Spartan laser

Is anybody else Beyond Frustrated with the spartan laser kill commendation?

> 2533275005778961;1:
> Is anybody else Beyond Frustrated with the spartan laser kill commendation?

Or the Defending the flag Commendation?

I never encounter any CTF games… and the Splaser is so weak.

In a custom earlier, no damage modifiers. A Splaser can basically kill a Scoprion, sending it straight to critical damage… yet in Fiesta, I shot someone directly with the Splaser and only depleted their shields. Explain that logic.

> 2533274939018653;3:
> > 2533274939018653;3:
> > I never encounter any CTF games… and the Splaser is so weak.
> >
> > In a custom earlier, no damage modifiers. A Splaser can basically kill a Scoprion, sending it straight to critical damage… yet in Fiesta, I shot someone directly with the Splaser and only depleted their shields. Explain that logic.
>
> I completely agree its under powered. Its so frustrating.

what we need is the Halo CE CMT spartan laser…

> 2533274939018653;3:
> I never encounter any CTF games… and the Splaser is so weak.
>
> In a custom earlier, no damage modifiers. A Splaser can basically kill a Scoprion, sending it straight to critical damage… yet in Fiesta, I shot someone directly with the Splaser and only depleted their shields. Explain that logic.

You make a valid point.
And for the splaser commendation, I finished it in warzone, killing a tank and a wraith. Best option is to wait that someone spawn a vehicule and then you spawn your laser

H5 is just a couple of months old, I’m sure you’ll get it no problem.

> 2533274939018653;3:
> I never encounter any CTF games… and the Splaser is so weak.
>
> In a custom earlier, no damage modifiers. A Splaser can basically kill a Scoprion, sending it straight to critical damage… yet in Fiesta, I shot someone directly with the Splaser and only depleted their shields. Explain that logic.

Spartan Laser is an anti-vehicle weapon and not anti-spartan . Explained .

The update mentioned that the laser is being looked at.

> 2535461224148659;8:
> > 2533274939018653;3:
> >
> > In a custom earlier, no damage modifiers. A Splaser can basically kill a Scoprion, sending it straight to critical damage… yet in Fiesta, I shot someone directly with the Splaser and only depleted their shields. Explain that logic.
>
>
> Spartan Laser is an anti-vehicle weapon and not anti-spartan . Explained .

true but if it can do so much damage to a tank then surely it should kill a spartan in one shot

Not to mention its hard as hell with the charge to kill a moving spartan with the laser. Or maybe I just suck with it. But yes, I am at 1/50 on level 5, and don’t think I’ll be getting it anytime soon.

I’m on level 3 and no more SpLasers in my inventory…so much pain

I finished it yesterday (it was my last one) and it can be a pain, but I’ll tell you a secret. Use the endgame laser and it’s very easy to get 7 or 8 kills with it per warzone round. Seriously, the charge time is so short you can almost use it like a laser sniper rifle on spartans instead of vehicles. I had one round the other day where I got like 11 kills in one game with it.

> 2535449682372119;13:
> I finished it yesterday (it was my last one) and it can be a pain, but I’ll tell you a secret. Use the endgame laser and it’s very easy to get 7 or 8 kills with it per warzone round. Seriously, the charge time is so short you can almost use it like a laser sniper rifle on spartans instead of vehicles. I had one round the other day where I got like 11 kills in one game with it.

Sorry for the double. I meant to edit my post, not quote it. lol

The spartan laser is the last weapon commendation I need for Weapon Mastery and it is very annoying. It is generally OK against vehicles but even there I’ve found it to be inconsistent. It really needs to do more damage to spartans since it is so difficult to hit a running, boosting spartan when they can both see and hear the targeting laser.

The recent BTB update has really boosted my splaser kills though. There are lots of great new community maps that feature the laser and long sightlines. Also looking forward to the splaser changes coming in the next update, should make it easy to finish the commendation off.

Halo taunts me now with so many opponents with vehicles they poorly operate…when I have my lasers, no I go against iSpiteful vehicle operators

I finished my Laser commendation. I hated it at first but got used to it by the end. Finished it when Fiesta Slayer first dropped so my last 15 or so Laser kills were on Spartans in Arena maps.

The Laser is fine.

I finished my spartan laser (and with that ALL weapon coms) 2 days ago. I did the majority in BTB. CTF on Recurve was a big help, so is CTF/Slayer on Deadlock. Got 14 laser kills in 1 Deadlock Slayer (2 separate fully loaded wart hogs, a pair of ghosts, fully loaded mongoose, etc).

It definitely was a grind and a pain in my -Yoink-, thats for sure.

Flag defender is another I feel your pain on…thats a whole nother grind itself.

> 2533275005778961;1:
> Is anybody else Beyond Frustrated with the spartan laser kill commendation?

I hate this freaking weapon; you can put a Hot Pocket in the Microwave while the Spartan Laser Charges and the Hot Pocket will be finished first!

> 2535461224148659;8:
> > 2533274939018653;3:
> >
>
>
> Spartan Laser is an anti-vehicle weapon and not anti-spartan . Explained .

Whoa; thanks for the info seriously did not know that; this explains a lot of things like I should take the time and read the weapon characteristics