Spartan Missions (Raids)

Since Halo Infinite will be a long term game for the franchise they can try many different things to spice up the typical Halo formula. We do not know what type of staffing they will maintain during it’s life cycle, but if they keep development ramped up a lot of possibilities can occur.

What if every 6 months they released a raid type mission that can be from ODST and Spartan missions showcasing Halo’s lore? You would go into the raid with a fireteam and could choose the difficulty to tailor the experience to your skill level. When completing these you get exclusive armor and skins based on the difficulty or possibly time it took to complete the mission.

> 2533274792737987;1:
> Since Halo Infinite will be a long term game for the franchise they can try many different things to spice up the typical Halo formula. We do not know what type of staffing they will maintain during it’s life cycle, but if they keep development ramped up a lot of possibilities can occur.
>
> What if every 6 months they released a raid type mission that can be from ODST and Spartan missions showcasing Halo’s lore? You would go into the raid with a fireteam and could choose the difficulty to tailor the experience to your skill level. When completing these you get exclusive armor and skins based on the difficulty or possibly time it took to complete the mission.

Soo basically a d2 raid but halo’s style. I like the idea.

> 2535456459604699;2:
> > 2533274792737987;1:
> > Since Halo Infinite will be a long term game for the franchise they can try many different things to spice up the typical Halo formula. We do not know what type of staffing they will maintain during it’s life cycle, but if they keep development ramped up a lot of possibilities can occur.
> >
> > What if every 6 months they released a raid type mission that can be from ODST and Spartan missions showcasing Halo’s lore? You would go into the raid with a fireteam and could choose the difficulty to tailor the experience to your skill level. When completing these you get exclusive armor and skins based on the difficulty or possibly time it took to complete the mission.
>
> Soo basically a d2 raid but halo’s style. I like the idea.

I feel like they can really dive into a lot of lore with this style of gameplay. Not sure if you read Shadows of Reach, but that would be a pretty rad raid. Of course RPG elements practically wouldn’t be existent, but that doesn’t mean you couldn’t follow the same raid-like template. This would be worth trying if Halo Infinite is truly going to be a long term platform. Long unique story driven modes could breath a lot of life into Halo and allow people not familiar with old stories to really fall in love with the Halo Universe which would in turn create higher player retention. I really hope they are planning on a season-like structure with the future of Halo where they have a road map with multiple teams focusing on expanding the game drastically in different avenues. They can take risks this way for trying new modes, and not necessarily just altered ones.

> 2533274792737987;3:
> > 2535456459604699;2:
> > > 2533274792737987;1:
> > > Since Halo Infinite will be a long term game for the franchise they can try many different things to spice up the typical Halo formula. We do not know what type of staffing they will maintain during it’s life cycle, but if they keep development ramped up a lot of possibilities can occur.
> > >
> > > What if every 6 months they released a raid type mission that can be from ODST and Spartan missions showcasing Halo’s lore? You would go into the raid with a fireteam and could choose the difficulty to tailor the experience to your skill level. When completing these you get exclusive armor and skins based on the difficulty or possibly time it took to complete the mission.
> >
> > Soo basically a d2 raid but halo’s style. I like the idea.
>
> I feel like they can really dive into a lot of lore with this style of gameplay. Not sure if you read Shadows of Reach, but that would be a pretty rad raid. Of course RPG elements practically wouldn’t be existent, but that doesn’t mean you couldn’t follow the same raid-like template. This would be worth trying if Halo Infinite is truly going to be a long term platform. Long unique story driven modes could breath a lot of life into Halo and allow people not familiar with old stories to really fall in love with the Halo Universe which would in turn create higher player retention. I really hope they are planning on a season-like structure with the future of Halo where they have a road map with multiple teams focusing on expanding the game drastically in different avenues. They can take risks this way for trying new modes, and not necessarily just altered ones.

I really like the idea. I fear the only issue with it would be the amount of acting production which may be required if you’re going to do such iconic moments in the series with particular ‘voiced’ characters.

