Spartan Laser and I seriously don't get along...

Anytime I spawn a spartan laser, or I pick up a laser, or hit with a laser. Something bad happens. No matter what I do, something always bad happens. Here’s some examples to give you an idea of what I run into:

Spawning the laser -

• Dying the second I spawn it in.
  • enemy decides to not spawn anymore vehicles
  • I end up spawning in the middle of nowhere and a stray will kill me randomly at some point in time.
  • end up dead being patient
  • end up dead being impatient

Using the laser -

• instantly become the number one threat regardless if I start charging it or not
  • Lands the beam, doesn’t kill the target ( Yes this has happened to a regular ghost, not just Scorpions and Wraiths )
  • Starts charging the beam, everyone on the -Yoink!- planet focus fires on me.
  • Allied vehicle or spartan (Maybe?) jumps in the way the second I use the laser.

Meanwhile when other people use the laser they destroy the -Yoink- out of me. The fun part is that I get little to none of the spartan laser so how the hell am I supposed to get the commendation done when I get only 1 out of every 20 packs? Not to mention it never seems to actually work in my favor. Is anyone else having this “Hit and no kill” situation? Because honestly I’m never going to spawn another laser ever again until I get unfriggenbelievable. (which is never lol)

The only time I did not kill a basic ghost or hog is if I missed conpletely, but generally I only call in lasers for bosses, and if I still have charges I use them on enemy vehicles. I use railguns to kill the crew of player vehicles so that my team can (hopefully) board it.

The Splaser seems weaker for this game. I can’t kill a Banshee or Ghost, or even significantly damage them while landing the shot. The Binary Rifle seems to do a better job than the Splaser.

I only bring in lasers at stations or at the core if I’m bringing it in on a spawn to avoid being spawned in the middle of an open area. I generally only bring them in when there is a vehicle out already that needs dealing with too. I never just take out a laser in hopes something will come along.

That’s actually the case with any power weapons I spawn lol. When I spawn the answer, it seems everyone tries to take me down and steal it from me. Usually I spawn good weapons with an overshield now

I have been trying to get the splaser commendation for the triad emblem for a long time now. The gun seems to just not want to work for me. I have found that one BTB map is good for getting splaser kills, since it spawns back really fast and I can just camp by it.

The laser is extremely inconsistent in this game. Quite annoying when a mongoose just tanks a blast of it and drives off.

> 2533274973685362;1:
> Anytime I spawn a spartan laser, or I pick up a laser, or hit with a laser. Something bad happens. No matter what I do, something always bad happens. Here’s some examples to give you an idea of what I run into:
>
> Spawning the laser -
> - Dying the second I spawn it in.
> - enemy decides to not spawn anymore vehicles
> - I end up spawning in the middle of nowhere and a stray will kill me randomly at some point in time.
> - end up dead being patient
> - end up dead being impatient
>
> Using the laser -
> - instantly become the number one threat regardless if I start charging it or not
> - Lands the beam, doesn’t kill the target ( Yes this has happened to a regular ghost, not just Scorpions and Wraiths )
> - Starts charging the beam, everyone on the -Yoink!- planet focus fires on me.
> - Allied vehicle or spartan (Maybe?) jumps in the way the second I use the laser.
>
> Meanwhile when other people use the laser they destroy the -Yoink- out of me. The fun part is that I get little to none of the spartan laser so how the hell am I supposed to get the commendation done when I get only 1 out of every 20 packs? Not to mention it never seems to actually work in my favor. Is anyone else having this “Hit and no kill” situation? Because honestly I’m never going to spawn another laser ever again until I get unfriggenbelievable. (which is never lol)

I agree with you. I’ve hit warthogs and ghosts in BTB with laser straight on (they splattered me) and didn’t destroy the vehicles. I’ve also had warthogs survive rockets at close range though with direct hit (they splattered me - I have no problem dying if it eliminates enemies vehicle since I always seem to have the team that get destroyed by vehicles). Other times rockets no problem on the warthog - vehicle damage seemed inconsistent to me.

