Spartan Laser is Overpowered

I mean useless.

Because it’s an ordnance weapon, I feel it should be helpful in a lot of situations, but it is rather…useless.

Here are 10 reasons:

1. It only has 4 shots

2. It takes over 5 seconds just to charge

3. It takes extreme skill to hit a MOVING TARGET (All players are usually moving in combat)

4. It isn’t even damaging enough

5. It can be out preformed by every other weapon in the game

6. It has little to no aim assist/BM

7. The ideal situation to use it rarely occurs

8. Its cooldown is way to slow.

9. It is not strong enough to kill most heavy vehicles, and that is what it is DESIGNED for.

10. Shall I state more?

It was a powerful weapon in Halo 3, but Halo 4 has an entirely different sandbox. I don’t see why anyone would want to use it. You might as well just use a rock instead.

> I mean useless.
>
> Because it’s an ordnance weapon, I feel it should be helpful in a lot of situations, but it is rather…useless.
>
> Here are 10 reasons:
>
> 1. It only has 4 shots
>
> 2. It takes over 5 seconds just to charge
>
> 3. It takes extreme skill to hit a MOVING TARGET (All players are usually moving in combat)
>
> 4. It isn’t even damaging enough
>
> 5. It can be out preformed by every other weapon in the game
>
> 6. It has little to no aim assist/BM
>
> 7. The ideal situation to use it rarely occurs
>
> 8. Its cooldown is way to slow.
>
> 9. It is not strong enough to kill most heavy vehicles, and that is what it is DESIGNED for.
>
> 10. Shall I state more?
>
> It was a powerful weapon in Halo 3, but Halo 4 has an entirely different sandbox. I don’t see why anyone would want to use it. You might as well just use a rock instead.

Yeah, could be a new action sack game type, “Rock Hurling” :slight_smile:

To me it is just fine.

It seems perfectly fine when I use it.

You should really only use one when you’re trying to take out a vehicle, getting a player kill has always been damn near impossible

The Spartan Laser is the only real obstacle between me and Protector DRFT. Everything else is either mastered or on the Master tier.

I guess I’ve been using it wrong, because I find it fairly easy to use…

> I mean useless.
>
> Because it’s an ordnance weapon, I feel it should be helpful in a lot of situations, but it is rather…useless.
>
> Here are 10 reasons:
>
> 1. It only has 4 shots
>
>
> 3. It takes extreme skill to hit a MOVING TARGET (All players are usually moving in combat)
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 9. It is not strong enough to kill most heavy vehicles, and that is what it is DESIGNED for.
>
> 10. Shall I state more?
>
> It was a powerful weapon in Halo 3, but Halo 4 has an entirely different sandbox. I don’t see why anyone would want to use it. You might as well just use a rock instead.

1. 6 with the ammo perk, and it’s a high power weapon, that’s why the low ammo. You could also complain with the Rocket Launcher has that les ammo.

2. That’s to counter the weapon’s destructiveness. If you could fire faster, charging less, vehicles would be spammed with laser blasts (next to plamsa grenades).

3. That’s actually true, but you can train that.

4. It’s powerful enough to kill a Warthog with three people in it in one shot, and you have the possibility to hit multiple vehicles.
    If you mean to kill people, that’s because of the Spartan Laser Damage System. The Laser is not one straight death ray killing everything instantly, but actually you do rapid high damage multiple hits with one laser. That’s why you can’t kill Spartans easily when you do not hit them properly.

5. It does not outperform a Plasma Pistol. If you use it right, it’s one of the best.

6. Because of the damage and big “projectile”.

7. Happens often enough in Big Team Battle. It’s purpose it to destroy enemy vehicles. Originally Covenant ones, and the Laser kills every covie vehicle in Halo 4 in one shot if aimed properly.

8. See point 2.

9. It’s designed to kill vehicles in general, not heavily armored one’s. And it makes sense that some things in Halo are armored enough to survive one shot (or more).

10. No.

It might be different to Halo 3, but people should understand that you shouldn’t compare those games, since 343I did create something entirely new. For me, the Spartan Laser is still my favourite weapon in Halo 4 like it was in Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. It’s a very specific weapon, yeah, but extremely useful when it comes to the situation where you need it.
And I usually rock with that weapon then.

> I mean useless.
>
>
> Here are 10 reasons:
>
> 1. It only has 4 shots
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

These are the ones I agree with. In many cases you’d be better off with a Sniper Rifle or Plasma Pistol. Vehicle combat is mostly dead anyways, so Spartan Laser use isn’t frequent either.

There’s also the rare occasion a player survives one.

LOL I must say i shouldve seen this coming. Do you also find it “impossible” to “use” the Pulse Grenade? There is “never” a situation where it can be useful? What do you want the Laser to do? Curve and hit multiple enemies? Fire a ball that shoots more lasers? Fire it into the air and every enemy disintegrates?