I think in terms of keeping production values down if you’re going with the concept, it may be training type scenarios using your own Spartan - more like a Spartan Ops kind of deal

> 2533274874872263;4:
> > 2533274792737987;3:
> > > 2535456459604699;2:
> > > > 2533274792737987;1:
> > > > Since Halo Infinite will be a long term game for the franchise they can try many different things to spice up the typical Halo formula. We do not know what type of staffing they will maintain during it’s life cycle, but if they keep development ramped up a lot of possibilities can occur.
> > > >
> > > > What if every 6 months they released a raid type mission that can be from ODST and Spartan missions showcasing Halo’s lore? You would go into the raid with a fireteam and could choose the difficulty to tailor the experience to your skill level. When completing these you get exclusive armor and skins based on the difficulty or possibly time it took to complete the mission.
> > >
> > > Soo basically a d2 raid but halo’s style. I like the idea.
> >
> > I feel like they can really dive into a lot of lore with this style of gameplay. Not sure if you read Shadows of Reach, but that would be a pretty rad raid. Of course RPG elements practically wouldn’t be existent, but that doesn’t mean you couldn’t follow the same raid-like template. This would be worth trying if Halo Infinite is truly going to be a long term platform. Long unique story driven modes could breath a lot of life into Halo and allow people not familiar with old stories to really fall in love with the Halo Universe which would in turn create higher player retention. I really hope they are planning on a season-like structure with the future of Halo where they have a road map with multiple teams focusing on expanding the game drastically in different avenues. They can take risks this way for trying new modes, and not necessarily just altered ones.
>
> I really like the idea. I fear the only issue with it would be the amount of acting production which may be required if you’re going to do such iconic moments in the series with particular ‘voiced’ characters.
>
> I think in terms of keeping production values down if you’re going with the concept, it may be training type scenarios using your own Spartan - more like a Spartan Ops kind of deal

There is a lot of ways of doing it however if Microsoft really wants to get Halo to the top again going overboard would be the way to do it. The production wouldn’t be too bad if they release one or two every year. The question is are they going to be fully staffed throughout Halo Infinite’s life cycle. If so they could create specific teams. My expectation for Halo Infinite is a steady flow of new content that is diverse to keep the community engaged. They had enough time to borderline make an MMO so they probably created a very in depth framework in the engine for adding content faster and easier than ever before.

> 2533274792737987;5:
> > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > 2533274792737987;3:
> > > > 2535456459604699;2:
> > > > > 2533274792737987;1:
> > > > > Since Halo Infinite will be a long term game for the franchise they can try many different things to spice up the typical Halo formula. We do not know what type of staffing they will maintain during it’s life cycle, but if they keep development ramped up a lot of possibilities can occur.
> > > > >
> > > > > What if every 6 months they released a raid type mission that can be from ODST and Spartan missions showcasing Halo’s lore? You would go into the raid with a fireteam and could choose the difficulty to tailor the experience to your skill level. When completing these you get exclusive armor and skins based on the difficulty or possibly time it took to complete the mission.
> > > >
> > > > Soo basically a d2 raid but halo’s style. I like the idea.
> > >
> > > I feel like they can really dive into a lot of lore with this style of gameplay. Not sure if you read Shadows of Reach, but that would be a pretty rad raid. Of course RPG elements practically wouldn’t be existent, but that doesn’t mean you couldn’t follow the same raid-like template. This would be worth trying if Halo Infinite is truly going to be a long term platform. Long unique story driven modes could breath a lot of life into Halo and allow people not familiar with old stories to really fall in love with the Halo Universe which would in turn create higher player retention. I really hope they are planning on a season-like structure with the future of Halo where they have a road map with multiple teams focusing on expanding the game drastically in different avenues. They can take risks this way for trying new modes, and not necessarily just altered ones.
> >
> > I really like the idea. I fear the only issue with it would be the amount of acting production which may be required if you’re going to do such iconic moments in the series with particular ‘voiced’ characters.
> >
> > I think in terms of keeping production values down if you’re going with the concept, it may be training type scenarios using your own Spartan - more like a Spartan Ops kind of deal
>
> There is a lot of ways of doing it however if Microsoft really wants to get Halo to the top again going overboard would be the way to do it. The production wouldn’t be too bad if they release one or two every year. The question is are they going to be fully staffed throughout Halo Infinite’s life cycle. If so they could create specific teams. My expectation for Halo Infinite is a steady flow of new content that is diverse to keep the community engaged. They had enough time to borderline make an MMO so they probably created a very in depth framework in the engine for adding content faster and easier than ever before.

