Spartan IVs?

Just wondering, how strong are the IVs compared to IIIs and IIs? Also about how many of each generation were made?

Spartan IV’s are the weakest Spartans to date I believe.

Also, which branch of the military do each generation fall under?

Considering that the Spartan IV’s are either picked from ODST’s, Highly skilled Marines, or both… pretty -Yoink!-ing weak.

If they’re picked from ODST’s I’d love to see Buck in Spartan Ops or whatever.

> Spartan IV’s are the weakest Spartans to date I believe.

Thank you, although I would like confirmation on this from another person.

> Just wondering, how strong are the IVs compared to IIIs and IIs? Also about how many of each generation were made?

There were originally 75 Spartan II candidates (out of a possible 150 observed), but only 33 survived the Augmentation process with no permanent damage to their systems.

There was around a hundred thousand Spartan III’s, which were trained in companies of 300-330. However, they were mostly sent on suicide missions.

I believe that there are even more Spartan IV’s.

In terms of ability. Spartan II’s were the best. Spartan III’s were cheaper, more mass produced and more wreckless on the battle field (that’s not to say they weren’t good).

I imagine that Spartan IV’s are even more so.

Edit: And just in case you’re interested, The Spartan I project had 300 personnel at its height. However Spartan I’s did not wear the MJOLNIR armour that the later generations do. Instead, they were all-volunteer marines who went through severe physical and mental training; Augmentation and were trained in break-through military tactics.

SGT Johnson was a Spartan I. And there are also a few Spartan 1.1s (the children of Spartan I’s).

> > Spartan IV’s are the weakest Spartans to date I believe.
>
> Thank you, although I would like confirmation on this from another person.

Spartan IV’s are the cheapest and most economical Spartans to produce, thus they dont under go the same amount of extreme training like Spartan II’s(Master Chief).

> Spartan IV’s are the weakest Spartans to date I believe.

Proof?

OP, there is no way to tell how strong the IVs are as we have no information on the topic. yet. Any reply you get here will be guesses, speculations and biased opinions (biased towards the almighty and incomparable IIs).

Queue the Spartan II fanboys…

> > Spartan IV’s are the weakest Spartans to date I believe.
>
> Proof?
>
> OP, there is no way to tell how strong the IVs are as we have no information on the topic. yet. Any reply you get here will be guesses, speculations and biased opinions (biased towards the almighty and incomparable IIs).
>
> Queue the Spartan II fanboys…

DERP MAASTER CHIEFFFF IZ DA BESSST!!!KLFSDASDFMASLDK

(but for real he is)

SII’s are on average are the strongest.
SIII’s and SIV’s are comparable in strength and a few subjects from each “class” may be comparable in strength to an SII, but they are very few.
The most recent batch of SIII’s aren’t going to be as strong as many of the SIV’s because they’re not old enough to have developed muscle coordination that has now just been enhanced in many of the ODST’s that are now SIV’s.
However Alpha and Beta survivors, they’ll be strongest of the non-SIII’s as their experience will have hardened their abilities further than Gamma Company. (Gamma hasn’t been receiving their psycho-meds so they don’t get the extra boost in not feeling the pain.)

In the end look to John. He isn’t the strongest, fastest, bravest, smartest or anything’est useful with everyday intent… He might as well be Joe, average Joe amongst the Spartans. But do you know what he has that all the rest don’t?

> SII’s are on average are the strongest.
> SIII’s and SIV’s are comparable in strength and a few subjects from each “class” may be comparable in strength to an SII, but they are very few.
> The most recent batch of SIII’s aren’t going to be as strong as many of the SIV’s because they’re not old enough to have developed muscle coordination that has now just been enhanced in many of the ODST’s that are now SIV’s.
> However Alpha and Beta survivors, they’ll be strongest of the non-SIII’s as their experience will have hardened their abilities further than Gamma Company. (Gamma hasn’t been receiving their psycho-meds so they don’t get the extra boost in not feeling the pain.)
>
> In the end look to John. He isn’t the strongest, fastest, bravest, smartest or anything’est… He might as well be Joe, average Joe amongst the Spartans. <mark>But do you know what he has that all the rest don’t?</mark>

Insanely loyal fanboys.

> > SII’s are on average are the strongest.
> > SIII’s and SIV’s are comparable in strength and a few subjects from each “class” may be comparable in strength to an SII, but they are very few.
> > The most recent batch of SIII’s aren’t going to be as strong as many of the SIV’s because they’re not old enough to have developed muscle coordination that has now just been enhanced in many of the ODST’s that are now SIV’s.
> > However Alpha and Beta survivors, they’ll be strongest of the non-SIII’s as their experience will have hardened their abilities further than Gamma Company. (Gamma hasn’t been receiving their psycho-meds so they don’t get the extra boost in not feeling the pain.)
> >
> > In the end look to John. He isn’t the strongest, fastest, bravest, smartest or anything’est… He might as well be Joe, average Joe amongst the Spartans. <mark>But do you know what he has that all the rest don’t?</mark>
>
> Insanely loyal fanboys.

Nope, outstanding leadership skills.

