the Chief in content subsequent to the main campaign, towards our own characters.

We may not, but that’s my feeling from what they’ve said, and what makes sense (to me) in a ten year platform release approach.

I imagine we could easily see smaller scale missions as part of that. Or equally, add ons to the campaign play space.

But, I like Spartan Ops. Whatever form the future takes, I’d be glad to get to continue the story with my own armour setup.

Eliminate Palmer and don’t replace her with Laurette. Other than that, Spartan OPS was pretty satisfying. Maybe some original maps with each season.

> 2535421108515819;8:
> Eliminate Palmer and don’t replace her with Laurette. Other than that, Spartan OPS was pretty satisfying. Maybe some original maps with each season.

What a more misogenic and racist comment you have made.

I will always defend Spartan Ops, it was a campaign that I really enjoyed playing in Halo 4 with my Spartan, it made me feel part of the story and the plot was really interesting. The problem is that the approach itself was horrible, even more so when playing it in legendary.

Endless waves of enemies with an unfair respawn that caused great frustration. It is not at all normal to end a game with 20 kills just because enemies appear behind you. It was like getting into Firefight mode with a guided story.

I will always support the need for more PVE game modes, I INSIST 343 on the IMPORTANT need to add PVE content, and not just PVP content.

> 2533274842428280;9:
> > 2535421108515819;8:
> > Eliminate Palmer and don’t replace her with Laurette. Other than that, Spartan OPS was pretty satisfying. Maybe some original maps with each season.
>
> What a more misogenic and racist comment you have made.

Quite a bold assumption. Cortana, Johnson, and Arbiter are my three favorite Halo characters. And until now, I hadn’t even thought about their gender or race (Arbiter’s voice actor) as factors.

> 2535421108515819;11:
> > 2533274842428280;9:
> > > 2535421108515819;8:
> > > Eliminate Palmer and don’t replace her with Laurette. Other than that, Spartan OPS was pretty satisfying. Maybe some original maps with each season.
> >
> > What a more misogenic and racist comment you have made.
>
> Quite a bold assumption. Cortana, Johnson, and Arbiter are my three favorite Halo characters. And until now, I hadn’t even thought about their gender or race (Arbiter’s voice actor) as factors.

We both know exactly the reasons why you made that comment. It is not a question of starting a discussion about something obvious.

> 2533274842428280;12:
> > 2535421108515819;11:
> > > 2533274842428280;9:
> > > > 2535421108515819;8:
> > > > Eliminate Palmer and don’t replace her with Laurette. Other than that, Spartan OPS was pretty satisfying. Maybe some original maps with each season.
> > >
> > > What a more misogenic and racist comment you have made.
> >
> > Quite a bold assumption. Cortana, Johnson, and Arbiter are my three favorite Halo characters. And until now, I hadn’t even thought about their gender or race (Arbiter’s voice actor) as factors.
>
> We both know exactly the reasons why you made that comment. It is not a question of starting a discussion about something obvious.

Don’t pretend like you know me. I have helped recruit countless women into the armed forces, have written several letters of recommendation for enlisted females to attend service academies and earn their officer commissions, have rated females higher than their male counterparts due strictly to their superior performance, and have served as a personal trainer (for free) for three women who went on to earn their Ranger tabs.

> 2535421108515819;13:
> > 2533274842428280;12:
> > > 2535421108515819;11:
> > > > 2533274842428280;9:
> > > > > 2535421108515819;8:
> > > > > Eliminate Palmer and don’t replace her with Laurette. Other than that, Spartan OPS was pretty satisfying. Maybe some original maps with each season.
> > > >
> > > > What a more misogenic and racist comment you have made.
> > >
> > > Quite a bold assumption. Cortana, Johnson, and Arbiter are my three favorite Halo characters. And until now, I hadn’t even thought about their gender or race (Arbiter’s voice actor) as factors.
> >
> > We both know exactly the reasons why you made that comment. It is not a question of starting a discussion about something obvious.
>
> Don’t pretend like you know me. I have helped recruit countless women into the armed forces, have written several letters of recommendation for enlisted females to attend service academies and earn their officer commissions, have rated females higher than their male counterparts due strictly to their superior performance, and have served as a personal trainer (for free) for three women who went on to earn their Ranger tabs.

Oki, why don’t you want Palmer to be there, or to be replaced by the new academy officer?

Edit: I ask with sincerity, if I have confused the tone of your message I would like to retify and know the reasons why you say that.

I had posted an idea for a community based PvE/spartan ops mode some time ago. It is mostly inspired by spartan ops with elements of firefight’s challenge and life system. the mode is story based, being told over multiple seasons. Each season would bring 3-4 new missions to play. New seasons would have a set of extremely difficult seasonal challenges (1 per mission). Depending on the total percentage of overall player population that has completed the challenges before the season ends, the outcome of the season’s story arc will either be a victory or defeat (for example: if 50% or more of the player population have completed the challenges, then season ends with a victory. But, if 50% or more have not completed or have failed the challenges, the season ends with a defeat). The next season will continue off of the story outcome of the previous season’s victory or defeat. To make it even more difficult and increase incentive, I had the idea that players only get one shot at completing each challenge. if they mess up they fail the challenge. The player can still go back and play the mission, but the challenge will no longer be achievable.
players would experience each mission cutscene in the first person perspective. I was debating whether or not the player’s character should have a voice during cutscenes(was thinking along the lines of a custom selected character voice), but decided it would be better received for them to be completely silent like the rookie or fireteam crimson.
4-5 players in a team
in each mission, teams would have a limited number of lives (a life pool of 3 lives shared by a team). if the team dies with no remaining lives, they fail. If there is no living players, regardless of remains lives, they fail and are forced to restart the mission (this would get counted as failing a challenge).

> 2533275026446288;15:
> I had posted an idea for a community based PvE/spartan ops mode some time ago. It is mostly inspired by spartan ops with elements of firefight’s challenge and life system. the mode is story based, being told over multiple seasons. Each season would bring 3-4 new missions to play. New seasons would have a set of extremely difficult seasonal challenges (1 per mission). Depending on the total percentage of overall player population that has completed the challenges before the season ends, the outcome of the season’s story arc will either be a victory or defeat (for example: if 50% or more of the player population have completed the challenges, then season ends with a victory. But, if 50% or more have not completed or have failed the challenges, the season ends with a defeat). The next season will continue off of the story outcome of the previous season’s victory or defeat. To make it even more difficult and increase incentive, I had the idea that players only get one shot at completing each challenge. if they mess up they fail the challenge. The player can still go back and play the mission, but the challenge will no longer be achievable.
> players would experience each mission cutscene in the first person perspective. I was debating whether or not the player’s character should have a voice during cutscenes(was thinking along the lines of a custom selected character voice), but decided it would be better received for them to be completely silent like the rookie or fireteam crimson.
> 4-5 players in a team
> in each mission, teams would have a limited number of lives (a life pool of 3 lives shared by a team). if the team dies with no remaining lives, they fail. If there is no living players, regardless of remains lives, they fail and are forced to restart the mission (this would get counted as failing a challenge).

For the story of Halo to evolve based on the actions players take would seem like the best idea I’ve read in a long time.