Also - you have to hide the fact you have laser…you are easy target. Let teammates draw fire and you try and pick off their sniper or vehicles. Don’t be center of attention with laser. It’s hard sometimes - I know.

But - didn’t they just make the laser hit scan in latest update? That may change it’s performance for the better…

Endgame is the best one imo

> 2533274973685362;1:
> Anytime I spawn a spartan laser, or I pick up a laser, or hit with a laser. Something bad happens. No matter what I do, something always bad happens. Here’s some examples to give you an idea of what I run into:
>
> Spawning the laser -
> - Dying the second I spawn it in.
> - enemy decides to not spawn anymore vehicles
> - I end up spawning in the middle of nowhere and a stray will kill me randomly at some point in time.
> - end up dead being patient
> - end up dead being impatient
>
> Using the laser -
> - instantly become the number one threat regardless if I start charging it or not
> - Lands the beam, doesn’t kill the target ( Yes this has happened to a regular ghost, not just Scorpions and Wraiths )
> - Starts charging the beam, everyone on the -Yoink!- planet focus fires on me.
> - Allied vehicle or spartan (Maybe?) jumps in the way the second I use the laser.
>
> Meanwhile when other people use the laser they destroy the -Yoink- out of me. The fun part is that I get little to none of the spartan laser so how the hell am I supposed to get the commendation done when I get only 1 out of every 20 packs? Not to mention it never seems to actually work in my favor. Is anyone else having this “Hit and no kill” situation? Because honestly I’m never going to spawn another laser ever again until I get unfriggenbelievable. (which is never lol)

don’t spawn it when the enemy team is taking your base, or simply spawn at the core and carefully work your way up with a different weapon (BR/DMR) until you see a vehicle, then you have your kills. I usually don’t spawn a laser until I am certain that the enemy team has multiple vehicles already out. Don’t try to get too many player kills with it. It’s a waste of req.

The only time I generally spawn a Spartan Laser is during March on Stormbreak for the legendary Banshee that spawns near fortress. If it takes the right turn, I’ll hit it twice quickly and get the kill, if it turns the wrong way, I’ll try to maneuver so I can see it as it drops below half health and then destroy it. Use the rest of the SL and never touch it again.

*Same for Battle of Noctus

It appears to me, that once I get one, I do not know how to aim anymore.

Yeah, Splaser will take me forever to get the commendation for.

If you are running low on laser cards to call in warzone you could always jump into the BTB. I know that Recurve and Deadlock (non strongholds game type) have spartan lasers on 2 minute respawn timers on the weapon pads. Might be able to snag a few kills that way…plus they respawn so can always try again if you fudge a few shots.

^this, only it happens for binary rifles for me cuz i have not certed the laser yet and have had only one card till date.

annoying gun cuz noobs keep trolling me by poking their heads out and back when i deshield them, how i wished it was a beam or sniper rifle at that time (one shot kill no irritating particle beam)

the only reason i persist is cuz of the damn commendation

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

Same

The splaser is really weird in reach you had to hit a vehicle a millisecond and it exploded

> 2533274820441404;5:
> That’s actually the case with any power weapons I spawn lol. When I spawn the answer, it seems everyone tries to take me down and steal it from me. Usually I spawn good weapons with an overshield now

Good advice. Thanks.

The only reason I even spawn lasers is to either kill scorpions during warzone assault, or killing bosses in regular warzone, because it generally takes about 15% of whatevers health, excluding warden, so its super easy to get boss kills if you time it right, its really really annoying when your laser and an opponents laser hits at almost the same time, but since the the second laser it registering last, it gets the kill, even though they hit at almost the same time.

I seem to get the “Oh look, a friendly just wandered into my reticle in front of me” moments quite a lot as well.