That’s a very fair point. It will be very interesting to see how it goes with the regular content drops.

As much as I hope it’s not some over arching, live service, grind-fest, a co-op raid-style mode would be cool. Instead of super powerful loot, you could earn unlock armor pieces, visors, and coatings to differentiate yourself from the rest of the other Spartans. Plus a sweet, challenging co-op mode would be awesome, but it would have to be better than Spartan Ops for sure

Only if it doesnt involve Chief. Keep it in lore but only with MP characters.

halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.

Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.

> 2533274840624875;9:
> halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
>
> Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.

You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.

> 2533274792737987;10:
> > 2533274840624875;9:
> > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> >
> > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
>
> You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.

so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for

> 2533274840624875;11:
> > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> > >
> > > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
> >
> > You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.
>
> so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for

I’m asking for rewarding missions that’s why I put “(raids)”. Did you read my original post? I stated it is unclear how staffing will be. If they are still max production they can work on expansions and this if they have teams put together. It seems like expansions are a given however I want variety for the game to draw in people and show them lore. A raid has a specific feel to it outside of a campaign. They literally have Microsoft’s money…

> 2533274792737987;12:
> > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> > > >
> > > > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
> > >
> > > You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.
> >
> > so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for
>
> I’m asking for rewarding missions that’s why I put “(raids)”. Did you read my original post? I stated it is unclear how staffing will be. If they are still max production they can work on expansions and this if they have teams put together. It seems like expansions are a given however I want variety for the game to draw in people and show them lore. A raid has a specific feel to it outside of a campaign. They literally have Microsoft’s money…

why question then is why? Why make specific missions for that? Just make cosmetics tied to challenges that launch with the existing campaigns. That means legendary, legendary solo, LASO etc. You can fulfill the same thing without the need of a specified team for 1 mission. 1 mission doesn’t add variety given they would follow the same rules as the campaign.

It sounds like you want a destiny raid, only subtract all mechanics and all loot (given there is no loot system) and replace it with cosmetics. This in itself has low replay value and is no longer something that possesses variety given it would be similar to that of the campaign. The only things that stand out about raids are the mechanics. Those kinds of mechanics dont play well with Halo’s sandbox system as they tend to require specific ways of completion.

Idk, I guess my point is I don’t see a point to push for this when the same thing is fulfilled from expansion additions. A single mission wouldn’t create variety and making things cosmetic 100% removes replay value. The only way to do cosmetics would be challenges for those missions, but again, why do them then when they can implement the same idea to the normal campaigns and focus purely on the launch of the next campaign, instead of separating into different teams.

> 2533274840624875;13:
> > 2533274792737987;12:
> > > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> > > > >
> > > > > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
> > > >
> > > > You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.
> > >
> > > so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for
> >
> > I’m asking for rewarding missions that’s why I put “(raids)”. Did you read my original post? I stated it is unclear how staffing will be. If they are still max production they can work on expansions and this if they have teams put together. It seems like expansions are a given however I want variety for the game to draw in people and show them lore. A raid has a specific feel to it outside of a campaign. They literally have Microsoft’s money…
>
> why question then is why? Why make specific missions for that? Just make cosmetics tied to challenges that launch with the existing campaigns. That means legendary, legendary solo, LASO etc. You can fulfill the same thing without the need of a specified team for 1 mission. 1 mission doesn’t add variety given they would follow the same rules as the campaign.
>
> It sounds like you want a destiny raid, only subtract all mechanics and all loot (given there is no loot system) and replace it with cosmetics. This in itself has low replay value and is no longer something that possesses variety given it would be similar to that of the campaign. The only things that stand out about raids are the mechanics. Those kinds of mechanics dont play well with Halo’s sandbox system as they tend to require specific ways of completion.
>
> Idk, I guess my point is I don’t see a point to push for this when the same thing is fulfilled from expansion additions. A single mission wouldn’t create variety and making things cosmetic 100% removes replay value. The only way to do cosmetics would be challenges for those missions, but again, why do them then when they can implement the same idea to the normal campaigns and focus purely on the launch of the next campaign, instead of separating into different teams.