> SII’s are on average are the strongest.
> SIII’s and SIV’s are comparable in strength and a few subjects from each “class” may be comparable in strength to an SII, but they are very few.
> The most recent batch of SIII’s aren’t going to be as strong as many of the SIV’s because they’re not old enough to have developed muscle coordination that has now just been enhanced in many of the ODST’s that are now SIV’s.
> However Alpha and Beta survivors, they’ll be strongest of the non-SIII’s as their experience will have hardened their abilities further than Gamma Company. (Gamma hasn’t been receiving their psycho-meds so they don’t get the extra boost in not feeling the pain.)
>
> In the end <mark>look to John. He isn’t the strongest, fastest, bravest, smartest or anything’est</mark> useful with everyday intent… He might as well be Joe, average Joe amongst the Spartans. But do you know what he has that all the rest don’t?

Well, he’s a 46 year old Spartan that’s managed to survive everything and anything that was thrown at him. yes he isn’t the last living Spartan, and we should definitely see the other living Spartan II’s at some-point in this trilogy, but for now he’s the best that we’ve seen in action.

> But do you know what he has that all the rest don’t?[

Luck.

> > > SII’s are on average are the strongest.
> > > SIII’s and SIV’s are comparable in strength and a few subjects from each “class” may be comparable in strength to an SII, but they are very few.
> > > The most recent batch of SIII’s aren’t going to be as strong as many of the SIV’s because they’re not old enough to have developed muscle coordination that has now just been enhanced in many of the ODST’s that are now SIV’s.
> > > However Alpha and Beta survivors, they’ll be strongest of the non-SIII’s as their experience will have hardened their abilities further than Gamma Company. (Gamma hasn’t been receiving their psycho-meds so they don’t get the extra boost in not feeling the pain.)
> > >
> > > In the end look to John. He isn’t the strongest, fastest, bravest, smartest or anything’est… He might as well be Joe, average Joe amongst the Spartans. <mark>But do you know what he has that all the rest don’t?</mark>
> >
> > Insanely loyal fanboys.
>
> Nope, outstanding leadership skills.

Actually that arguably goes to Frederic for having better leadership skills (and actually he is like the Chief in every way, just better).
One could also argue that Kurt is John’s superior in being the leader, skills-wise specific to leadership that is.
John just happened to come up with a plan that everyone on the team could agree with all those many years ago. A plan that though disobeyed direct orders, was made in honour of many of our NATO member’s beliefs that no person be left behind and could not be overlooked in merit. :slight_smile:

> Considering that the Spartan IV’s are either picked from ODST’s, Highly skilled Marines, or both… pretty -Yoink!-ing weak.
>
> If they’re picked from ODST’s I’d love to see Buck in Spartan Ops or whatever.

Keep in mind that they still get the same augmentations as the previous generation of Spartans, so they are still pretty darn strong. The main difference is that these Spartans are augmented in adulthood and they don’t fit Halsey’s genetic criteria, so they’re most likely around the strength as Spartan-IIIs, if not a bit less.

I had this discussion with GrimBrotherOne…

IIRC, Spartan IV’s, in armour, are about as powerful as Spartan II’s. In a one on one, no armour fight, the spartan II wins, hands down, but the armour the II’s use doesn’t have specializations like the Spartan IV’s armour… make sense?

> Also, which branch of the military do each generation fall under?

SPARTAN-IIs are Navy

SPARTAN-IIIs, I believe, are Army. This is coming from a note regarding Emile where it said he was in violation of several Naval codes and ended with “Good thing we’re Army.”

SPARTAN-IVs are from all different types of branches because they are volunteers. Mostly, I’d say they’re Marines and Navy.

EDIT: After reading up a bit, I think the SPARTAN-IVs are in their own branch, titled simply as “Spartan.” However, I believe most of their volunteers come from Marines and Navy.

> I had this discussion with GrimBrotherOne…
>
> IIRC, Spartan IV’s, in armour, are about as powerful as Spartan II’s. In a one on one, no armour fight, the spartan II wins, hands down, but the armour the II’s use doesn’t have specializations like the Spartan IV’s armour… make sense?

Variable :slight_smile:
Yes the unsuited II’s would kick all’s butts and the SIII’s and SIV’s would all be mixed in non-suit match, but it’s not the AA’s that make the difference. AA’s have been used by Spartans in lore since the beginning at least 2545, JP’s even sooner, but we just didn’t have them in game.
Honestly the difference between all the Spartans is much like the players who play as them, it’s not the equipment they have that makes them deadly, it’s what they can do with what they’re given, now that’s what makes them deadly.

> > Also, which branch of the military do each generation fall under?
>
> SPARTAN-IIs are Navy
>
> SPARTAN-IIIs, I believe, are Army. This is coming from a note regarding Emile where it said he was in violation of several Naval codes and ended with “Good thing we’re Army.”
>
> SPARTAN-IVs are from all different types of branches because they are volunteers. Mostly, I’d say they’re Marines and Navy.

SII’s are Navy and belong to the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command and weren’t meant to be public for a long time.
SIII’s are Army but owned by the secretive UNSC Office of Naval Intelligence Section Three subcell Beta-5 Division. Kept secret thanks to the actions of Noble being mistaken to the public as SII’s.
SIV’s are Navy and their own public division but still belong to the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command

Spartans are now under the spartan branch.
Navy, marine, army, air force, spartan.

I’d say stronger than the III’s.

If we were to look at it from a gameplay perspective, spartan IVs would take on the spartan III’s. Although gameplay does not usually translate into canon, I think in this one it does. But Spartans are Spartans.