Spartan "Musketeer" AI Can Be Manipulated

Before I start, I want to make it known that whatever discussions occur in this thread may include possible SPOILERS so if you don’t want to accidentally run into any campaign related information, please run away ASAP!

I happened to watch RUL’s gameplay of missions 1, 2, 3, and 8 on Heroic difficulty and I realized something that apparently not a lot of people on YouTube and Halo WayPoint noticed. Spartan AI behaviors can be manipulated full fledged through the squad mate controls.

Now some people may be saying, “Yes, it’s old news already that we can control them.”, but what’s not exactly new is how we precisely control them.

For example there’s the situation in the mission, Blue Team, when Blue Team has to fight the Hunters for the first time. There are several strategic methods to beating them using squad mechanics.

-Sending the squad to the left and right sides of the room on the bottom floor or on the top side for height advantage
-Focusing fire from the get go on one Hunter while the player solos the other Hunter.
-Everyone focus fires on one Hunter then afterwards doing the same to the next.
-A combination of sending a squad to a specific location and then focusing fire on one Hunter.

Knowing this, AI can be manipulated to be SMART. Which is ironic because not many players believe AI are smart, yet when they are given direct commands, they can sway the battle to your liking if the commands are done with a logical battle process.

For this, I believe in the right hands, even Legendary mode won’t be too much of a hassle to accomplish solo. What do you guys think about the possibilities of what the Spartan AI can do for you via squad mechanics? Cuz I think it changes everything related to group combat in Halo.

Doesn’t sound like manipulation, sounds like using them like they were designed to be

> 2533274906745123;2:
> Doesn’t sound like manipulation, sounds like using them like they were designed to be

This.

This is amusing because Dustin Legare had a tough time with them getting stuck and taking their time on legendary.

Also I think spamming whichever command is detrimental and confuses the AI.

In mission 8 I think tanak died and nothing really happened I expected that you would be returned to your last check point but no she just resurrected her herself after while

> 2533274906745123;2:
> Doesn’t sound like manipulation, sounds like using them like they were designed to be

What I mean by “manipulation” is that they can be used better than what the tools we’re given to do the manipulation have been opted for by the Devs. Sure they most likely have accounted for players moving their squad around like chess pieces, but in a huge sand box experience that is Halo 5s campaign, there’s so much more possibilities out there.

Like having one Spartan drive a rocket mongoose while you tell one Spartan to man a turret in one corner of the area while you command the last Spartan to ride shotgun with you on a Scorpion tank. The combinations are interesting to say the least.