I do not want a Destiny type raid at all…Cosmetics are going to probably come from the open world so I don’t see what’s different.

Why do that? I told you already 3 times…experiencing lore. You say it has no replay value, but you just described a typical Halo mission which has replay value. I feel like you are very dogmatic when it comes to Halo exploring other experiences. I’m not sure if you read the Halo books, but there is plenty of experiences a lot of Halo fans would love to experience that are not set in the future.

> 2533274792737987;14:
> > 2533274840624875;13:
> > > 2533274792737987;12:
> > > > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > > > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > > > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > > > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
> > > > >
> > > > > You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.
> > > >
> > > > so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for
> > >
> > > I’m asking for rewarding missions that’s why I put “(raids)”. Did you read my original post? I stated it is unclear how staffing will be. If they are still max production they can work on expansions and this if they have teams put together. It seems like expansions are a given however I want variety for the game to draw in people and show them lore. A raid has a specific feel to it outside of a campaign. They literally have Microsoft’s money…
> >
> > why question then is why? Why make specific missions for that? Just make cosmetics tied to challenges that launch with the existing campaigns. That means legendary, legendary solo, LASO etc. You can fulfill the same thing without the need of a specified team for 1 mission. 1 mission doesn’t add variety given they would follow the same rules as the campaign.
> >
> > It sounds like you want a destiny raid, only subtract all mechanics and all loot (given there is no loot system) and replace it with cosmetics. This in itself has low replay value and is no longer something that possesses variety given it would be similar to that of the campaign. The only things that stand out about raids are the mechanics. Those kinds of mechanics dont play well with Halo’s sandbox system as they tend to require specific ways of completion.
> >
> > Idk, I guess my point is I don’t see a point to push for this when the same thing is fulfilled from expansion additions. A single mission wouldn’t create variety and making things cosmetic 100% removes replay value. The only way to do cosmetics would be challenges for those missions, but again, why do them then when they can implement the same idea to the normal campaigns and focus purely on the launch of the next campaign, instead of separating into different teams.
>
> I do not want a Destiny type raid at all…Cosmetics are going to probably come from the open world so I don’t see what’s different.
>
> Why do that? I told you already 3 times…experiencing lore. You say it has no replay value, but you just described a typical Halo mission which has replay value. I feel like you are very dogmatic when it comes to Halo exploring other experiences. I’m not sure if you read the Halo books, but there is plenty of experiences a lot of Halo fans would love to experience that are not set in the future.

and lore cant be implemented in the main campaigns why?

> 2533274840624875;15:
> > 2533274792737987;14:
> > > 2533274840624875;13:
> > > > 2533274792737987;12:
> > > > > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > > > > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > > > > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > > > > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.
> > > > >
> > > > > so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for
> > > >
> > > > I’m asking for rewarding missions that’s why I put “(raids)”. Did you read my original post? I stated it is unclear how staffing will be. If they are still max production they can work on expansions and this if they have teams put together. It seems like expansions are a given however I want variety for the game to draw in people and show them lore. A raid has a specific feel to it outside of a campaign. They literally have Microsoft’s money…
> > >
> > > why question then is why? Why make specific missions for that? Just make cosmetics tied to challenges that launch with the existing campaigns. That means legendary, legendary solo, LASO etc. You can fulfill the same thing without the need of a specified team for 1 mission. 1 mission doesn’t add variety given they would follow the same rules as the campaign.
> > >
> > > It sounds like you want a destiny raid, only subtract all mechanics and all loot (given there is no loot system) and replace it with cosmetics. This in itself has low replay value and is no longer something that possesses variety given it would be similar to that of the campaign. The only things that stand out about raids are the mechanics. Those kinds of mechanics dont play well with Halo’s sandbox system as they tend to require specific ways of completion.
> > >
> > > Idk, I guess my point is I don’t see a point to push for this when the same thing is fulfilled from expansion additions. A single mission wouldn’t create variety and making things cosmetic 100% removes replay value. The only way to do cosmetics would be challenges for those missions, but again, why do them then when they can implement the same idea to the normal campaigns and focus purely on the launch of the next campaign, instead of separating into different teams.
> >
> > I do not want a Destiny type raid at all…Cosmetics are going to probably come from the open world so I don’t see what’s different.
> >
> > Why do that? I told you already 3 times…experiencing lore. You say it has no replay value, but you just described a typical Halo mission which has replay value. I feel like you are very dogmatic when it comes to Halo exploring other experiences. I’m not sure if you read the Halo books, but there is plenty of experiences a lot of Halo fans would love to experience that are not set in the future.
>
> and lore cant be implemented in the main campaigns why?

