Spartan movement in cutscenes.

I’d like to address my problem with the mocap movement of the spartans in cutscenes so far and how infinite can improve it.

To me at least all the spartans in every cutscene in everyegame move just like a regular person. I don’t mean regular people jumping from planes and running down mountains. I mean how fast they run or how they jump like team Osiris in the scene when they are running and jumping trying to escape the rising guardian surrounded by lava. If you take that scene and compare it to the opening scene with the same characters they seem, to me at least, to be escaping a floating platform mario mission surrounded by lava running and jumping at turtle speed. Not to mention the Chief and Lockes hand to hand fight was paced like two grandpas having a tussle.

Spartans are supposed to have Augmented reflexes enhanced by Mjilnor. Why do they all move at normal speed? The only good part is that its easy to follow all the action. You can see every punch.

So far the best representation of how Spartans move and fight in a cutscene was Halo Wars when Red team met Atriox. However the best representation of spartan movement in my opinion was in the Halo Legends anime The Babysitter. The Spartan fight with the Brute. The Spartan didn’t run around like the flash to show her speed she just moved at the last second incredably fast to avoid an attack. Even after dodging she had her AR out and it moved at the same time as her head. It is still my favorite Spartan fight because of all the subdle details in the movement.

I hope Halo Infinite addresses this in its cutscenes. What are your thoughts?

> 2781911019823810;1:
> I’d like to address my problem with the mocap movement of the spartans in cutscenes so far and how infinite can improve it.
>
> To me at least all the spartans in every cutscene in everyegame move just like a regular person. I don’t mean regular people jumping from planes and running down mountains. I mean how fast they run or how they jump like team Osiris in the scene when they are running and jumping trying to escape the rising guardian surrounded by lava. If you take that scene and compare it to the opening scene with the same characters they seem, to me at least, to be escaping a floating platform mario mission surrounded by lava running and jumping at turtle speed. Not to mention the Chief and Lockes hand to hand fight was paced like two grandpas having a tussle.
>
> Spartans are supposed to have Augmented reflexes enhanced by Mjilnor. Why do they all move at normal speed? The only good part is that its easy to follow all the action. You can see every punch.
>
> So far the best representation of how Spartans move and fight in a cutscene was Halo Wars when Red team met Atriox. However the best representation of spartan movement in my opinion was in the Halo Legends anime The Babysitter. The Spartan fight with the Brute. The Spartan didn’t run around like the flash to show her speed she just moved at the last second incredably fast to avoid an attack. Even after dodging she had her AR out and it moved at the same time as her head. It is still my favorite Spartan fight because of all the subdle details in the movement.
>
> I hope Halo Infinite addresses this in its cutscenes. What are your thoughts?

Similar to the emperor palpatine fight in revenge of the sith,I think it’s hard to properly execute how fast and agile they can be in a cutscene without it seeming goofy

Well, it is rather hard for normal humans to move with the reflexes of a Super Soldier from the 26th century. That said, I’d imagine they could probably do some editing with software to fix the reaction and speed issue.

Personally, it did always bother me that the Spartans seem so tame in comparison to what we’re lead to believe they can do.

How we’re told how strong and fast they are, how efficient they are, but we’re shown very little of this. Then all of a sudden someone bigger, faster, stronger, and more intelligent comes along and starts throwing them around like they’re just toys. And that’s fine except for the fact that we’re not given any reason to believe they can be thrown around when all we’ve heard is about how great they’re supposed to be as the next step in human evolution.

So I agree, I hope in Infinite this is resolved and we get to see the full capabilities of a Spartan in action instead of feeling like a normal person who happens to just be a slight step up from a normal, squishy human.

It would be cool to see them move like they actually can. I remember seeing a trailer of H5 before launch where Locke is sprinting around smashing through walls at inhuman speeds and then the tame actually came out and everyone is moving like snails lol

Absolutely. We need more ‘super’ in our superhumans!

> 2781911019823810;1:
> Chief and Lockes hand to hand fight was paced like two grandpas having a tussle.

Why’d you have to go and remind me of that?! lol