Spartan IV's & My opinions on them

I like them to an extent, the ones who are in the program really haven’t proved to be likeable to me, I had a post a long long time ago about it.

Another complaint of mine is, Does anyone else feel kinda off about it? Their offering EVERYONE to be in the program, ODST’s, older Spartans, Marines, etc to join this “perfect” program.

I really just don’t see any individuality in this program and that its not even a big deal to be in the spartan program anymore, I can understand why people would respect and like the IV program but idk… it just doesn’t feel right to me.

Well, you’re supposed to be the best of the best, but so many of them die it’s like either the Spartans are finally being on par with the Elites like the books said, or they’re too gunho and wont stop rushing like Hoya and Thorne do.

I don’t even see them as Spartans. They’re just a bunch of glorified ODSTs to me.

I personally like them. They are more human and they are also a good opposite of the original Spartans. Nothing wrong with Spartan IV’s, and we nearly doesn’t know anything about them. Maybe “Halo: Initiation” will give us some information, but I don’t want to see they have those augmentations. I think they now can relay on their equipment and armor better. They are perfect as they are. The program and some of the key characters are just need to flesh out better.

Story: hasn’t impacted me in a big way

Gameplay (AI): They’re durable. That’s all. They are not much different from marines in performance. Nothing stands out, they’re actually worse. Slow non-damaging melees, unfinished dive animation, sometimes lack of shield recharge effect. They are very buggy.

Gameplay (player): Yeah I like them. Just wish Chief could have access to some of the tactical packages or support upgrades.

I definitely don’t respect them. They volunteer into this program and automatically are “the perfect soldier”.
They are not and it shows in the first couple cutsences of Spartan Ops, with members of Majestic hitting on other soliders on deck and jumping into the middle of a firefight.

Hell, they don’t even have their helmets within a reasonable distance.

Orion project was proof of concept. Spartan 2 was the prototype. Spartan 3 was the test group. Spartan 4 is the production model. Each step they balance cost and effectiveness better and better. Humanity needs more Spartans, but they don’t all need to be super powerful luck gods. Spartan 2’s took too long and were too costly to be effective overall. Spartan 3’s were ok but still took too long, and weren’t equipped well enough. Spartan 4’s are now well trained, well equipped, quicker to produce, effective, and in good supply. The Spartan 4 program is actually successful. The other programs were basically failures, with the exception of the MC, but he was kinda a fluke. A god of luck bulked up and given powerful equipment.

> Story: hasn’t impacted me in a big way
>
> Gameplay (AI): They’re durable. That’s all. They are not much different from marines in performance. Nothing stands out, they’re actually worse. Slow non-damaging melees, unfinished dive animation, sometimes lack of shield recharge effect. They are very buggy.
>
> Gameplay (player): Yeah I like them. Just wish Chief could have access to some of the tactical packages or support upgrades.

I actually do wish they were a bit smarter like on a level of an Elite.

Spartans are robots! xD

> > Story: hasn’t impacted me in a big way
> >
> > Gameplay (AI): They’re durable. That’s all. They are not much different from marines in performance. Nothing stands out, they’re actually worse. Slow non-damaging melees, unfinished dive animation, sometimes lack of shield recharge effect. They are very buggy.
> >
> > Gameplay (player): Yeah I like them. Just wish Chief could have access to some of the tactical packages or support upgrades.
>
> I actually do wish they were a bit smarter like on a level of an Elite.

Which isn’t saying much since the Elites are now dumbed down. But anything’s better than the state Spartans are in atm (they are worse than Grunts, how is that possible?!).

What are you talking about?

The spartan II program was phenomenal, they nearly always got the job done with flying colors, the only problem was it was costly and that kidnapping children was a bad thing, other than that it was a HUGE success.

The III program was meant to be cheaper and thus it resulted in many many deaths, beside that it was pretty dang great too, ALOT died fighting but in those mass numbers they still got the job done, even 2 man groups were trusted to go behind enemy lines to do the impossible, Head hunters. Odds against them the III’s got the job done and were trained by a II, R.I.P Kurt

Now the IV’s I really don’t even consider them Spartans, just jocks shot up with drugs in power armor screaming and shouting like idiots and joking around, the only spartan IV I respect is my own.

> Now the IV’s I really don’t even consider them Spartans, just jocks shot up with drugs in power armor screaming and shouting like idiots and joking around, the only spartan IV I respect is my own.

You need to listen to their combat chatter. The Spartan-IVs we encounter in-game are very professional and calm in combat, going so far to call vehicles by their type model, not their UNSC nickname. They yell and grunt occasionally, but no more than NOBLE team did.

Don’t really know why they talk about “securing the FOB”, though. Doesn’t it stand for forward operating base?

> Orion project was proof of concept. Spartan 2 was the prototype. Spartan 3 was the test group. Spartan 4 is the production model. Each step they balance cost and effectiveness better and better. Humanity needs more Spartans, but they don’t all need to be super powerful luck gods. Spartan 2’s took too long and were too costly to be effective overall. Spartan 3’s were ok but still took too long, and weren’t equipped well enough. Spartan 4’s are now well trained, well equipped, quicker to produce, effective, and in good supply. The Spartan 4 program is actually successful. The other programs were basically failures, with the exception of the MC, but he was kinda a fluke. A god of luck bulked up and given powerful equipment.

Only ORION was a failure. The Spartan-IIs were limited, bur dominated overwhelmingly on the ground. They did their jobs fantastically. The Spartan-IIIs did their jobs, bought time for the UNSC with their lives. Spartan-IVs have yet to be seen in terms of them being successful or failures. Begrudge Halsey and her guidelines, but there is a reason she used them.

It makes me wonder how mature these new Spartans are when a leader of a fireteam thinks it is acceptable to hit on his peers, much less his commanding officer. Lord knows how much -Yoinks!- like DeMarco abused their new gifts in Rio de Jinero.

I was really referring to that, majestic team? the ones you see on SpoPs.

> I was really referring to that, majestic team? the ones you see on SpoPs.

Only one on Majestic I like is Thorne.