I’m not stating it cannot. You are too focused on the word “raid”. There is a reason why I put Spartan Missions (raids) as the title.

> 2533274792737987;16:
> > 2533274840624875;15:
> > > 2533274792737987;14:
> > > > 2533274840624875;13:
> > > > > 2533274792737987;12:
> > > > > > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > > > > > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > > > > > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > > > > > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m asking for rewarding missions that’s why I put “(raids)”. Did you read my original post? I stated it is unclear how staffing will be. If they are still max production they can work on expansions and this if they have teams put together. It seems like expansions are a given however I want variety for the game to draw in people and show them lore. A raid has a specific feel to it outside of a campaign. They literally have Microsoft’s money…
> > > >
> > > > why question then is why? Why make specific missions for that? Just make cosmetics tied to challenges that launch with the existing campaigns. That means legendary, legendary solo, LASO etc. You can fulfill the same thing without the need of a specified team for 1 mission. 1 mission doesn’t add variety given they would follow the same rules as the campaign.
> > > >
> > > > It sounds like you want a destiny raid, only subtract all mechanics and all loot (given there is no loot system) and replace it with cosmetics. This in itself has low replay value and is no longer something that possesses variety given it would be similar to that of the campaign. The only things that stand out about raids are the mechanics. Those kinds of mechanics dont play well with Halo’s sandbox system as they tend to require specific ways of completion.
> > > >
> > > > Idk, I guess my point is I don’t see a point to push for this when the same thing is fulfilled from expansion additions. A single mission wouldn’t create variety and making things cosmetic 100% removes replay value. The only way to do cosmetics would be challenges for those missions, but again, why do them then when they can implement the same idea to the normal campaigns and focus purely on the launch of the next campaign, instead of separating into different teams.
> > >
> > > I do not want a Destiny type raid at all…Cosmetics are going to probably come from the open world so I don’t see what’s different.
> > >
> > > Why do that? I told you already 3 times…experiencing lore. You say it has no replay value, but you just described a typical Halo mission which has replay value. I feel like you are very dogmatic when it comes to Halo exploring other experiences. I’m not sure if you read the Halo books, but there is plenty of experiences a lot of Halo fans would love to experience that are not set in the future.
> >
> > and lore cant be implemented in the main campaigns why?
>
> I’m not stating it cannot. You are too focused on the word “raid”. There is a reason why I put Spartan Missions (raids) as the title.

no, now I’m focused on your point that its to experience lore. that infers lore isnt part of the main campaign and cant be part of it. Which again, this brings up the question of why create a weird separation of content. Why not just put all focus on the follow-up campaigns. Ones that go through more EU lore and then throw in challenges and such that reward cosmetics. Why make it separate?

Honestly I would love this. It would be weird to make it difficult though considering the usual Halo formula. Raids tend to have mechanics. I have no idea how Halo could implement something like mechanics into its game.

im always open the be awed though!

