Spartan IV's Multiplayer...

Anyone else hope they’re not huge, tall, floaty tank-like monstrosities?

It’s hard to tell from the footage, but for example in Reach, I liked it better when the Spartan 3’s seemed a bit more…normal human should I say?
It really showed this when compared to the size of an Elite in that game. Overall felt more relate-able to my character for me, like “Hey, this could be me if I lived in the future during this.”

They just didn’t seem to tower over everything else, and looked much more normal in vehicles too.

Hope the Spartan IV’s can give a similar vibe, though I know some enjoy the whole super powered everything kind of thing. Anyone else feel sort of the same?

I really don’t care if I play as a spartan which is tall or short. I mean really, should I?

Well, they’re apparently as powerful as Spartan IIs.

Yep. That’s all I have to say.

Player models need to be like H3, NOT like HReach. I couldnt really determine which they were more like in the trailer tbh.

I think the Spartan IV’s are there just just help out with customization and keep the story in canon

> Player models need to be like H3, NOT like HReach. I couldnt really determine which they were more like in the trailer tbh.

Why like Halo 3 though specifically? They’re the same practically, just a little shorter.

I didn’t like the slower movement and reduced jump height that we saw in Reach. I would be glad if everything was sped up a bit.

The Spartan-IV’s have the augmentations of the Spartan-III’s which were superior to the II’s, and the physical strengths of the Spartan-II’s which were superior to the III’s, and the Spartan-IV’s are volunteers like the Spartan-I’s. Its taking the best traits of each program to create a perfect one. So, the Spartan-IV’s will be 7 feet tall like a Spartan-II, well, Males anyway. Females were known to be about 6 feet.

The moment I heard we’ll be playing as Spartan IV’s I was totally surprised. In past Halo games we played with the default armor of Master Chief and from Noble Six throughout the MM. But jumping from Spartan II in campaign, to Spartan IV in multiplayer has got me interested as to how they will play.

Couldnt disagree more. Who cares what they look like or how “human” they seem. Its more fun playing as a super soldier. Added jump height adds a whole new element to halo and allows for some very interesting things to happen gameplay wise. Gameplay trumps everything.

> The moment I heard we’ll be playing as Spartan IV’s I was totally surprised. In past Halo games we played with the default armor of Master Chief and from Noble Six throughout the MM. But jumping from Spartan II in campaign, to Spartan IV in multiplayer has got me interested as to how they will play.

Yeah, that’s pretty much why I brought this up, since I practically know nothing about Spartan IV’s compared to past versions.
I don’t want them to be carbon copies of each other just with different names, but it will be interesting either way I guess to see how it turns out.

> The moment I heard we’ll be playing as Spartan IV’s I was totally surprised. In past Halo games we played with the default armor of Master Chief and from Noble Six throughout the MM. But jumping from Spartan II in campaign, to Spartan IV in multiplayer has got me interested as to how they will play.

This right here.

I’m super excited to see the gameplay differences. Maybe by Halo 5, there won’t be much of a difference and John will be integrated into the SPARTAN-IV program?