Spartan Jai

Could someone tell me what exact armor Spartan Jai wears and if it’s in Halo: Reach?

It’s an unknown variant of MJOLNIR MK. IV.

It is not in Reach.

> 2533274819594227;2:
> It’s an unknown variant of MJOLNIR MK. IV.
>
> It is not in Reach.

While this is true, Halopedia states that his helmet at least resembles that of a cross between the Recruit helmet, Mark V**,** and Mark VI helmet designs. Based on this information, it can be assumed that Grey Team was testing out prototype designs, and the helmet Jai wore during 2535 was probably a prototype of what would become the Recruit variant, or perhaps the Mark V. Similar to Sam’s case where he was testing the prototype helmet of the CQB variant in 2525.

> 2533274919463107;3:
> > 2533274819594227;2:
> > It’s an unknown variant of MJOLNIR MK. IV.
> >
> > It is not in Reach.
>
>
> While this is true, Halopedia states that his helmet at least resembles that of a cross between the Recruit helmet, Mark V**,** and Mark VI helmet designs. Based on this information, it can be assumed that Grey Team was testing out prototype designs, and the helmet Jai wore during 2535 was probably a prototype of what would become the Recruit variant, or perhaps the Mark V. Similar to Sam’s case where he was testing the prototype helmet of the CQB variant in 2525.

Or at least had a similar outer shell even if the internal workings were entirely different

> 2533274819594227;2:
> It’s an unknown variant of MJOLNIR MK. IV.
>
> It is not in Reach.

Well, technically it can be recreated in Reach.

Mk V helmet, that gamestop preorder chest(I don’t remember the exact name) and those security shoulders(not the huge one, the small ones)
You could use the first wrist piece as well if you want. That’s the closest you can get to Gray Team’s Mk IV armor.

> 2533274919463107;3:
> > 2533274819594227;2:
> > It’s an unknown variant of MJOLNIR MK. IV.
> >
> > It is not in Reach.
>
>
> While this is true, Halopedia states that his helmet at least resembles that of a cross between the Recruit helmet, Mark V**,** and Mark VI helmet designs. Based on this information, it can be assumed that Grey Team was testing out prototype designs, and the helmet Jai wore during 2535 was probably a prototype of what would become the Recruit variant, or perhaps the Mark V. Similar to Sam’s case where he was testing the prototype helmet of the CQB variant in 2525.

Is the animated Fall of Reach now canon over what was in the book? Because I remember it mentioning that the suits were identical…and I know for DAMN sure only Kelly, John and Sam made it inside the rip in the Covenant ship’s hull.

> 2533274907200114;6:
> > 2533274919463107;3:
> > > 2533274819594227;2:
> > > It’s an unknown variant of MJOLNIR MK. IV.
> > >
> > > It is not in Reach.
> >
> >
> > While this is true, Halopedia states that his helmet at least resembles that of a cross between the Recruit helmet, Mark V**,** and Mark VI helmet designs. Based on this information, it can be assumed that Grey Team was testing out prototype designs, and the helmet Jai wore during 2535 was probably a prototype of what would become the Recruit variant, or perhaps the Mark V. Similar to Sam’s case where he was testing the prototype helmet of the CQB variant in 2525.
>
>
> Is the animated Fall of Reach now canon over what was in the book? Because I remember it mentioning that the suits were identical…and I know for DAMN sure only Kelly, John and Sam made it inside the rip in the Covenant ship’s hull.

I wouldn’t take any of the new things and changes from the animated Fall of Reach as canon.

Well it is a unique Mark IV variant. Just we cant be 100% sure what variant it actually is.

I went through Jai’s variant clearly and while yes similar to Recruit. It is distinct enough to be different.

Halopedia link

Jai’s helmet looks like a hybrid of the Mark V Operator and Mark V Commando helmets.