> 2533274840624875;17:
> > 2533274792737987;16:
> > > 2533274840624875;15:
> > > > 2533274792737987;14:
> > > > > 2533274840624875;13:
> > > > > > 2533274792737987;12:
> > > > > > > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > > > > > > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > > > > > > halo isn’t that kind of game. At most expect something similar to spartan ops but, from a campaign perspective, it will most likely focus on major story dlcs. Aka new campaigns. the size and scope of things will be unknown but expecting something similar to destiny is just nonsense to me. At the end of the day, they are making a Halo game. Not an MMO. “Raids” just don’t fit into Halos framework. You could make the argument that they could go the spartan ops route, which they easily could. However, that wouldn’t be a “raid.” That term has major baggage with it and the use of such a mission just doesn’t make sense to me in the context of Halo.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Much of the live service systems will most likely be similar to MCC. Being seasonal injections of armors, skins etc with also the additions of new maps and challenges. If we extend that to forge, you also have the inclusion of new forge pieces. Challenges would encompass both the campaign and multiplayer thus allowing for campaign-specific unlocks. Then once a year or every 2 years, a medium to large campaign will be released.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > You say it doesn’t fit the framework, but a lot of spartan mission in lore actually do fit the raid framework. Warzone would be closer to an MMO than what I proposed. I just used the word “raid” as a generalization of the experience. It wouldn’t be anywhere near Destiny either. Destiny raids require mechanics to get to the next areas where I am referring to long lore missions such as Shadows of Reach. It’s not about what Halo isn’t, it is about whY is the best way to deliver an experience while investing in lore and doing something new.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > so you’re asking for an additional mission. Why even implement that when all resources can go into a mini-campaign or full-blown campaign that does that? At this point, it’s just an expansion, and using different terminology no longer has a point. I don’t know what your asking for
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I’m asking for rewarding missions that’s why I put “(raids)”. Did you read my original post? I stated it is unclear how staffing will be. If they are still max production they can work on expansions and this if they have teams put together. It seems like expansions are a given however I want variety for the game to draw in people and show them lore. A raid has a specific feel to it outside of a campaign. They literally have Microsoft’s money…
> > > > >
> > > > > why question then is why? Why make specific missions for that? Just make cosmetics tied to challenges that launch with the existing campaigns. That means legendary, legendary solo, LASO etc. You can fulfill the same thing without the need of a specified team for 1 mission. 1 mission doesn’t add variety given they would follow the same rules as the campaign.
> > > > >
> > > > > It sounds like you want a destiny raid, only subtract all mechanics and all loot (given there is no loot system) and replace it with cosmetics. This in itself has low replay value and is no longer something that possesses variety given it would be similar to that of the campaign. The only things that stand out about raids are the mechanics. Those kinds of mechanics dont play well with Halo’s sandbox system as they tend to require specific ways of completion.
> > > > >
> > > > > Idk, I guess my point is I don’t see a point to push for this when the same thing is fulfilled from expansion additions. A single mission wouldn’t create variety and making things cosmetic 100% removes replay value. The only way to do cosmetics would be challenges for those missions, but again, why do them then when they can implement the same idea to the normal campaigns and focus purely on the launch of the next campaign, instead of separating into different teams.
> > > >
> > > > I do not want a Destiny type raid at all…Cosmetics are going to probably come from the open world so I don’t see what’s different.
> > > >
> > > > Why do that? I told you already 3 times…experiencing lore. You say it has no replay value, but you just described a typical Halo mission which has replay value. I feel like you are very dogmatic when it comes to Halo exploring other experiences. I’m not sure if you read the Halo books, but there is plenty of experiences a lot of Halo fans would love to experience that are not set in the future.
> > >
> > > and lore cant be implemented in the main campaigns why?
> >
> > I’m not stating it cannot. You are too focused on the word “raid”. There is a reason why I put Spartan Missions (raids) as the title.
>
> no, now I’m focused on your point that its to experience lore. that infers lore isnt part of the main campaign and cant be part of it. Which again, this brings up the question of why create a weird separation of content. Why not just put all focus on the follow-up campaigns. Ones that go through more EU lore and then throw in challenges and such that reward cosmetics. Why make it separate?

Because limiting yourself to current/post Halo Infinite lore makes no sense. I’m assuming you haven’t read the books and understand what I mean by stating lore. Plenty of missions have the opportunity to have a great gameplay experiences.

> 2535462450434439;18:
> Honestly I would love this. It would be weird to make it difficult though considering the usual Halo formula. Raids tend to have mechanics. I have no idea how Halo could implement something like mechanics into its game.
>
> im always open the be awed though!

Imagine playing as Blue team during Shadows of Reach for example.