I liked it better in Halo 3 when it actually killed in one hit every time like it’s supposed to. Sometimes you’ll hit a vehicle directly with it, and it only gets damaged. It’s only got four shot, so it shouldn’t take two just to destroy one vehicle.

> > I mean useless.
> >
> > Because it’s an ordnance weapon, I feel it should be helpful in a lot of situations, but it is rather…useless.
> >
> > Here are 10 reasons:
> >
> > 1. It only has 4 shots
> >
> > 2. It takes over 5 seconds just to charge
> >
> > 3. It takes extreme skill to hit a MOVING TARGET (All players are usually moving in combat)
> >
> > 4. It isn’t even damaging enough
> >
> > 5. It can be out preformed by every other weapon in the game
> >
> > 6. It has little to no aim assist/BM
> >
> > 7. The ideal situation to use it rarely occurs
> >
> > 8. Its cooldown is way to slow.
> >
> > 9. It is not strong enough to kill most heavy vehicles, and that is what it is DESIGNED for.
> >
> > 10. Shall I state more?
> >
> > It was a powerful weapon in Halo 3, but Halo 4 has an entirely different sandbox. I don’t see why anyone would want to use it. You might as well just use a rock instead.
>
> 1. 6 with the ammo perk, and it’s a high power weapon, that’s why the low ammo. You could also complain with the Rocket Launcher has that les ammo.
>
> 2. That’s to counter the weapon’s destructiveness. If you could fire faster, charging less, vehicles would be spammed with laser blasts (next to plamsa grenades).
>
> 3. That’s actually true, but you can train that.
>
> 4. It’s powerful enough to kill a Warthog with three people in it in one shot, and you have the possibility to hit multiple vehicles.
> If you mean to kill people, that’s because of the Spartan Laser Damage System. The Laser is not one straight death ray killing everything instantly, but actually you do rapid high damage multiple hits with one laser. That’s why you can’t kill Spartans easily when you do not hit them properly.
>
> 5. It does not outperform a Plasma Pistol. If you use it right, it’s one of the best.
>
> 6. Because of the damage and big “projectile”.
>
> 7. Happens often enough in Big Team Battle. It’s purpose it to destroy enemy vehicles. Originally Covenant ones, and the Laser kills every covie vehicle in Halo 4 in one shot if aimed properly.
>
> 8. See point 2.
>
> 9. It’s designed to kill vehicles in general, not heavily armored one’s. And it makes sense that some things in Halo are armored enough to survive one shot (or more).
>
> 10. No.
>
>
>
> It might be different to Halo 3, but people should understand that you shouldn’t compare those games, since 343I did create something entirely new. For me, the Spartan Laser is still my favourite weapon in Halo 4 like it was in Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. It’s a very specific weapon, yeah, but extremely useful when it comes to the situation where you need it.
> And I usually rock with that weapon then.

Brilliant! Stated the facts! I agree this weapon is very useful. Shooting at another spartan with the laser is like tossing a multi million dollar nuclear bomb in the ocean to kill a shark.

i hope this is a joke OP

cuz i found almost imposible don’t kill spartan targets at long-medium ranges

I use it like a sniper by leading my shot against infantry at mid to long range.

vehicles are easy to take out with it. just make sure you get the shot by anticipating the movement and charging your shot from cover

my only problem with it is that its Targeting laser is almost invisible

try driving a hog, and getting your -Yoink- blown up by something you could not counter at all

I miss the H3 Spartan laser. :’( I don’t blame 343 for this though. Bungie changed the Splaser back in Reach to the version we have now. I guess they thought it was too powerful or something. Weak.

It does not take 5 seconds to fire.

It can destroy a warthog and banshee in one hit, 343i made it to where certain spots on the vehicles are more prone to it.

I use it just fine.

What I miss is the heat seeking rocket launcher from H2

> It does not take 5 seconds to fire.
>
> It can destroy a warthog and banshee in one hit, 343i made it to where certain spots on the vehicles are more prone to it.
>
> I use it just fine.
>
>
>
> What I miss is the heat seeking rocket launcher from H2

Yeah the missile pod was meant to take its place but…its power i guess made it even but i loved the lock on rocket but hated when it was used against me. But that is how everyone weapon should feel.

the spartan laser in halo 3 had like 5 or 6 shots in it if you use the ammo mod you could have up to 6 like halo 3

Halo 3 splazer > Halo 4 splazer.

Halo 3 splazer:
5 shots per battery

one single ray of death

reticule was a dot, allowing for longer range shots

Halo 4 splazer:
4 shots per battery (5 w/ ammo)

shot becomes weaker when it is dragged across the target as it is being fired. This allows it to have a bigger aoe, at the cost of its 1sk ability.

reticule is now a large ring, making long range laser kills extremely difficult

…but vehicle armor is still made of paper, so why pick up a splazer when you can just use an anti-tank sniper rifle? Or better yet spawn with a dmr, pp, and stickies?